Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About The Incoming Tenno Spaceships......

Kaotyke

Isnt that ship a bit too big for just 1 Tenno?

FhKdGGF.jpg

A ship that size is a small Space Colony or a Cargo Ship to me. Unless they make the Warframes we are not using walk around as NPCs, it will be like 1 person living in an empty mansion.

Edit: Put a Banana Scale

Edit2: Just put a zoom on the scale of the LISET Ship.

Edited by Kao-Snake

That's the ship?

I WANT IT NAO.

Remember that everything they showed in the livestream is concept art, so what you see may be the same, slightly different, highly modified, or you may never see it in game. Everything is subject to change and is bound to evolve.

I'm not trying to derail or anything, but where was it stated that we would get these ships? And, what are their functions going to be?

In a Devstream, and we'll eventually use them to traverse the solar system when the star chart is retired.

Remember that everything they showed in the livestream is concept art, so what you see may be the same, slightly different, highly modified, or you may never see it in game. Everything is subject to change and is bound to evolve.

Either way, I still stand by my earlier assertion that I hope they run on nanospores and shoot ferrite and alloy plate bullets.

That would really nail down the Poly-Tenno belief.  I like that idea.

I'd be ok with them nailing down that bit of lore, even though I am against the poly-tenno theory, having confirmation one way or another would be nice.

Edited by Gelkor

Why are they this large?

A few words seem to come to mind...

Foundry, Materials Storage, Armoury, Cosmetic Storage (Gotta keep that closet full of stylish Tenno Scarves!) 

You know, UI stuff.

Clarify. What's the poly-tenno belief? I've never heard of that term.

IIRC, it's the theory that we as the player are not -a- Tenno, but a Cell of Tenno, and each of our Warframes is a different person and we happen to be controlling them at the time.

As opposed to the single Tenno belief, that we as the player are a single Tenno who can mold, adapt, or otherwise fit into the various Warframes that we own.

Poly-Tenno belief makes more sense what with the gender-swapping between frames, and the fact that you can play other frames if one frame is captured by Salad V.  Single-Tenno may imply we might be nothing more than void-touched technocyte sludge that fills the Warframes we inhabit.

Edited by Gelkor

IIRC, it's the theory that we as the player are not -a- Tenno, but a cell of Tenno, each of our Warframes is a different person and we happen to be controlling them at the time.

As opposed to the single Tenno belief, that we as the player are a single Tenno who can mold, adapt, or otherwise fit into the various Warframes that we own.

Poly-Tenno belief makes more sense what with the gender-swapping between frames, and the fact that you can play other frames if one frame is captured by Salad V.  Single-Tenno may imply we might be nothing more than void-touched technocyte sludge that fills the Warframes we inhabit.

Oh I see. I never knew that was what it was [un]officially called. I like the idea that there are each Warframe is being controlled by an individual. It's the only one that really makes sense in the big-picture lore-wise... and it helps when I ship.

I didn't get the impression that the ship the size of the one in the OP was supposed to be each player's personal ship, as that would be silly. I think they said the Liset (ship that picks you up from missions) is going to be the player ship. They also mentioned some kind of space time folding hijinks that would make the interior seem bigger than it should be.

I didn't get the impression that the ship the size of the one in the OP was supposed to be each player's personal ship, as that would be silly. I think they said the Liset (ship that picks you up from missions) is going to be the player ship. They also mentioned some kind of space time folding hijinks that would make the interior seem bigger than it should be.

They were making a Doctor Who joke when they were talking about the interior inconsistency.

And yes, they specifically said that those large ships are the personal ship. The ship used in missions is merely a "ferry" from personal ship to mission, so to speak.

Erm not really, I think you misinterpreted what they said when they started talking about the Liset. Basically they said the Liset would ALSO have its own functionality to it along side the player ship (the big one), which is why you are correct in noting that they said the Liset was "comparable to the Tardis" in that although it looks small, it actually has its own functions and that there's more than meets the eye. When you look at the rest of the player ship concept art, namely the interior of the engine room and the cockpit, you can see that the scale is much more comparable to that of the large vessel.

That's a shame, as it really doesn't seem appropriate in scale for the ship of a single Tenno. The idea of Tenno flying around the solar system in small, fast and stealthy ships seems way cooler than them tooling around in huge troop transport looking things, but whatever. I guess the idea of Tenno as vastly outnumbered and fighting a desperate guerrilla war has already gone down the tubes with stuff like them building and fighting over solar rails and doing mercenary work for the Grineer and Corpus.

The atmosphere and (admittedly vague) lore was was what initially drew me to this game, and it seems to be eroding more and more over time.

That's a shame, as it really doesn't seem appropriate in scale for the ship of a single Tenno. The idea of Tenno flying around the solar system in small, fast and stealthy ships seems way cooler than them tooling around in huge troop transport looking things, but whatever. I guess the idea of Tenno as vastly outnumbered and fighting a desperate guerrilla war has already gone down the tubes with stuff like them building and fighting over solar rails and doing mercenary work for the Grineer and Corpus.

The atmosphere and (admittedly vague) lore was was what initially drew me to this game, and it seems to be eroding more and more over time.

Considering the lore wasn't even well-developed in the first place, I don't see how it can be eroded. In fact, they've been adding more to the lore as time goes on.

Also, seeing that Tenno ship in the OP, it doesn't really give out a proper scale for it, for all we know it may be a much smaller vessel than it looks. Also, people really underestimate how vast space is, and the Tenno having slightly larger vessels as staging areas for operations on a particular planet makes a lot of sense, as opposed to using the relatively cramped Liset all the time.