Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Make Carrier's Vacuum Default On All Frames.

Kiaru

Please make carrier's vacuum ability default on all frames, and give him a new ability. This ability is far too useful and the game is much less enjoyable to play without it. You constantly lose out on loot and have to spend much more time running around collecting items, and less time actually killing and shooting things.

This is purely a QOL request, and one I think the majority of people would agree upon. There are no downsides, no negatives, simply a more enjoyable game. Most players use carrier, and I feel as though I cannot, and will not, ever use another sent simply because of vacuum. The game gets much worse and I get a headache running around collecting all the loot. Other sents have fun abilities, but losing vacuum for them isn't a fair choice, as vacuum always wins. The ability to pick up loot, health orbs and mana orbs, as well as loot stuck between things and loot mid-falling off the map is too useful to give up.

More action, more fighitng, more killing, less running around collecting loot! Please! I should be spending as much time as possible in the action, not running around collecting loot.

Please do this.

Edited by Kiaru

So your argument that your laziness is preventing some enjoyment of the game? I use Wyrm or Dethcube most of the time and don't miss the vacuum.

I guess I can't really argue that it would impact me either way but it's not exactly necessary.

Edited by ValhaHazred

Honestly I can't stand Carrier's vaccume, and I'm not sure how you all can, either.

Sure, it's great when it picks up mods and resources for you...

But then it picks up every single @(*()$ ammo drop at once, leaving me with no ammo on the ground of my used type. And no ammo period if I'm running a Mutation mod.

Honestly I can't stand Carrier's vaccume, and I'm not sure how you all can, either.

Sure, it's great when it picks up mods and resources for you...

But then it picks up every single @(*()$ ammo drop at once, leaving me with no ammo on the ground of my used type. And no ammo period if I'm running a Mutation mod.

Carrier can manage ammunition supplies so as to not collect more than needed (except cases when 1 bullet is missing and Carrier picks up the entire ammo box), and Mutation mods work only if your other ammo type is filled.

Now, when he sucks in every single energy sphere when the user gets disrupted.... Yeah.

Personally, I'd prefer Vacuum to be a shared precept useable by all sentinels. But then the Carrier should get something cool enough to still be viable but not too cool for the people to still use him over other guys as most do now.

Edited by Artarrwen

Carrier can manage ammunition supplies so as to not collect more than needed (except cases when 1 bullet is missing and Carrier picks up the entire ammo box), and Mutation mods work only if your other ammo type is filled.

Now, when he sucks in every single energy sphere when the user gets disrupted.... Yeah.

Personally, I'd prefer Vacuum to be a shared precept useable by all sentinels. But then the Carrier should get something cool enough to still be viable but not too cool for the people to still use him over other guys as most do now.

The couple of times I ran him during some credit farms while scrambling to get mastery, he was picking up all ammo drops at all times, cleaning the ground even though I wasn't using enough ammo to warrant that.

May have just been glitching, but that alone made me not want to deal with him outside of Infested runs where I primarily use my melee anyways.

Regardless, I want my pet to primarily be keeping my &#! alive. *Nuzzles Shade* which is what my little Myon here does quite well ^___^

Don't see a point in Vaccume, would take a second forma to make room if I wanted it, and it wouldn't make it easier to get drops when lagging, which is really the only time it's a pain to get drops. Of course, I also tend to have more awaremness than most, so there's always that.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

I could accept that if Carrier's ability was changed to something like: "gets 6%/12%/18%24% more stuffs from drops".
So you get more ammo, energy, health, credits and resources (notice 24% isn't enough to get an extra rare mat, even when you pick up 2 oxiums) when using him.
And it would fit with its "pack mule" style ... and with it being a fat-&#! sentinel.

I could accept that if Carrier's ability was changed to something like: "gets 6%/12%/18%24% more stuffs from drops".

So you get more ammo, energy, health, credits and resources (notice 24% isn't enough to get an extra rare mat, even when you pick up 2 oxiums) when using him.

And it would fit with its "pack mule" style ... and with it being a fat-&#! sentinel.

That would make the situation worse than it already is lol

Why? Do you really need more nano spores and credits? Ammo and energy? There are better ways to get those ...

Nano Spores and Credits? No.

But giving me nearly 25% more of resources like, oh, Ferrite, Rubedo, Plastids, Polymer Bundles....

Hell, even Salvage has value now since it takes 750 per ODE run. Thought I'd never run through my 100k+ of that stuff, and yet I am quite quickly due to nightly ODE Vault runs.

Also, an ammo pickup buff might free up a slot on a few of my weapons using mutation mods. Hell, they might allow a mutation mod with no scav aura to be enough to run Cestras effectively. Probably wouldn't fix the Dex Furis, but might work for them, too.

Basically, you'd be trading a "useless" slash "too good" (depending on who you ask) ability for one that would more oft be considered "too good".

Edited by TheBlueJelly

It'd be good to have increased pick up range on warframes by default, but only for mods and resources.  Vaccum can continue to work as it does now.  This way, players wouldn't miss out on loot, but they'd still have reasons to pick Carrier or not.  Players would still need to run across ammo and orbs, unless they're fine with Carrier can vacuuming loot indiscriminately.

So your argument that your laziness is preventing some enjoyment of the game? I use Wyrm or Dethcube most of the time and don't miss the vacuum.

I guess I can't really argue that it would impact me either way but it's not exactly necessary.

It's not about laziness.  When containers are opened or mobs die, sometimes the loot gets stuck behind boxes or other inconvenient locations.  Carrier is able to grab the loot that players would normally miss.

A lot of players feel that Carrier is incredibly useful because it helps them gather loot, but this change makes him mandatory.  This would make Carrier generate bonus loot and he'd act as a resource booster.  I doubt many players would pass up the opportunity for increased resource drops, especially if they're hunting things like Orokin Cells, Neural Sensors, Oxium, Argon Crystals, etc.

A lot of players feel that Carrier is incredibly useful because it helps them gather loot, but this change makes him mandatory.  This would make Carrier generate bonus loot and he'd act as a resource booster.  I doubt many players would pass up the opportunity for increased resource drops, especially if they're hunting things like Orokin Cells, Neural Sensors, Oxium, Argon Crystals, etc.

Read it again. It wouldn't help one bit with those.

And seriously, I wouldn't expect most players to sacrifice other useful abilities for 24% more un/common resources ... which you can get in 5 minutes in a DS.

And seriously, I wouldn't expect most players to sacrifice other useful abilities for 24% more un/common resources ... which you can get in 5 minutes in a DS.

And in 25 minutes in a DS, I could get 31 minutes of DS farmed. Effectively doing an hour's worth of work in under 50 minutes.

If that doesn't sound like much... I have nearly 500 "hours played" - which only counts time in missions. That would give me an extra 120 hours worth of mats than I currently have.

And considering bosses are the best way to get the rare mats....

Sure, people who only think short term wouldn't see it as worth it, but seriously, if you don't think long term in this game, you aren't going to get very far. Warframe is a game where you play a space ninja re-enacting the daily lives of actual ninja: farming.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

It's not always clear how resources are gathered, and it looks like pickups sometimes get merged in the loot log.  Even if rare materials are 1 per drop or never subject to a boost, there's still the issue of the other resources getting multiplied.  A permanent credit boost is nice, and the boosted health/energy/ammo would still make Carrier an incredibly strong choice, compared to the other sentinels.

More people will use carrier instead lol !

24% more orokin cells mate !

FYI my carrier doesn't even have a gun, he is just there to loot. 

And put a shield over me when I revive someone, oh guardian and Coolant leak too.

Equipping guns on him makes him more vulnerable to aggro which is against my idea of looting.

Edited by fatpig84

More people will use carrier instead lol !

24% more orokin cells mate !

Oh come on! Read what I said and remember the game doesn't round up if it's not 50%. It wouldn't work on rare materials. Not even if you had a boost and you picked up 2 of them (because it's not 25%).

It's not always clear how resources are gathered, and it looks like pickups sometimes get merged in the loot log.  Even if rare materials are 1 per drop or never subject to a boost, there's still the issue of the other resources getting multiplied.  A permanent credit boost is nice, and the boosted health/energy/ammo would still make Carrier an incredibly strong choice, compared to the other sentinels.

It's pretty clear. Only the notification adds them up. You don't pick up more than one. Boosts are x2, not x1.24, this is quite inferior, and it only works on the common/uncommon resources. And really? x1.24 ammo makes it too strong?

But hey, what if it didn't even touch resources? Would you still consider 25% (or even 50%) more gains per orb/ammo drop too powerful? Because honestly, I wouldn't even care if it didn't affect the "trash" resources.

Edited by The_Doc

Oh come on! Read what I said and remember the game doesn't round up if it's not 50%. It wouldn't work on rare materials. Not even if you had a boost and you picked up 2 of them (because it's not 25%).

It's pretty clear. Only the notification adds them up. You don't pick up more than one. Boosts are x2, not x1.24, this is quite inferior, and it only works on the common/uncommon resources. And really? x1.24 ammo makes it too strong?

But hey, what if it didn't even touch resources? Would you still consider 25% (or even 50%) more gains per orb/ammo drop too powerful? Because honestly, I wouldn't even care if it didn't affect the "trash" resources.

The main problem is that Carrier is desired because he mitigates a problematic gameplay issue.  If warframes could easily scoop up loot without Carrier, the replacement ability you proposed still makes him more desirable than the other sentinels.  Here are some sample numbers for the change you proposed, with the base value, 1.2 multiplier, and 1.5 multiplier.

Health & Energy

25 (30) (37.5)

Ammo

10 (12) (15)

20 (24) (30)

Most of the other sentinel abilities feel too unpredictable for me, and Investigator loses its purpose when your codex is complete.  Bonus health/energy/ammo is something that is consistent, reliable, and would give me no reason to pick the other sentinels.  The ammo bonus alone may be enough for some people to skip ammo mutation mods too.  It may or may not be OP, but it doesn't make the other sentinels more desirable.

The reason that I use Carrier is to prevent me from 'pause' the game while running around picking up drops. Call it laziness if you like but I think fighting is more fun than running around collecting loot.

I agree that precept should cost more if it isn't equipped with designated Sentinel. Lowering the range isn't a good idea, imo, since the point of using Vacuum is to gather drops and range decrease doesn't suit the utility it offers.

i find myself using Carrier almost 100% of the time now as i "need" the vacuum precept in order to get the drops that fall into places i cannot reach (behind chests or lockers i cant squeeze through).

its also amazing to have in void missions as you can break chests hidden behind walls and suck up the loot without hitting any floor switches to open the hidden doors (which is sometimes necessary as not all doors open but they almost always have chests behind them.)

but regardless above what i said above, i really miss my Wyrm... he was my baby and he got kicked to the curb when his more successful adopted brother Carrier keeps outperforming him for what i need in a mission.

I think sentinels should have a slot in their mods for the ability mods... and be able to mix and match them like the weapons... so if you bought carrier you get vacuum and the sweeper (holy crap, sweeper and vacuum) 

then if you got deth cube you could use vacuum on it over the vaporize ability... so you can have a sentinel you like the look of with an ability you like...

also i don't like the idea of vacuum being default in any way shape or form. 
though a "loot vacuum" (resources and mods only) mod would be welcome. 

Ammo and Energy can cause issues for more skilled players.

example.  t
you are using ammo mutation on your secondary... primary runs out of ammo, VROOP. vacuum sucks up primary ammo and mutates it to pistol, leaving your primary empty.

you are doing an infested mission (dark sectors, ODD etc.) a nice collection of energy is left around then BAM, disrupted... VROOP vacuum sucks up all the energy and you get 0 energy.

Edited by (PS4)Dan_The_Noob

@Dan actually Mutation doesn't quite work like that.... It only mutates if:

1) You're full on the picked up ammo type

2) The weapon with mutation is currently out

However, as I mentioned it is still a problem, as you can no longer intentionally leave, say, the sniper ammo drops for when your pistols stop being efficient and you need to pull out the big gun.

Energy though, yeah that works exactly like that lol