Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simple Little Buff For Volt ?

DeadScream

Make electric shields channel electricity, acting like electronics when Volt uses his Overload. 

It would allow Volt to be an effective damaging warframe in outdoor tilesets where there's no electronics to channel his electricity, and would potentially make of Overload a modular ability. 

That's kind of a cool idea. It would certainly encourage me to use Electric Shields more often even if I don't need it's protection or added projectile damage. Would make Volt really unique too.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the first person with this idea, but well, if it's not already a feature I guess it's worth the suggestion :) 

Thanks for your support.

This is about the only buff I would approve of for Volt. (Since he's awesome otherwise. Shhh, don't tell anyone!) Seems like it would be a lot of fun, requires player choice, and is not OP. It's tactical (smacks his lips and says "mmm, delicious!")

This is about the only buff I would approve of for Volt. (Since he's awesome otherwise. Shhh, don't tell anyone!) Seems like it would be a lot of fun, requires player choice, and is not OP. It's tactical (smacks his lips and says "mmm, delicious!")

Haha Volt is FABULOUS !

Well, in a perfect game, all frames would have downsides.

Being away from electronics might be Volt's weakness.

Must admit you have a good point here, but Volt is already weakened against most of what is not Corpus (imho). 

Still a good CC/support against all factions, but the need of electronics make of Overload a way too much situational ability. 

In defense missions, you can barely use it three times in different places before it loses 50% of its power :(

I would be done for this. I mean, it gives you more use from any placed barriers, and even opens up new offensive opportunities at the cost of a substantial amount of extra energy. In defense missions and such where you don't move room to room, I think having this effect for the barrier/Overload would be very useful and reasonable.

They still do for hitscan weapons and the punch=through=multishot behavior is back as well.

true, but here again, my suggestion is to buff overload and shock, not electric shield ^^ 

I would be done for this. I mean, it gives you more use from any placed barriers, and even opens up new offensive opportunities at the cost of a substantial amount of extra energy. In defense missions and such where you don't move room to room, I think having this effect for the barrier/Overload would be very useful and reasonable.

thx for your support :) 

love the pun with your alias, btw

I would like to add in that Volt's base runspeed be increased to 1.15-1.2. We all know PUG games are rushing, and not all of us like to grab a pair of axes and spin all over the place like a dreidel - there are some of us that are serious about using our melee weapons for more than just mobility. In addition to that, speed is very important for players who don't prefer to just sit back and shoot,but get in there and mix it up!

I would like to add in that Volt's base runspeed be increased to 1.15-1.2. We all know PUG games are rushing, and not all of us like to grab a pair of axes and spin all over the place like a dreidel - there are some of us that are serious about using our melee weapons for more than just mobility. In addition to that, speed is very important for players who don't prefer to just sit back and shoot,but get in there and mix it up!

As much as I understand your point, I think Volt's speed is okay. It's way enough compared to Mag or Ember.

I'd like it if you had some sort of HUD overlay while playing volt that highlighted everything that counts as an electronic device. As of now it's a bit of a guessing game sometimes, I've seen lightning bolts come out of random junk on walls and nearby lights remain unaffected.

I'd like it if you had some sort of HUD overlay while playing volt that highlighted everything that counts as an electronic device. As of now it's a bit of a guessing game sometimes, I've seen lightning bolts come out of random junk on walls and nearby lights remain unaffected.

would be neat ! 

Sometimes it's a good surprise but, well, too much random.