Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Your Imprint Breeding Results. Let's Try And Figure Out The Kubrow Genetics (Imprints)

Electronite

Question

I was just looking around to see what imprints do exactly, do they carry the fur patterns only or everything including build and class, but I came up empty. Looked around the forums and there wasn't anything definitive. From Live stream 31 they say it includes all the characteristics but some people say its only the patterns.

So I thought I'd create a thread for people to post the results of their kubro breeding results so we can get a grasp on what traits are dominant or recessive. So here's a template for posting your 'experiment'. Pictures would be EXTREMELY helpful, if you don't have the screenshots then try to be as descriptive as possible, perhaps use other people's posts as an example. For example, "My imprint 1 has the same patter as post #6 Imprint 1" or something like that.

Imprint 1:(Please if you can make sure the order you post here is the same order you used when blending)

Kubro Type:

Height(Tall, medium, small):

Build(Stocky/Fat, Normal, Skinny):

Pattern(Just a simple description would do, just needed to see what pattern ends up dominant):

Imprint 2:

Kubro Type:

Height:

Build:

Pattern:

Baby:

Kubro Type:

Height:

Build:

Pattern:

So far my findings are:

--- Imprints only give a higher chance for the kubro baby to carry the characteristics of the 2 imprints. 

---There are dominant and recessive traits, resulting in some traits to always take priority. But that's only if RNG decides your imprints take priority.

---Each Kubro can only have 2 imprints taken of them. And only after they are fully grown into adults.

---From Livestream gender could also imply dominance or recessiveness of genes.

---As of Hotfix 14.05 All Kubro breeding now only uses dominant traits(no surprises recessive genes anymore). Well this is a big change, don't know how exactly this will work. 

---From a twitter we found out these are the traits categories:

Body Type(implicitly derived, not explicitly stated)

Fur Pattern

Eye Colour

Colour layer 1,2 and 3(ie Primary colour, Tint 1, and Tint 2)

https://twitter.com/sheldoncarter/status/491370256699359232

---CONFIRMED. Using 2 imprints of a same Kubro does not guarentee the same Kubro but a very high chance of so.

8bb3318ecf192db93d9b8e61a527f946.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hypothesis/Speculation(need more data)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***FUR PATTERN**

So far we have seen many cases of Kubros with the following patterns, the other types are quite rare and I still haven't recieved any data on them. FEED ME DATA.

Stripes: The pattern with stripes on the kubro's back and legs, much like a tiger.

Lotus: A lotus symbol on the face.

Patchy: The most common of patterns, just patches of the 2 different colours on the doge, mostly very light and similiar so sometimes hard to distinguish.

Speculation:(NOT FINAL)

1. From Several case studies #6; #12; #24; #34; we can see that the stripes pattern is RECESSIVE. In all of the cases a stripes pattern when combined with another pattern will 'blend' you a baby with the other pattern.

2. Lotus pattern is also RECESSIVE, as seen in case study #32.

3. The Patchy pattern is very common and can be ruled as a dominant gene. So if you want a good pattern don't bring in a kubro with the patchy pattern. I think it is safe to say PATCHY IS DOMINANT.

**BODY TYPE**

Thanks to Jin_Kazama for pointing out, the stocky/fat kubro body type isn't a dominant one, he bred 2 fat doges and he got a normal weight doge. (CASE #12)

UPDATE(22/07/2014) : As of Hotfix 14.05 All Kubro breeding now only uses dominant traits(no surprises recessive genes anymore)

UPDATE(25/07/2014): I added a speculation part, to brainstorm. The findings there aren't final and purely speculation based on the limited data I have now. Thank you everyone for the posts so far. If you got friends who have also bred their kubro ask them if they'd like to post their puppy blender experience here :D Once again thank you for all the helpful posts. Love you guys.

Edited by Electronite

was trying to get an all black with the orange on the face :)  lotus style.  still trying in fact lol.

Well you could always breed both of the offspring you got from breeding. They actually should have a good chance of getting what you want lol

:) my bro already has dibs on both of the imprints to have himself a copy of the black/black/black one. so the orange one i will cross with a different black/black/grey one that i have. should be promising. i have a huge chart posted that i keep updating to show the progress

:) my bro already has dibs on both of the imprints to have himself a copy of the black/black/black one. so the orange one i will cross with a different black/black/grey one that i have. should be promising. i have a huge chart posted that i keep updating to show the progress

How many lotus kubrow have you got from random incubations?

my first 6 i used the scrambler on until they all had lotus patterns.proly like around 12 total randomly. over 50 pups in my inventory...lots i will never grow lol. have been trying to introduce some brighter color into the bloodline lol. all of the ones on the chart with the red borders are from randoms or scramblers.

the chart is a combination of mine and my brothers kubrows. we keep swapin the sweet ones and try to make the sickest lotus kubrows we can lol

Edited by SUMA

So now that color and pattern customization is on its way. All I need to do is get my Kubrows body type right. Are body types random or can I steer it towards what I want? 

Since they didn't mention body types I'd assume they're still gonna be random. I'm just worried about the people(including mysef) who spent a lot of time and platinum trying to get the "Perfect Kubrow" :/

i agree, what do i do now lol XD

...with the 50+ pups in my list lol

spent a lot of plat to get rare colors and such.

Eh I'm just gonna hope DE comes up with a reasonable solution ,although I can't really think of a way they can compensate the player base who did spend time on their kubrows lol

well, they do seem to do their best to keep the community happy so, i guess we'll see.

Yea that's one of the reasons why I really like the company DE. They actually RESPOND to the community so I'm sure a solution will come eventually and if not I'll just weep in a corner for a few days...

Edited by Christo198

Is it me or do you only find Lotus prints on Medium or Skinny built Kubrows? I think I've only seen one bulky build with a Lotus print, and that was a week or so ago

Chances are good there are a lot more, but their owners just haven't put up their pictures.

I don't know, what temperament Yorick was, traded for his imprint. I wanted his black fur, but the only thing I got seems to be his bulky build. I can't say anything about their eyecolours, hight really seems to be random, as their daughter is really huge.

212z4ar.png

So I was going thorugh some of my previous kubrows when I stumbled upon this one. When I first had her I didn't think much, but I looked closer and now I'm confused. Does it have a lotus symbol? I't has interesting markings on its face and doesn't have the other patterns(fox/striped/patches). So hopefully the thread can help me identify her :/

LvEDevd.jpg

bRL3ik7.jpg