Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Movement While Knocked Down

DSMK2

So you're knocked down, be it from a Grineer heavy's slam attack or from some explosive weapon. Instead of simply getting back up in your Warframe's pace, why not be able to roll while you're down? This could probably address that period where players have no control until their Warframe gets up.

Controls

• Jump - Get up from your back normally.
  • Left, Right, Forward, Backward - Quickly roll left, right, forwards(?), or backwards(?) a 'step', roll from your back to your back again. Costs a set amount of stamina to roll.
  • Left, Right, Forward, Backward + Sprint - left, right, forwards, or backwards continuously. Drains the most stamina.
  • Left, Right, Forward, Backward (Mid-roll) + Crouch - Roll into crouching position (then stand up if you choose to).

• (Melee weapon equipped) Forward, Backward + Melee - Launch a direction with a melee attack (similar to wall attacks).
  • (Melee weapon equipped) Block - Block projectiles and attacks while you're down, depending on enemy proximity, they might get their attacks reflected back to them, enemies hit this way may have a short stun period.

• (Being pulled) + Couch - Regain control and start sliding to the enemy pulling you, release crouch to halt(?).
  • (Being pulled) + Couch + Melee - Initiate a slide attack the direction you're being pulled.

• (Secondary equipped) + Fire - Use mouse to aim towards a target, you cannot aim (right-click) while you're down, shots you will will suffer accuracy penalties.

Notes

• Handspring mod should Increase your roll and base knockdown recovery speed, adds extra damage to the roll melee attack.
  • Cannot be stopped (except by obstacles) while rolling; i.e. Shockwave Moas swarms cannot stop you from rolling, so you can roll away and get up, instead of continuously trying to recover after each knockdown.
  • After rolling, and if the Warframe hasn't gotten back up, should appear in a 'ready' position, instead of the usual knocked down state.

Thoughts?

Edited by DSMK2

I totally love this idea! no doubt A lot of users me included would end up doing some pretty stupid moves like rolling off a ledge or into more heavy gunners, but but that would just be when you are still learning this new stuff.

after a while I bet lots of people (me included again) would be able to pull off really awesome moves like rolling out of the way then turning right back around and jump kicking our attacker in the face.

I would love to see how derpy and awesome it could get if this was put in the game. 

lastly do you think it should also work on the infested's/grineer's grapple hooks DMK2?

I would love to see how derpy and awesome it could get if this was put in the game. 

lastly do you think it should also work on the infested's/grineer's grapple hooks DMK2?

Probably separate, but this is how I see it:

Once you get pulled, if you're facing (camera) the general direction you're being drawn towards and you press crouch; you will go into a slide, from there you can do a slide attack, or simply stand up one the enemy has finished pulling you.

Right now I would settle for Jump, Slide and Melee to not mysteriously decide to not work for no good reason and at wholly dangerous and inopportune times.

{I actually do know why they don't work, it's because Warframe input operates on a Flag-State input filter that does not always reflect the proper action being presented to the player. This is a topic for another post, but I just wanted to +1 it with a little more flare.}