PookieNumnums

ok

id like to preface with a few things

im all for exclusives

im all for challenge

i am not completely antigrind 

i am guilty of maximum overhype 

Events

i have been impressed with a majority of events that have been held since  joining wf. 

however;

i feel that the gap between challenge and reward isnt where it should be.

i can understand people disliking rewards locked behind a grind wall and since enough of us made a big enough deal they nubbed that. now we have experienced since then events that require teamwork, some strategy, rethinking our roles, and has as a trnd included events that require less facetime and include progressive difficulty. all great choices imo and seeing the modes land as permanent to-dos in game makes me happy.. 

yet

the rewards have been less than jaw dropping. events used to be two days. now they last a week. i have to say id rather have the grind wall rebuilt and fortified if it allows for weapons rewarda and mod rewards akin to straith brakk sniper v and primed chamber.

events used to be two days. now they last a week.

I fail to see how this is a real problem or something to complain about. It's called suitably accounting for 'everyone' in their audience just as they should be. People want to play the game but not everyone has the time to try and dedicate 2 days for something like this.

It was a smart move and should always be maintained for future events.

Edited by Naith

im on my phone and i cant use editor so..

continuing

imma merge with op later 

with events  lasting a week at a time the grindwall is but a few runs a day.. 

how do u guys feel what do you think 

at the very least de could introduce a wraith or vandal upgrade or skin for above and beyond performances 

i like what their doing but even with as short as the events are the mods and weapon seem subpar. 

i can also recall de saying something about using the "questing system" as a way to introduce events.. and what about tactical alerts.. i was rally hopeeng for more badgeyness for my stratos 

i swear this community needs a short yellow buss for field trips

im saying bring back some of the grind so we can have the op plz nerf rewards like brakk and the other afforementioned 

i will do all events for all rewards because thats me but especially for those without the time to grind the recent rewards have been less than wowing 

I want't a "straith brakk sniper v" sounds awesome.

I also agree we could use better rewards. 

In this particular case, 120% specific damage for 11 points, as it is based on a damage fraction and does not modify base damage as perceived by elemental mods, translates to about the same effect of 90% elemental damage for 11 points, not bad, nor wonderful. These will join the ranks of the theoretically nice but usually unequipped mods for almost every weapon that does not have some formas applied, except for a couple of melee weapons where the new mods shine a little. The dual stat mods were awesome in many ways, these new mods are just ok.

i swear this community needs a short yellow buss for field trips

im saying bring back some of the grind so we can have the op plz nerf rewards like brakk and the other afforementioned 

i will do all events for all rewards because thats me but especially for those without the time to grind the recent rewards have been less than wowing 

the OP please nerf reward is not about the grind but about DE

The event-missions are pretty boring.

The mods are okay, not spectacular though (on some weapons maybe).

Haven't gotten the Sheev yet because I couldn't be bothered to play 5 more of those missions right now. Will get it later for sure, but meh, the missions are not very motivating to play.

the rewards have been less than jaw dropping. events used to be two days. now they last a week. i have to say id rather have the grind wall rebuilt and fortified if it allows for weapons rewarda and mod rewards akin to straith brakk sniper v and primed chamber.

This feels like a personal problem. I generally enjoyed the event, and considering all it took was 15 runs the rewards feel appropriate. We don't need more hilariously OP stuff.

Also why are we calling this a megathread?

Edited by vaugahn

I fail to see how this is a real problem or something to complain about. It's called for suitably accounting for 'everyone' in their audience just as they should be. People want to play the game but not everyone has the time to try and dedicate 2 days for something like this.

It was a smart move and should always be maintained for future events.

LOL. I guess to OP's point, I think I need to put in 2 days off to play for the event instead of working overtimes to have more money to support DE. Edited by ndantony

i wasnt done with the post phone sucks and way to pick out an irrelevant topic from a noncomplaint 

now that it lasts a week its doable by everyone and you dont retire before 20 yers in the service if u smell what imsniffin at. 

It wasn't irrelevant. You stated the point I drew from initially and as far as I'm aware it came across as some sort of complaint, or a point.

Edited by Naith

The event rewards have been plenty good enough for their purpose, if you ask me. The event rewards should NOT be "OP plz Nerf" at all. It's bad enough when you have weapons like that in general, but if you go and make them exclusive to events, you basically alienate future players. They would feel like they're at a major disadvantage just because they came to the game late.

If anything, the problem is that event mods are remaining exclusive for too long, and I say this as someone who hasn't missed any of them.

Edited by Tails-san

This feels like a personal problem. I generally enjoyed the event, and considering all it took was 15 runs the rewards feel appropriate. We don't need more hilariously OP stuff.

Also why are we calling this a megathread?

This isnt about it taking too long. Or the event being unfun. Its about the rewards of events being equivalent to the old biweekly tenno reinforcements.  Only with glitter.

Can"t agree more

Time is good. more time is fine.

You know what reward would have made this event have the bestest reward all year???

GRAKATA WRAITH!!!

Because of Hakuna Grakata reasons of course.  C'mon DE you can do it....  Plz...

oh, you... lol

I'm content with the T4 key rewards.

Certainly beats sitting in interception.

Here is a chance for a reward, for a chance for a reward. Lockbox in disguise. no thanks.

There's a lot of people who would rip your throat out for trying to add more Event2Win to the game.

Let them eat cake.

Ok so we dont need more op weapons? Why not? You want people to just keep using brakk boltor p and bo p? or w/e ... Or would you rather have more equally useful weapons? They arent going to nerf the best of the best so they should add more bests. Right now the forums agree that there are a small cluster of god tier weapons... Releasing more IS a good idea so we (the community) dont all eventually end up using the same three or four basic loadouts... Variety is the spice of lifestyle that is warframe. PLLUSSS for all the people who did miss out on previous OP Plz nerf weps should have their chance to get them..

HELL, MAKE EM ALL BLUEPRINTS AND LET US BUY THE SLOT AND TATO.. IDC.. But please, if its an EVENT there should be something SPECIAL about the weapons besides the 'exclusivity' which isnt really even the point.

DISCLAIMER: If you aren't complaining about having a week to do the event, ignore the text below, otherwise, read it.

The only people that could possibly find a flaw in it being a week long event are the clans who care about the worthless clan trophy.

No one else in their right mind will complain about having way more time to complete said event.

If you do, let's just say I can't say what you are on these boards.

2 days can easily be missed from someone who has real world responsibilities.

5 to 6 days can also be missed, but less chance of it being missed.

Complaining about having more time to complete and event is 100% ludicrous.

Also, finding tower 4 keys from opening two chests on the way to fighting two bosses that have a high chance to drop Orokin Cells is completely worth it alone, moreso than the mod pack imo. 3 caches can grant Cryotic, which people were dirtying their diapers over when they "missed out" on the event so they couldn't make the super underwhelming piece of garbage that is the freeze ray thing, so there is also that. 50 oxium helps with both Zephyr and Helios tremendously.

The event offers a lot. Just because it's worth so little to you doesn't mean someone else isn't praising the lord almighty they got those last oxium for a new frame and so on.

It may not be good compensation for YOU. You aren't the only one playing this game though.

Edited by darthdart