Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event Megathread: Effort Vs Compensation

PookieNumnums

Ok so we dont need more op weapons? Why not? You want people to just keep using brakk boltor p and bo p? or w/e ... Or would you rather have more equally useful weapons? They arent going to nerf the best of the best so they should add more bests. Right now the forums agree that there are a small cluster of god tier weapons... Releasing more IS a good idea so we (the community) dont all eventually end up using the same three or four basic loadouts... Variety is the spice of lifestyle that is warframe. PLLUSSS for all the people who did miss out on previous OP Plz nerf weps should have their chance to get them..

HELL, MAKE EM ALL BLUEPRINTS AND LET US BUY THE SLOT AND TATO.. IDC.. But please, if its an EVENT there should be something SPECIAL about the weapons besides the 'exclusivity' which isnt really even the point.

If those weapons are to remain at that level, then yes, there should be more, but events isn't the proper way to do it. If you give people who missed past event weapons the chance to get them, you get people whining "but that's exclusive to this event! I worked hard for that!" like happened when the Brakk became available through the G3. And I've already said the problem with not making them available again.

Thus, the best solution is to not put that tier of weapons in events.

If those weapons are to remain at that level, then yes, there should be more, but events isn't the proper way to do it. If you give people who missed past event weapons the chance to get them, you get people whining "but that's exclusive to this event! I worked hard for that!" like happened when the Brakk became available through the G3. And I've already said the problem with not making them available again.

Thus, the best solution is to not put that tier of weapons in events.

Have a cookie. It's lotus shaped!

Events

i have been impressed with a majority of events that have been held since  joining wf. 

however;

i feel that the gap between challenge and reward isnt where it should be.

i can understand people disliking rewards locked behind a grind wall and since enough of us made a big enough deal they nubbed that. now we have experienced since then events that require teamwork, some strategy, rethinking our roles, and has as a trnd included events that require less facetime and include progressive difficulty. all great choices imo and seeing the modes land as permanent to-dos in game makes me happy.. 

yet

the rewards have been less than jaw dropping. events used to be two days. now they last a week. i have to say id rather have the grind wall rebuilt and fortified if it allows for weapons rewarda and mod rewards akin to straith brakk sniper v and primed chamber.

So far I'm participating in my fourth Warframe-event. Breeding Grounds and Cryotic Front were pretty cool and the rewards were overall very good IMO. Spectres was very well done, too. It was simply an introduction to how rescue-missions will now work - thus, the rewards not being the most important thing IMO. A similar rule might apply to Gatebreach, as this is basically a storytelling mission, a buildup for the upcoming Update 15 - which I can imagine to get its own startup-event then. I consider Gatebreach as a positive form of timefiller, to make us do something instead of just wait for the big update. And while the rewards might not be stellar, they're not bad either. They're free to get, the time spent in 15 missions will not hurt anyone more than playing through the nodes of a mid-level planet.

Edited by RedEyedRaven

the rewards have been less than jaw dropping.

I have to agree. I'm all for grinding to earn something, I don't mind that a bit. I did like the addition of exploring/searching for caches and the added teamwork for this event... But the rewards have definitely not impressed me. I'm still trying the Atterax, but the Sheev is... well, politely, it'll end up as just mastery fodder to me. I'm particularly disappointed with the mods, which I have little use for... I'd have to fiddle with them to see if I could make it work, but they seem intended for very specific weapons (that I don't primarily use), which makes them lackluster and probably not desirable to a lot of people.

The only thing I really liked out of the event was the Grineer Cache rewards (getting Oxium was nice, especially since the new dojo teleporters cost a ton of it. Cryotic rewards not so much), and the Vaults which have now been removed (but perhaps understandably, it would devalue the mods severely if people kept farming.)

Sadly, most of my clanmates seemed burned out that the map was more Derelict stuff, since that's already so much of the endgame content.

as subtly pointed out: "fun" is missing in the OP.

Personally, I find it interesting to be nerfed into unranked, ability-less frames. I find that the rewards are a nice touch, but does not need to be overwhelming. Having a new potatoed-slotted melee weapon is quite enough for me.

How is this a "Megathread"? And why the excessive space between your lines?

And the rewards are fine compared to how little you had to work for it. 15 casual missions that you could blitz, with bonuses if you explored. I'd take that any day compared to many of the earlier proper grind events.

No more grind, please. Please, no more grind.

I absolutely detest grinding. I don't have the time, energy, or motivation to dedicate a lot of time into grinding for something. Especially when RNG is a factor.

We can have really good rewards without grinding for it. It's not because we don't have the grind anymore that we don't get good rewards. This is a correlated instance. This doesn't mean one causes the other.

I've played through several events now and found each one had its own merits and flaws. In this one, I particularly liked the steadily degrading aspect of your Frames if you kept going onwards.  I liked the jumping from Derelict to actual planet map and back.  I liked the addition of the Grineer Caches (pronounced wrong, but whatever).  I even liked the Sheev.

I didn't like the grinding aspect.  I was less than impressed with the Mod Pack even though obviously all of the weapons and such were geared towards slicing and cutting. But the worst part is as always (you guessed it): the players.  Like Invasions and Infestations, I find myself frustrated and cursing at the moron(s) that is(are) just gunning through as fast as possible because a) it might get me caught on the other side of the portal and killed and b) I'd like to search for the Caches. Likewise, perhaps I have an Affinity I haven't finished yet that I'd like to for some extra XP. Yet by the time I've communicated that through chat (sorry, I don't use voice on these things) it's too late.  So much for team cooperation.  I appreciate the revives (if they happen) thank you, but if there were more reason to SLOW DOWN on these things and others like them, I'd really appreciate it.  I hate the hurryhurryhurry run 'n gun bit all the time.  Some missions, it's appropriate.  Others - space ninja, you know? Stealth?  LIke shadows?  Silent death?  Like they were never there?  It is really hard to complete a Stealth Kill Affinity when everyone else is busily hack 'n slashing like grinding Operations/Invasions/Infestations seem to attract in players.  Yay, you've completed it all fast and got everything! Now if your Clan isn't really going for a score, is there any reason for you to go back for some of those juicy Grineer Caches when you are Hypernerfed?  I think not.

i am all for effort equals reward. perhaps there is a lot to be learned from our differing viewpoints.

maybe it would be best for de to leave events going perma.ently as quests so players could achieve them at their own pace, some grind can be introduced, and there wouldnt be exclusive event weapons to complain about. just other weaps earnable in game. 

i dunno i feel like we need some mr 12+ weapons then that are op plz nerf  if we are all content with mid tier weapns as rewards. 

*sips hi-c*

I enjoyed the event and the cache searching element. Didn't feel much like a grind to me, took me 3 hours in one sitting to clear it all with a number of distractions. What I didn't enjoy is the players who only want to run passed everything as they always do. So few players stop to enjoy the game and shoot the crap out of things. Is everyone a veteran and just doesn't care about loot, exp and the fun of blowing crap up >_<.