Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mono-Tenno Theory Confirmed.

Tesseract_The_Pariah

Ooh. 

Well, there goes that debate. A shame, there were some fun threads about it. 

So, the next question: what is a tenno, then? A ghost? Are tenno gender-neutral/gender-fluid? A brain in a suit? 

THESE are the questions worth asking.

i haven't been able to start it yet cause my archwing is being built still. but that one word, miscalculation. i want to know what happened to limbo

Math happened.

Edited by Gaminus

I'm pretty sure the Warframe is a suit thing was already confirmed. 

I agree with the Warframe giving the powers part. I believe the Tenno's void exposure gave them a "spark" or "void energy" (for lack of a better term) to actually use the Warframe. 

I'm pretty sure the Warframe is a suit thing was already confirmed. 

I agree with the Warframe giving the powers part. I believe the Tenno's void exposure gave them a "spark" or "void energy" (for lack of a better term) to actually use the Warframe. 

i think that the frames are essentially cars and the exposure to the void are the keys that allow tenno to drive said cars

That is dumb ._.  

I personally do not feel that that instantly and automatically confirms everything that the Mono-Tenno theory argues for.

And it raises more questions than answers, because if Tenno were able to use any warframe, why is there any differentiation in them at all ? Why are they different genders, why do they have different powers, why not just have a gender neutral X-cal that can use all the powers instead of having this wide array of differentiation and gender issues that the Mono-Tenno theory does not have an answer for because the Tenno at least to our knowledge and through everything that's been implied are SUPPOSE to be human

As far as I'm concerned making them some sort of ghost, shape-shifter thing now would be a bloody retcon

Ooh. 

Well, there goes that debate. A shame, there were some fun threads about it. 

So, the next question: what is a tenno, then? A ghost? Are tenno gender-neutral/gender-fluid? A brain in a suit? 

Pff, because proof is going to stop people from arguing.

Nothing is confirmed until the developers say so.

You're merely interpreting and speculating.

EDIT: As for the Tenno, they have been confirmed to be human ages ago in a dev stream. The exact quote by Steve was "They are, or at least were, human..."

This to me indicates that they were regular humans who through Void exposure/experimentation now are something... beyond human.

Edited by Brimir

That is dumb ._.  

I personally do not feel that that instantly and automatically confirms everything that the Mono-Tenno theory argues for.

And it raises more questions than answers, because if Tenno were able to use any warframe, why is there any differentiation in them at all ? Why are they different genders, why do they have different powers, why not just have a gender neutral X-cal that can use all the powers instead of having this wide array of differentiation and gender issues that the Mono-Tenno theory does not have an answer for because the Tenno at least to our knowledge and through everything that's been implied are SUPPOSE to be human

As far as I'm concerned making them some sort of ghost, shape-shifter thing now would be a bloody retcon

im pretty sure that there are different frames because they once belonged to other tenno. we are simply using them

This isn't proof of anything, the game has always refered to the user itself rather than the characters.

That is in fact spread across online games with multiple characters and does not mean jack to the actual lore.

Also the warframes are suits, we've always known that. Also, like others have said recently we have been hinted that it is the warframe that shapes the powers, not the Tenno inside.

Edited by RahuStalker

"We've been wrong all this time. Tenno do not control the Warframe's divine energy. The Tenno ARE that energy. Each Warframe you control is merely a glass shaping your furious light." - Captain Vor

That doesn't mean the tenno are actually energy, just like how the warframes aren't actually glass.

To be fair, it wouldn't. 

All the lore we have would make sense whether it's one tenno per frame, or one tenno per account. No retcons would be required for either of those.

That doesn't mean the tenno are actually energy, just like how the warframes aren't actually glass.

Exactly.

Vor's words are up to interpretation and one thing you have to keep in mind is that neither the Grineer nor Corpus know how the Warframes work at this point in the lore; whatever they say is purely speculation on their part. Plus, Vor is rather unhinged (as are all Grineer).

Vor says something about tenno being energy focused by warframes in the starter quest

i haven't been able to start it yet cause my archwing is being built still. but that one word, miscalculation. i want to know what happened to limbo

my guess is he rift-walked into a rock and it didn't go too well

Vor says something about tenno being energy focused by warframes in the starter quest

my guess is he rift-walked into a rock and it didn't go too well

I assume he was in a battle his suit was damaged so the suit was not able to do the math properly to rift walk so he did it manually and well got it wrong

To be fair, it wouldn't. 

All the lore we have would make sense whether it's one tenno per frame, or one tenno per account. No retcons would be required for either of those.

One Tenno per frame. I agree with this. One Tenno per account. No I don't agree with this. I think the key to that is Valkyr. I think there is a special relationship between a Tenno and their warframe. Which is why there can be multiple Valkyr. However I don't feel when I Tenno enters her frame that they can tear themselves out of the anger and hatred and use a different frame. I don't think that's how that works. I think a Tenno is bound to one Frame. Hence. Poly-Tenno theory. Although this is a weird example I like to think of the Tenno as Stem Cells, raw void energy that can be differentiated into any power based on the Frame, but when they differentiate I don't feel that they can change.

In a contination to my previous post, games that allow a player to have multiple characters at once often refer to the playe as a single one by NPCs.

However what I feel is going on here is that DE is doing that as well, yet unlike in those games the lore here is so lacking (even if it keeps developing) and people will literally take every single little thing as confirmed cannon, even if it's not meant to be.