Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rejoin Session After Dc

ABC12345678cx

It's not that big of a deal since it happens pretty rarely, but it's still really annoying if you're pretty deep into a defense or survival. When you DC after the objective is already complete I think you should be able to rejoin the game. Whether it be just through invite or like "active missions that you've left" UI, whatever. 

I think the idea is more when it comes to accidental dc situations, which can be very frustrating (particularly when you <ve worked hard and have lost all your progress...). I would support the option in such instances, but I don't think you should be able to leave, claim rewards and come back again for more after switching your frame... would just lead to too many potential exploits.

I have, the worst (But sadly also cheapest) ISP available, and I'll be honest I dont play as much as I would like and frequently don't explore as much as I would like because of exactly this. Not so long ago? On a mission with my clan we found a rare orokin cache with a forma and not 30s later I lost connection. 

No Cache for me. More, no chance to play with my clan mates till they finished a rather long match.

Please, for all that is tenno let us rejoin a dropped session! it would gladden a heart made weary by the arbitrary losses of anything I've gained and the long wait to rejoin.

After about the third attempt to play which leads to my being unable to join a team or randomly dropped from one, I just can't be bothered and its a shame because I love Warframe.  

Okay, coming back to this topic for a brief update! After I discussed more with dev what we'd like to have (based on communal experiences) the following experiment/prototype will be coming (likely in the next update):

So, you're a client that got disconnected?

1) You will return to your Liset (as usual), but upon standing from Navigation you will be prompted to reconnect to the host (provided their session is still active). This prompt will allow you to return to the session no matter where they are (objective completed, etc).

So, you're a client that crashed?

1) On reopening of the client, the same as above will occur: you will be prompted to reconnect to the host (provided their session is still active). This prompt will allow you to return to the session no matter where they are (objective completed, etc).

Worst case scenario, you'll fail to connect (we will work on edge cases, but if the host is gone there's no way to reconnect)

Best case you're back with the host and continuing on in the mission!

At this time, when disconnects occur loot is still forfeit but we're working on the basic functionality to get you back in those long sessions first!

Okay, coming back to this topic for a brief update! After I discussed more with dev what we'd like to have (based on communal experiences) the following experiment/prototype will be coming (likely in the next update):

1) You will return to your Liset (as usual), but upon standing from Navigation you will be prompted to reconnect to the host (provided their session is still active). This prompt will allow you to return to the session no matter where they are (objective completed, etc).

1) On reopening of the client, the same as above will occur: you will be prompted to reconnect to the host (provided their session is still active). This prompt will allow you to return to the session no matter where they are (objective completed, etc).

Worst case scenario, you'll fail to connect (we will work on edge cases, but if the host is gone there's no way to reconnect)

At this time, when disconnects occur loot is still forfeit but we're working on the basic functionality to get you back in those long sessions first!

This is tremendous news--I hadn't even considered the OP's idea until I saw this topic pop up.  This would really help people with spotty connections as well as the teams that they're on :)  Thanks for pushing it along!

Awesome ! Very much looking forward to this one.

Would be nice to be reconnected to your rewards in case the crash occurred "deep into a defense or survival".

Can the information be temporarily saved by the host ?

Thank You.

Edited by Xenocide420

All of my yes goes to this.

Amazing news Rebecca! I don't care if you lose the loot till that point, but helping the team out to the end is what matters the most. Thinking about long T4S for example or just generally getting DC'd after the first 15 minutes or so.

I'm really looking forward to this update :D