Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Math

Llyssa

So, if you're on the Alad quest, you've seen you need 3 alad navs to build an alad key.

Some quick math, if navs only drop from invasions....

You need 3 missions to get 1 invasion reward...

3 invasion rewards to build 1 key....

and 3 successful key uses(and a ton of luck) to get the 3 parts to building mesa...

Which means you're looking at, a minimum, of 30 missions, to get this frame.((3x3+1)x3).

If you're not lucky, and it takes 10 to 20 alad runs(which is closer to normal), you'd need ((3x3+1)x20)... or 200 missions.

To get 1 frame.

If the key is reusable, then you'll only need ~29.

If it's not, getting mesa is almost as laborious as clearing the entire map.

Not entirely sure this was thought out properly....

How is this a bad idea? There are plenty of Warframes to easily obtain through minimal effort. You don't need to get Mesa. Nobody is forcing you to get her.

Collectors, completionists, and people who straight up want Mesa will have a good argument.

Edited by R34LM

How is this a bad idea? There are plenty of Warframes to easily obtain through minimal effort. You don't need to get Mesa. Nobody is forcing you to get her.

She is, mathematically, the single most-difficult frame to get in the entire game. By miles.

Harder to acquire than any other obtainable frame.Harder than any regular frame, harder than any special frame, harder than any prime....

And, quite frankly, harder than most(or all!) of the other frames combined.

For as much effort as that is, she should be some serious god tier power player. That is not the interpretation I've gotten so far.

BUT if you count 4 players , 10 runs for 1 part , and lets say you get the 3rd on the 12th run, it means you only need to contribute your key for 3, so basicly 3x9 (the 3 key) + 12 (aladv) = 39 runs so not that bad (if you want solo it, well it's your problem then)

(for 20 parts, 5 key, 45 + 20 = 65 mission, not 200 like you counted for solo)

BUT if you count 4 players , 10 runs for 1 part , and lets say you get the 3rd on the 12th run, it means you only need to contribute your key for 3, so basicly 3x9 (the 3 key) + 12 (aladv) = 39 runs so not that bad (if you want solo it, well it's your problem then)

Even that way, she's still harder to get than most primes.

This is true, but considering the fact that you have to do 3 separate infestation missions, and the keys take an hour to build, it would be pretty hard to get together a group that all had keys at the same time. I know I will be going and offering to host my keys to my clan/alliance though, in hopes that they will do the same so we can all get the frame as fast as possible.

Still have to consider the solo crowd.

Does it have to be every new frame and does it have to get progressively worse?  Hydroid was a pain, Mirage was a serious grind and time sink, and Limbo is far from an ideal farm.  Now we have Mesa, who is a time sink farm on top of being entirely RNG based, down to being in your home at the right time for the mission type required to get the material to make the key.

It is a bad idea.  Not every new frame needs to require a lot of effort.  Even if they all did, the effort and luck Mesa requires is nonsense.

Even that way, she's still harder to get than most primes.

shhhhhh don't let them know....

I would suggest making it so the key only requires 1 nav point. I think that will be fair seeing on how hard it is to get her. 

Actually a good change for ALL the keys should be to make them way more common but require every player to have one, you know, that taste when you find a keyshare pug and the promoter leech your key off and leave after the 1st run?

Ofc one should also possibly gift a key to a friend.

Edited by perfectStranger