Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Aiming / Velocitus Useless?

Domaik

I'm not sure if there are alread posts about it or not, I haven't checked and for that i'm sorry, I know I should have checked whether this has been discussed or not before.

Anyways the problem in archwing missions, as much as I love them, is not only the extreme unbalanced stuff/weapons/mods and etc but the aiming system

Now I don't care the first I can always deal with that in game and i never get mad, since this game can rely on my skill to play dealing low damage can be overcome with playing better and properly

but here is where the second thing and main topic of my post. Archwing Aiming system.

I really do hope this one reaches DE and they have a look at it.

The aiming system is wrong with Archwing. you can see it just by using any arcwhing weapon specially the Veloctitus which is practically USELESS because of that. I can't seriously land a single hit with it unless i'm infront of the enemy. literally in front of them. and sometimes not even that.

Even worse you can get the velocitus and shoot and you will see the actuall bullet/pellet or w.e coming out of your body instead of the gun and fly in a completely different direction from where you are aiming. it's off by a lot.

you can notice it too with imperator, the aiming system in arcwhing is broken.

please do not get me wrong, I love arcwhing and I want to keep playing it and see it get better! but this is something that since day 0 of arcwhing has been killing me and specially with velocitus and the new dual weapons (can't remember the name)....so please DE have a look and do something!

more info: I play on PC, i can provide screenshots and footage later

thank you for your time!

Edited by Domaik

Imperator is hitscan, the bullets that you see are purely aesthetic and the weapon has perfect accuracy, you can snipe things miles away, which is really hard to do with the Velocitus.

Velocitus is extremely bugged. On Corpus sabotage, I can't even hit the cores unless I'm INSIDE them, yes, you can get inside them, and sometimes (most of the time for me) that's the only way to damage them when using the Velocitus.

on certain mobs you have to be aiming in weird places in order to hit them as well....

honestly velocitus is a strong weap....but right now it sucks so much and is just terrible

i dont understand why this weapon has gone through so many hotfixes and yet nothing has been done.....they need to stop adding more archwing weapons and start fixing the archwing missions and current weapons.

on certain mobs you have to be aiming in weird places in order to hit them as well....

honestly velocitus is a strong weap....but right now it sucks so much and is just terrible

i dont understand why this weapon has gone through so many hotfixes and yet nothing has been done.....they need to stop adding more archwing weapons and start fixing the archwing missions and current weapons.

I agree...I wanted to mention the pick up in archwing battles but it didn't fit the theme of the post...but seriously players in my clan can barely level their archwing because they can't use it to kill enemies. why? because they don't have energy, they can't pick it up so they can't use archwign skills resulting in low level archwings...I had to use so many energy restores to go thru archwing missions and max out my odonata and elytron...

Anyways I haven't tried the aiming on the newest archwing weapon but i've heard it's very bugged too....I'd like DE to fix it at least we can play and get shots in the enemies so we can do stuff while they decide how to balance and fix the rest of stuff...

It's sad, really. All the recent hotfixes had the word "Velocitus" in it, I saw it and was excited, could it be possibly a change and/or hitbox fix? Nope, just tweaked visuals NO ONE cared about. They fix and tweak so much unneeded stuff that the actual needed changes are just outright ignored. (Seriously, this gun is out for over a month and is still bugged...)

This might sound weird, but why not just switch to pure melee then until the aiming stuff is fixed? The melee part is actually done more entertaining than the ranged part...

Mastery points for those weapons and variety? D:

but you're right melee is the only way to complete most of the archwing battles nowadays...

I can hit Dargyns just fine with Velocitus, but for whatever reason, my bullets go right through Dregs. I thought it was lag at first, or my own mistakes, but it's accuracy is definitely dependent on the enemy. Why it would have such trouble hitting Dregs really should be looked into.

I should have chosen a weekday to make this thread not weekend...DE is probably not going to see this during the weekend...I'll have to bump it up on monday I guess....

Seriously ask any player that has played archwing...the aiming is off.

Anyways the problem in archwing missions, as much as I love them, is not only the extreme unbalanced stuff/weapons/mods and etc but the aiming system

Now I don't care the first I can always deal with that in game and i never get mad, since this game can rely on my skill to play dealing low damage can be overcome with playing better and properly

you should care about the first bit of the problems because even if you can kill an enemy by using skill and proper playing, whatever that means, you will end up having to shoot one enemy in a group of enemies for a very very very long time to kill it becuase its armor is so unbalanced all the while ull be constantly dodging op weapon fire. 

on topic however it does seem very hard to hit anything even with the imperrator which is said to be hitscan it still seems really hard to hit distant enemies. also it seems like most enemies i fire at tend to take a ton of damage until they die. it causes problems when swarmed by a large group of enemies that will just take shot after shot after shot and then kill you in only a couple of hits.