Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Wants Love ( Spread The Love To All)

(PSN)Mofojokers

To raise awareness of our dear frost and to help him get some love from de. We ask you simply end every post with #Frostneedslove.

Nice to see all the twitters and forum posts with the hash tag keep it up boys and girls. :)

We also need to see frost prime get a buff as it stands he is no better than normal frost.

Show the love

Here are some pictures to remind you who we are fighting for. :)

aHfWnUf.jpg

I1JABl8.jpg

3eHwmwG.jpg

7q7ZmzG.jpg

AxdoKib.jpg

kU5RvMG.jpg

This is what frost prime should look like

1QEoqV7.jpg

#Frostneedslove

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers

You, I like you! FROST NEEDS SOME LOVE DE!

#FrostNeedsLove!

His problem is that he's a frame (like a few others) where he's only viewed for his one ability. Not because it's an ability that is game-breaking or obscene, but because it's the only ability in his kit that sets him apart from other frames and is actually usable as a reliable item. The remainder of his kit has its kinks and quirks. His entire kit needs to be buffed, but Snow Globe itself is fine as it is.

Only things I'd suggest for it is adding in a visual indicator that the globe is being broken (i.e. cracks) and something on the UI to show how much health a globe has left. It could be something where, if a player is aiming at a snow globe, the health appears above the globe. Once the player moves their cursor away, the HP bar disappears. That way players can visually see the state of a globe, and also see the numbers behind how strong the globe is at that moment.

To clarify for his other abilities, when I say buff, it doesn't all mean damage numbers. Sure, Avalanche could use some damage buffs, but a bigger issue is the quick falloff his abilities have in not just damage, but scale ability. For a frame that has to deal with Ice and Area Denial/Lockdown, these traits are only apparently obvious in Snow Globe. To help with synergy between his kit, having Freeze actually freeze all targets within the affected area would greatly help with its scale ability, and making it travel faster as well.

Ice Wave is only now scale able with the augment, an augment should not make an ability scale able. It should be so by its own accord. To ensure that Ice Wave can scale into later content, giving it innate knock back could really help it along. It turns the ability into a damage/Cold proc weapon, but also acts as a defensive measure if a player is too far to cast a Snow Globe. Launching an Ice Wave towards a defensive objective that's out of range, with the upgrade of Knock Back applied, allows the Frost to push enemies away from the defensive objective, thus synergizing with his kit very well.

Avalanche...oh gosh where do I start? It had the same problems as Mag's Crush had (or still does, since Scott hasn't implemented the upgrades yet). It's a non-scaling nuke that doesn't have much use past midway in the Star Map. Giving it a few more damage numbers is nice, but what could really help with the powers scale ability is having it be an ability that acts as an area lockdown skill. To clarify, make it where casting Avalanche causes the area (and enemies) around Frost to become frozen for a duration, and thus players can kill enemy units while they're frozen, get some respite as the Frost casts a Snow Globe, or whatever else players need.

Another avenue to help with Avalanche's scale ability is ensuring it applies a cold proc onto enemies that survive the cast.

Edited by AlphaHorseman

The Cc capability of frost is actually pretty badass. Mod+ range, =duration, +efficiency, -strength, only making use of the cc effect and you do amazing. The ice wave augument slows real good, combine it with snow globe and your enemys are basicly frozen in time.

What better defense is there then simply stopping your enemys completely.

But i agree #Frost needs love

If not by changing the abilitys then by embracing incoming allied bullets. They are free to go out but never to return :_(

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

#whatislove

Power #1) Needs much faster projectiles

Power #2) The augment is a patch which should be part of the base skill. Ground slowness should be added to the base power.

Change augment do I) Cold damage to the enemies which step in the cold patch in the ground; II) the ground coldness spreads in a 3m spike in the direction the enemy came from. creeping cold ground trees augment!

Power #3) Is perfect since the latest buff.

Power #4) Should freeze enemies in place like it used to do before. 

Frost could do well to get an armor buff to 250 or even 300 as well. 

#frostneedslove

#whatislove

Power #1) Needs much faster projectiles

Power #2) The augment is a patch which should be part of the base skill. Ground slowness should be added to the base power.

Change augment do I) Cold damage to the enemies which step in the cold patch in the ground; II) the ground coldness spreads in a 3m spike in the direction the enemy came from. creeping cold ground trees augment!

Power #3) Is perfect since the latest buff.

Power #4) Should freeze enemies in place like it used to do before.

Frost could do well to get an armor buff to 250 or even 300 as well.

#frostneedslove

Love your post especially on power 2. His prime needs a right boost as well dont like that its just a cosmetic thing compared to others. :(

#Frostneedslove

You, I like you! FROST NEEDS SOME LOVE DE!

#FrostNeedsLove!

Only things I'd suggest for it is adding in a visual indicator that the globe is being broken (i.e. cracks) and something on the UI to show how much health a globe has left. It could be something where, if a player is aiming at a snow globe, the health appears above the globe. Once the player moves their cursor away, the HP bar disappears. That way players can visually see the state of a globe, and also see the numbers behind how strong the globe is at that moment.

I have suggested in other threads my revamped snow globe idea, and I will state it again. His snow globe should have its timer removed while FROST stands inside the globe. If he leaves the globe he has 60 (or whatever amount) to return to the globe before it dissipates.

This idea might be a bit more radical, while FROST stands within his globe he slowly repairs it by being within it. Though this would enable AFKing a little more, you could need to hold the snowglobe cast key within the globe to heal it for a small amount of energy. But please, do not take away FROST’s ability to make multiple snow globes. It would be really unfortunate for FROST to not to be able to leave the bubble to drop one on a fallen Tenno.

#Frostneedslove

Edited by Dr.Schanbel

I have suggested in other threads my revamped snow globe idea, and I will state it again. His snow globe should have its timer removed while FROST stands inside the globe. If he leaves the globe he has 60 (or whatever amount) to return to the globe before it dissipates.

This idea might be a bit more radical, while FROST stands within his globe he slowly repairs it by being within it. Though this would enable AFKing a little more, you could need to hold the snowglobe cast key within the globe to heal it for a small amount of energy. But please, do not take away FROST’s ability to make multiple snow globes. It would be really unfortunate for FROST to not to be able to leave the bubble to drop one on a fallen Tenno.

While I know this comes from a good place, it sounds painful having to keep a key pressed to heal the globe. 

#Frostneedslove

This thread makes me all mushy on the inside for some odd reason.

Been using Frost Prime since I got back in 2013 for everything. I manage, but his abilities really do need a tweaking.

There's a thread for that, though.

You can tell you have a place in your heart for our friend frosty. Also does the same for me. :)

#frostneedslove

This thread makes me all mushy on the inside for some odd reason. 

Been using Frost Prime since I got back in 2013 for everything. I manage, but his abilities really do need a tweaking.

There's a thread for that, though.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/372905-frost-the-neglected-frame/

Lets concentrate our efforts

#frostneedslove

I think this thread is more about the hash tag and trying to promote that thread as well. :)

Ily frost

#Frostneedslove

Ok then.

We also need to see frost prime get a buff as it stands he is no better than normal frost.

Show the love

#Frostneedslove

Frost + 1 D-forma = Frost Prime. There's literally not diff between them if you use the immortal skin. :(

#Frostneedslove

Ok then.

Frost + 1 D-forma = Frost Prime. There's literally not diff between them if you use the immortal skin. :(

#Frostneedslove

Yeah i know:( something i should of looked up before building. I just figured a prime is meant to be the best version of it. I guess they mastered rebuilding frosts armor..... lol