Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synthesis Imprint Findings: Anti-Moa

Zarozian

The early days of the Corpus must of sucked hard until they finished their robots and had the robot's help. o 3o

I've got the transcription here if you want:

“How long are you going tinker with that thing?” Father asks.
He’s one to talk. Ever since we entered this junk belt, all he’s done is tap on that console.  This whole time he’s just sat there, eyes fixed on the radar, dirty fingers tapping the drum beat to some manic song with no structure or rhythm.
I ignore him and try to go back to work on the robot.  Father’s tap-tap gets faster and more intense.  Is he trying to get to me? I can’t concentrate.
“Tell me again why we don’t just approach at full speed from open space? “Couldn’t we just slam into the rail and punch,” I ask.
“Because that’s what we used to do,” he’s annoyed but at this point I don’t care.  Our convoy of transports has skulked through this junk belt for days, the viewscreen an endless parade of rocks and garbage.
“We could have been through that rail a long time ago,” I say.
“Maybe,” he shrugs.
“And why can’t I ride in Umpal’s ship?”
“This again?” he snaps back, “you know why.”
Umpal is my best and only friend, there weren’t many young people in our group and Umpal is the only one close to my age. Truth be told, he was the only person my age I’d ever met. He was on another transport, they said it was for security reasons. 
We are on a trade mission, my first time outside our node.  These trips were dangerous but Father said it was essential I learn the business.  The whole convoy is loaded down with items we have scraped together through months of local trade.  It was mostly salvage, with some Ferrite spread between the different transports.  Rumor was that Umpal’s transport might even have some rubedo in the hold.  We are heading to another survivor colony a few nodes away.  They had other rare resources but more importantly, they were close enough to the sun to grow food and that was what this mission was really about.
Before we left Umpal and I drew wires to see which one of us got to bring the robot we were building, I won.  It was bits and pieces of scavenged Orokin tech slammed together but it was a robot and it could walk, Father didn’t think much of it but I was proud.  I hoped to trade it for some rare parts when we hit the colony, enough to build a bigger second walker.  Maybe even one that could carry a full size canon.
“Does this look anything like you remember from the Orokin days?” I ask in a futile attempt to break the tension.
“That thing, yeah, we had ones that walked on two legs like that, but…” his finger stops its tapping and he takes a long look at the robot before continuing, “but.. they were different.”
“Don’t you miss it?” I ask.
“What?” he says.
“You know, the empire?”
“I don’t think about it,” he’s back to tapping on the nav console.
"What about your corpus, don't you miss them? Your father?" I say.
“Orokin didn’t have parents like you do, it was done differently then.” He takes a deep breath and turns to look at me. “Listen, the corpus who raised me are dead, do you know why they are dead?”
“Because of the plague?” I say.
“Because they couldn’t forget the past.  I survived by worrying about two things, today and tomorrow.  That is the only reason I’m alive.  That is the only reason you exist. You want to remember something, remember that.”
“Yeah, okay. “ I shrug. He’s given this speech before, I had learned the hard way not to push things when he got like this. I go back to working on the robot.
After a few minutes of silence I hear him exhale,” “look, we’re almost at the rail. After the punch you can go over to Umpal’s transport, okay.”
I nod and smile, “Okay.”
The next few hours go by quickly.
As we get closer to the rail, the density of obstacles in the belt increases. The ships nav mosule calls out course correction after course correction as we dodge debris.  I watch the other transports in our convoy do the same.  Our progress is slowed to a crawl but Father swears avoiding detection is worth it.
I am trying to splice a connection deep in the robot’s chest cavity when the alarms sound. The radar screen lights up. I look up to see one of the other transports veer off course, seconds later something crashes into their hull.  There’s a blue flash of electricity and their ship goes dark.  Then two more crashes and two more flashes, these are Interceptor Pods, a Grineer trap.
My father jumps up and begins yelling instructions to our nave system.  “Full power, take us up and out of the belt.”
“That’s Umpal’s ship they’re boarding…”
His face collapses into a frown, “It is.”
“They’ll kill him. We have to do something. “ I plead.
“We keep going. They can’t take us all.” I barely hear him through his clenched teeth.
“Umpal is corpus to us, we can’t abandon him.” I shout.
“We have to, that’s how we survive.” His voice grows louder.
“What if it was us? Wouldn’t you want them to…”
His fist slams the nav console and as he whips around to glare at, “What are you going to do? Fight those Grineer off with your Moa?"
I look down at the robot, a mess of parts and wires that can barely walk, let alone shoot.  Neither of us say another word.  Out of the viewscreen I watch as Umpal’s crippled ship, now swarmed by Grineer, shrink into blackness.

Edited by Gelkor

This clearly indicates that "Orokin" refers to the people. They didn't have sexual relations in order to reproduce, so they don't really have parents. It's probably kinda like Krypton in Man of Steel. "Corpus" is a term that's used for family I guess. The speaker considers Umpal to be "corpus" to him, as if they are all part of the same body. It's probably actually a sort of guild-type thing. There are different bodies. Again, probably based on Man of Steel, which had a similar type of society for their Kryptonians (different classes of people). The speaker and his father were a part of one "corpus". Someone else was a part of another corpus. The Grineer started attacking civilians soon after the fall of the empire. The heritage that the Corpus have from the Orokin is that they themselves were Orokin civilians, a part of a merchant "corpus" or guild. The father is saying that he was Orokin (a term refering to the empire) and that he was raised by a corpus because that's how Orokin society was: "Orokin didn't have parents like you do. It was done differently back then. Listen, the corpus who raised me are dead."

Here, he's clearly saying that he was Orokin, therefore he didn't have parents like his son (I assume) does. But the corpus that raised him are all dead because they didn't adapt to the times (they probably got killed by Grineer).

He asks his father if he misses the empire. His father is a realist, basically saying that it doesn't matter, because things are different, therefore he had to adapt, which includes only thinking about the present and the future. This entry takes place soon after the fall of the Orokin empire, but before the Corpus have emerged. Right now, the people who will become the Corpus are just tradesmen trying to survive Grineer raids. The empire fell just before his son was born, and the father adapted (probably includes natural procreation), while the rest of his corpus did not.

Pretty much what I got from the entry.

This clearly indicates that "Orokin" refers to the people. They didn't have sexual relations in order to reproduce, so they don't really have parents. It's probably kinda like Krypton in Man of Steel. "Corpus" is a term that's used for family I guess. The speaker considers Umpal to be "corpus" to him, as if they are all part of the same body. It's probably actually a sort of guild-type thing. There are different bodies. Again, probably based on Man of Steel, which had a similar type of society for their Kryptonians (different classes of people). The speaker and his father were a part of one "corpus". Someone else was a part of another corpus. The Grineer started attacking civilians soon after the fall of the empire. The heritage that the Corpus have from the Orokin is that they themselves were Orokin civilians, a part of a merchant "corpus" or guild. The father is saying that he was Orokin (a term refering to the empire) and that he was raised by a corpus because that's how Orokin society was: "Orokin didn't have parents like you do. It was done differently back then. Listen, the corpus who raised me are dead."

Here, he's clearly saying that he was Orokin, therefore he didn't have parents like his son (I assume) does. But the corpus that raised him are all dead because they didn't adapt to the times (they probably got killed by Grineer).

He asks his father if he misses the empire. His father is a realist, basically saying that it doesn't matter, because things are different, therefore he had to adapt, which includes only thinking about the present and the future. This entry takes place soon after the fall of the Orokin empire, but before the Corpus have emerged. Right now, the people who will become the Corpus are just tradesmen trying to survive Grineer raids. The empire fell just before his son was born, and the father adapted (probably includes natural procreation), while the rest of his corpus did not.

Pretty much what I got from the entry.

Which means the Corpus are a body made up of families? o -o

Which also makes them the galaxies biggest employers? o -o

So, essentially, this kid invents or builds a Moa, proposes it to be used as a weapons platform to better fight off the Grineer, who are preying upon the system due to the death of their masters. The Moa get's noticed, properly upgraded, get's reasonable production, and then the early Corpus begin selling them to people in need of security against the Grineer, eventually jump-starting their weapons manufacturing and growing to be the system's biggest arms dealers, eventually going on to selling both sides, survivors and Grineer, weapons.

Take Marcus from Borderlands, make an entire faction based on him, you get the Corpus apparently.

Edited by Krion112

I've got the transcription here if you want:

“How long are you going tinker with that thing?” Father asks.
He’s one to talk. Ever since we entered this junk belt, all he’s done is tap on that console.  This whole time he’s just sat there, eyes fixed on the radar, dirty fingers tapping the drum beat to some manic song with no structure or rhythm.
I ignore him and try to go back to work on the robot.  Father’s tap-tap gets faster and more intense.  Is he trying to get to me? I can’t concentrate.
“Tell me again why we don’t just approach at full speed from open space? “Couldn’t we just slam into the rail and punch,” I ask.
“Because that’s what we used to do,” he’s annoyed but at this point I don’t care.  Our convoy of transports has skulked through this junk belt for days, the viewscreen an endless parade of rocks and garbage.
“We could have been through that rail a long time ago,” I say.
“Maybe,” he shrugs.
“And why can’t I ride in Umpal’s ship?”
“This again?” he snaps back, “you know why.”
Umpal is my best and only friend, there weren’t many young people in our group and Umpal is the only one close to my age. Truth be told, he was the only person my age I’d ever met. He was on another transport, they said it was for security reasons. 
We are on a trade mission, my first time outside our node.  These trips were dangerous but Father said it was essential I learn the business.  The whole convoy is loaded down with items we have scraped together through months of local trade.  It was mostly salvage, with some Ferrite spread between the different transports.  Rumor was that Umpal’s transport might even have some rubedo in the hold.  We are heading to another survivor colony a few nodes away.  They had other rare resources but more importantly, they were close enough to the sun to grow food and that was what this mission was really about.
Before we left Umpal and I drew wires to see which one of us got to bring the robot we were building, I won.  It was bits and pieces of scavenged Orokin tech slammed together but it was a robot and it could walk, Father didn’t think much of it but I was proud.  I hoped to trade it for some rare parts when we hit the colony, enough to build a bigger second walker.  Maybe even one that could carry a full size canon.
“Does this look anything like you remember from the Orokin days?” I ask in a futile attempt to break the tension.
“That thing, yeah, we had ones that walked on two legs like that, but…” his finger stops its tapping and he takes a long look at the robot before continuing, “but.. they were different.”
“Don’t you miss it?” I ask.
“What?” he says.
“You know, the empire?”
“I don’t think about it,” he’s back to tapping on the nav console.
“Orokin didn’t have parents like you do, it was done differently then.” He takes a deep breath and turns to look at me. “Listen, the corpus who raised me are dead, do you know why they are dead?”
“Because of the plague?” I say.
“Because they couldn’t forget the past.  I survived by worrying about two things, today and tomorrow.  That is the only reason I’m alive.  That is the only reason you exist. You want to remember something, remember that.”
“Yeah, okay. “ I shrug. He’s given this speech before, I had learned the hard way not to push things when he got like this. I go back to working on the robot.
After a few minutes of silence I hear him exhale,” “look, we’re almost at the rail. After the punch you can go over to Umpal’s transport, okay.”
I nod and smile, “Okay.”
The next few hours go by quickly.
As we get closer to the rail, the density of obstacles in the belt increases. The ships nav mosule calls out course correction after course correction as we dodge debris.  I watch the other transports in our convoy do the same.  Our progress is slowed to a crawl but Father swears avoiding detection is worth it.
I am trying to splice a connection deep in the robot’s chest cavity when the alarms sound. The radar screen lights up. I look up to see one of the other transports veer off course, seconds later something crashes into their hull.  There’s a blue flash of electricity and their ship goes dark.  Then two more crashes and two more flashes, these are Interceptor Pods, a Grineer trap.
My father jumps up and begins yelling instructions to our nave system.  “Full power, take us up and out of the belt.”
“That’s Umpal’s ship they’re boarding…”
His face collapses into a frown, “It is.”
“They’ll kill him. We have to do something. “ I plead.
“We keep going. They can’t take us all.” I barely hear him through his clenched teeth.
“Umpal is corpus to us, we can’t abandon him.” I shout.
“We have to, that’s how we survive.” His voice grows louder.
“What if it was us? Wouldn’t you want them to…”
His fist slams the nav console and as he whips around to glare at, “What are you going to do? Fight those Grineer off with your Moa?
I look down at the robot, a mess of parts and wires that can barely walk, let alone shoot.  Neither of us say another word.  Out of the viewscreen I watch as Umpal’s crippled ship, now swarmed by Grineer, shrink into blackness.

Thanks~

Just bump this thread until sunrise.

I'm going to bed.

I'll read what you guys and Merco come up with later.

So, essentially, this kid invents the Moa, proposes it to be used as a weapons platform to better fight off the Grineer, who are preying upon the system due to the death of their masters. The Moa get's noticed, properly upgraded, get's reasonable production, and then the early Corpus begin selling them to people in need of security against the Grineer, eventually jump-starting their weapons manufacturing and growing to be the system's biggest arms dealers, eventually going on to selling both sides, survivors and Grineer, with weapons.

Take Marcus from Borderlands, make an entire faction based on him, you get the Corpus apparently.

this is how i perceived this lore reveal:

So, essentially, this kid invents the Moa, proposes it to be used as a weapons platform to better fight off the Grineer, who are preying upon the system due to the death of their masters. The Moa get's noticed, properly upgraded, get's reasonable production, and then the early Corpus begin selling them to people in need of security against the Grineer, eventually jump-starting their weapons manufacturing and growing to be the system's biggest arms dealers, eventually going on to selling both sides, survivors and Grineer, with weapons.

I will call him Alad I.

I am guessing they have incredibly long life spans and they he or she and Umpal were the last that were created/born before the Orokin empire fell completely.

I will call him Alad I.

I am guessing they have incredibly long life spans and they he or she and Umpal were the last that were created/born before the Orokin empire fell completely.

phew...i feel so lucky...this lore is at the very least a net gain for my fanfic

and now my head is swarming with ideas,so i can get back to work on said fanfic

I will call him Alad I.

Actually, it seems more like their generation was the first born after the Orokin collapse, and that it was the Protagonist's father who was of the last generation born during the Orokin Era.

phew...i feel so lucky...this lore is at the very least a net gain for my fanfic

and now my head is swarming with ideas,so i can get back to work on said fanfic

Apparently the dad is a surviving Orokin.

Who had a kid.

I will call him Alad I.

The V in Alad V never referred to Roman numerals, Lotus herself very clearly speaks it as a letter and not a number. 

And we've known for a long time that Corpus have incredibly long lifespans, Darvo is 105 years old and his father Frohd Bek treats him as a teenager. And with the context of the protagonist calling the other man Father rather heavily implies that the kid was created by him, or was born through procreation.

Or who knows, maybe everyone in the Origin system is sterile and require cloning to survive

I will call him Alad I.

Considering Darvo is 105 years old, think of how old Frohd Bek would be.

Edited by Twilight053

Actually, it seems more like their generation was the first born after the Orokin collapse, and that it was the Protagonist's father who was of the last generation born during the Orokin Era.

He probably remembers the original walkers of the Orokin Robots.

AKA Sentients.

That's why he was all like "They were......different."

Which means the Corpus are a body made up of families? o -o

Which also makes them the galaxies biggest employers? o -o

Or, The Corpus is specifically one body of people, a community, certainly they have children, but their society is based on Orokin society and Orokin familial structure. They are one of the many corpora that existed in the Orokin empire. The son is probably the one to establish The Corpus, because he creates the Moa and holds on to the idea of the corpus, while the father moves away from it. So the son probably establishes The Corpus, and calls it that because it's the only Orokin-style corpus in the system at the time of its founding.

The V in Alad V never referred to Roman numerals, Lotus herself very clearly speaks it as a letter and not a number. 

And we've known for a long time that Corpus have incredibly long lifespans, Darvo is 105 years old and his father Frohd Bek treats him as a teenager. And with the context of the protagonist calling the other man Father rather heavily implies that the kid was created by him, or was born through procreation.

Or who knows, maybe everyone in the Origin system is sterile and require cloning to survive

Yes that's right. It has nothing to do with the Romans. 

No, MOAs were already a thing, seeing as how his father referred to his creation as a MOA, implying he had prior knowledge of the type of robot his son was building. He also described the type of MOAs from his days after his son asked him if his was anything like the ones he remembers from the Empire days "...yea, we had ones that walked on two legs like that.."

He probably remembers the original walkers of the Orokin Robots.

AKA Sentients.

That's why he was all like "They were......different."

Hold on there a bit, there's nothing saying that the walkers Father mentions were Sentients, not even close. It makes much more sense for the kid to construct a Moa based on the knowledge he had about the Orokin versions.

Yes that's right. It has nothing to do with the Romans. 

Thus calling the kid Alad I makes no sense at all.

No, MOAs were already a thing, seeing as how his father referred to his creation as a MOA, implying he had prior knowledge of the type of robot his son was building. He also described the type of MOAs from his days after his son asked him if his was anything like the ones he remembers from the Empire days "...yea, we had ones that walked on two legs like that.."

Dun dun dun!

Sentients!

Hold on there a bit, there's nothing saying that the walkers Father mentions were Sentients, not even close. It makes much more sense for the kid to construct a Moa based on the knowledge he had about the Orokin versions.

Nope, nothing says they were Sentients. I don't think they were Sentients at all. I think they were Orokin Moas. I'd like to see these Moas (and nobody say that they are Corrupted/Fusion Moas, because they weren't)

Then can we call him Frohd Bek? 

So what I could get out of that: Corpus were essentially Orokin citizens, but then after the fall of the Orokin (which I'd guess is the upper class) the Corpus became their own group while the Grineer tried to gain power. Also, the ship of this guy's friend was attacked because after the fall of the Orokin, the Grineer clones were probably thinking "we were a huge army of clones, we can definitely take on anyone".

Also, of course this lore is about the Anti-Moa, the Moa we were synthesizing. So... the Anti Moa was the creation of some Corpus kid sometime soon after the fall of the Orokin, made using salvaged yet likely broken Orokin "Moas". The father confirms for us that there were Moas during the time of the Orokin that functioned in a similar way, but looked quite different. (Likely even different from the Corrupted Moas we see) It's possible that the Moas of the Orokin were used as security systems or a robotic "police force", though that's just making a large assumption.

Also: The kid would have equipped full on cannons to the Anti-Moa, but he likely couldn't because of the Grineer and harsh times.