Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks For Watching Devstream #53!

[DE]Rebecca

The way Excal's new ult worked in the stream looks rather disappointing. A wave slash on each strike feels like a waste of energy. I have a suggestion: give it a function similar to glaive and bow type weapons, where holding the attack button will charge the sword, and releasing the button will launch an expanding wave. It could be made time-affected, where the longer it is held, the greater is the charge (up to a certain limit, say, 200% for holding it 3 seconds, and 80% for a quick 1 second, affected by natural talent of course). Also, each melee hit when the ult is active could build up the speed and strength of the strikes up to additional 15%*power_strength for 5 seconds, 1% per 2 strikes, with a cool down rate of 1% per second after these 5 sec.

This way it wont be boring.

Edit:

Ha, 700th post!

Edited by Bouldershoulder

Platinum Prize Winners:

9Tailsfox

chtulie

cwjl

the_terrorblade

Thanks for tuning in, everyone!

Congrats on winning plats.   Quik question.   Certain Arcane helmets such as Saryn's Chlora add stanima.   How will those stats be affected by the new parkour system?    Lol @ Steve y u not like faceplanting all coptering momentum  into walls and opening doors?   Jk keep it up excited for it.  Sharkwing seems like it can open up cool situations.  Can i jump into an Undertow in an ODA and shoot a Lephantis head with my 4 forma Velocitus?/?

The way Excal's new ult worked in the stream looks rather disappointing. A wave slash on each strike feels like a waste of energy. I have a suggestion: give it a function similar to glaive and bow type weapons, where holding the attack button will charge the sword, and releasing the button will launch an expanding wave. It could be made time-affected, where the longer it is held, the greater is the charge (up to a certain limit, say, 200% for holding it 3 seconds, and 80% for a quick 1 second, affected by natural talent of course). Also, each melee hit when the ult is active could build up the speed and strength of the strikes up to additional 15%*power_strength for 5 seconds, 1% per 2 strikes, with a cool down rate of 1% per second after these 5 sec.

This way it wont be boring.

Edit:

Ha, 700th post!

I think it looks fine. Charging would break it he already needs balancing. Slashdash while in greyfox mode is rediculous

ENEMY PINBALL!!!! :D

Seriously, (assuming that it controls well,) if Parkour(/Movement) 2.0 achieves nothing else, it will have been worth it.

2 reasons:

1) Melee has at least 2 handicaps compared with ranged.

- You need to close the distance.

- You're always out of cover and blocking is useless (against any actually threatening enemy). And given Raids (and Phoenix Intercept (Escalation), but that was a one-off), the trend looks to be 'CC, godmode, cover or downed'.

This should help with -at least- the first one.

Also, I love pacifist runs (pacifist, not invis stealth).

If it controls smoothly, this looks to be a great deal of fun :3

No Stamina? YES!

Controllable inertia? omgYES!

Excal rework looks promising.

Note: I'm still displeased with the combination of LoS restriction and insufficient notification.

Assured Dagger Stealth kill augment?!

WANT!

I mean, it won't do me, personally, any good. I have the mods to guarantee I can OHKO anything in the star map with a stealth kill, and Endless enemies spawn alerted.

But - for example - doing a Rescue, going to stealth; noting the patrol routes, checking the timing, sneaking up behind a Warden, PROMPT!

Then watch as the Warden survives with 5% HP, ground-pounds- sending you sprawling... and opens up with its HMG, alerting every single unit within a 50m radius (or whatever)... it rather sucks, and I'll be glad to be rid of it.

P.S.

imo stealth prompt attacks should be OHKO regardless. This aug should let daggers instakill with invis attacks (target is literally not defending itself), counterattack prompts (corp-a-corp >:3) or ground finishers (coup de grace).

I thought I understood (from the discussion of Valkyr Prime, iirc on a Devstream) that Valkyr's skill-set is what it is because of Alad's... experiments, and was different - before?

That kinda doesn't work with an unmutilated skin.

Edited by Chroia

I thought I understood (from the discussion of Valkyr Prime, iirc on a Devstream) that Valkyr's skill-set is what it is because of Alad's... experiments, and was different - before?

That kinda doesn't work with an unmutilated skin.

It might be a restored Valkyr, meaning the events in the Zanuka labs still happened. Or her kit was very much alike, with the only difference being the visuals and sounds. IE: Instead of claws and hysterical cry, she had dual ether swords, or something like that with another, less hysterical cry.

Devstream 53 was so cool.

Excalibro rework is just 11/10

Also Excalibros new helmet......sorry loki prime, but we have new best looking helmet.....its called excals 4th helmet

Also im excited for Catbrows.

I just cant wait for parkour 2.0

Also i want to give DE a hug for making a game so cool that i have been playing it for almost 2 years.

Edited by S0ulre4per

Will the valkyr skin be ingame-purchasable with platinum?

NOT trying to give you ideas but I really hope it is not a steam summer-sale exclusive.

I will be unhappy. D:<

nah content like that wont ever be released exclusively on steam.

regarding parkour 2.0, are there any plans to untie roll dodges from right-click aiming? as it is now, it's frustratingly clunky to use, at least from a PC player's perspective. double-tapping direction keys to roll/flip would be so much more efficient and dynamic.

As for the "Catbrow" name, I suggest The name "Kairos". Meaning- The literal best and most opportune moment to take action. A pivotal, crucial moment. This is also under the assumption that "Catbrows" will act in a similar manner to real cats.

Edited by VitamPostMortem

Accidental hype for the Sharkwing... or should i say Sharkwin!

I love the idea of instant transformation from one mode to another, it could be the making of the Wing modes and will see how it fairs with the next trail vs Golem. Still i need to get the first trials myself first personally haha. Lots of reveals and sneak peaks here, good devstream DE, thanks for your efforts.