Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino- The Time Frame?

Haraswift

Okay. Bear with me here.

I, personally, think Rhino is the time Warframe, through use of stasis generators. This train of thought came riding around the bend when I was reading over how his powers worked- Namely stomp. Stomp describes itself as Rhino stomping so hard he disrupts the flow of time. Problematically, the force therein would be enough to cause something akin to a nuclear explosion.

Instead, I find a better explanation that he's got some stasis generators scattered about in his frame. Stomp? Fires off a stasis wave, catching everyone in a slow field as they rise. Rhino Charge? Sheathes himself in one and moves in accelerated time. Iron Skin? A more formfitting field that slows bullets as they hit him. Roar is still just Roar though.

And man, what's with that windup key on the Prime?

(Go forth to rage)

His true name is Chrono!

Okay lore nerd. Explain how carrying a datamass causes a single pistol to act as dual pistols if you have dual pistols equipped as your secondary?

Weird stupid pistol merge function iunno. Honestly I'm tired, but lore/gameplay does have a rift. I'm just picking at the rhino to see what the community has to say in response. I've wondered about the pistol thing though.

"Chrino"

Edited by Haraswift

Wow. I am surprised by your interpretation! I love it!

You really changed my view on Rhino.. 

Thank you. :3 Just wanted to drum up some discussion on how everyone's favorite big tough tank works. I like the idea of clever physical application of the element of time rather than OH TIME MAGIC HASTE LOL

Okay lore nerds. Explain why the Corpus would intentionally use shatterable glass to separate the outside of space from the inside of the ship and use indestructable glass everywhere inside the ship?

That one's easy. It's the same glass, only it's been cracked. Probably by a piece of debris. In Warframe, space is cluttered.

That one's easy. It's the same glass, only it's been cracked. Probably by a piece of debris. In Warframe, space is cluttered.

But it looked absolutely fine until it was shot at.... And if space debris can so easily crack it, the Corpus are all terrible drivers that they manage to always hit something that'll cause their otherwise indestructible glass to become destructible? That's ridiculous.

Edited by SicSlaver

Hm, that iron skin explanation is a bit iffy. If a bullet were to be slowed down due to time slowing down around it, wouldn't it still retain the same amount of force? 

It's also safe to assume that the stasis effect caused by his stomp is not just due to the amount of energy that is being released, otherwise enemies caught in it would be really screwed. 

Edited by DesuEx

Nah nah, Nova can travel through space instantly via Wormhole.

Anybody that studie quantum physics knows that space and time are the same concept, spacetime. (in fact the studies of wormholes is one of the most serious investigations into time travel)

Nova's the time frame.

p.s. don't kill me I'm only 50% serious

But it looked absolutely fine until it was shot at.... And if space debris can so easily crack it, the Corpus are all terrible drivers that they manage to always hit something that'll cause their otherwise indestructible glass to become destructible? That's ridiculous.

Terrible drivers? Have you seen how big those ships actually are?! A piece of space debris would be like a pebble in comparison to a Corpus ship, good luck avoiding something that small with something that big. And if you're going fast enough, then that little pebble will do a fair amount of damage even for it's size compared to the ship itself, so a cracked window doesn't quite seem out of the realm of possibility.

Okay. Bear with me here.

I, personally, think Rhino is the time Warframe, through use of stasis generators. This train of thought came riding around the bend when I was reading over how his powers worked- Namely stomp. Stomp describes itself as Rhino stomping so hard he disrupts the flow of time. Problematically, the force therein would be enough to cause something akin to a nuclear explosion.

Instead, I find a better explanation that he's got some stasis generators scattered about in his frame. Stomp? Fires off a stasis wave, catching everyone in a slow field as they rise. Rhino Charge? Sheathes himself in one and moves in accelerated time. Iron Skin? A more formfitting field that slows bullets as they hit him. Roar is still just Roar though.

And man, what's with that windup key on the Prime?

(Go forth to rage)

You are absolutely right about this.

That windup key on his back might mean clockworks and cogs.

Charge definitely looks like accelerated time to the point where the enemies explode into mist upon contact.

Iron Skin is probably just Iron Skin though, those would be his Rhino Traits.

Roar? More like Roar of Time!

Rhino Stomp of course is the time stopping ability.

Terrible drivers? Have you seen how big those ships actually are?! A piece of space debris would be like a pebble in comparison to a Corpus ship, good luck avoiding something that small with something that big. And if you're going fast enough, then that little pebble will do a fair amount of damage even for it's size compared to the ship itself, so a cracked window doesn't quite seem out of the realm of possibility.

Yet, the grineers have no trouble with it?

Why would a pebble make glass that is indestructible destructible? No matter how much you shoot at the glass that are indoors, they don't weaken! Why should the glass protecting the hull have this issue!?

Yet, the grineers have no trouble with it?

Why would a pebble make glass that is indestructible destructible? No matter how much you shoot at the glass that are indoors, they don't weaken! Why should the glass protecting the hull have this issue!?

the grineer have fewer windows, and theirs seem to be located near gun batteries, which very well might mean they use thicker glass to protect it.  and as for the indoor glass, there's a MASSIVE velocity difference between a rifle or rocket launcher's force and something moving in orbit, that pebble might very well be moving at mach 1.

Don't be ridiculous, you know well Rhino is the Old Spice Warframe 

He's so strong he stops the time. But then it gets boring so he accelerates time to double speed and then he roars for satisfaction and that makes everyone more powerful.

2x Speed Time Powaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Don't be ridiculous, you know well Rhino is the Old Spice Warframe 

He's so strong he stops the time. But then it gets boring so he accelerates time to double speed and then he roars for satisfaction and that makes everyone more powerful.

2x Speed Time Powaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i disagree, he has a distinct lack of aaaaaaaaaabdominals.

the grineer have fewer windows, and theirs seem to be located near gun batteries, which very well might mean they use thicker glass to protect it.  and as for the indoor glass, there's a MASSIVE velocity difference between a rifle or rocket launcher's force and something moving in orbit, that pebble might very well be moving at mach 1.

I don't really buy this explanation. For the debris to weaken the glass just enough for a few bullets to shatter it and not even have any scratch on it in the first place.

I don't really buy this explanation. For the debris to weaken the glass just enough for a few bullets to shatter it and not even have any scratch on it in the first place.

Corpus ships have larger and thinner glass for their windows. Grineer ships have smaller, and much thicker glass for theirs. It's a wonder how the latter see when it distorts so much.

I disagree with everything you said except for stomp.

Saying his charge is a time based ability would suggest that both Excalibur and Zephyr are time based frames as well.

Iron skin being time based makes no sense. If it was a stasis field then it would not have durability and would be purely duration based or energy draining and offer 100% protection from every form of damage you can receive in the game.

His ult obviously is intended to be a stasis field from how it slows the enemies.

Overall I don't feel he counts as a time frame. It's not his main theme.