Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now That Shotguns Are Good, Can We Get Redeemer Back?

Mind_Bullets

Long story short, when the Redeemer was released it was really, REALLY badass and that threw into relief exactly how S#&$ty regular shotguns were. It was subsequently nerfed. The nerf wasn't completely unjustified, it was crazy powerful, but it was overdone.

Now that shotguns can actually kill things (AND there are crazy powerful syndicate shotties available) the Redeemer could be buffed back up to 'relevant' without stepping on toes. I think this should absolutely be done because its a sword​​ and shotgun combined and that's awesome.  ​

I agree completely. I'm hoping Redeemer Prime/Dual Redeemer(If either ever happen <3 DE) would be better.  Though, I doubt DE would buff it after a nerf- only thing I've seen them do that to something is Vulklok, but really only because people complained like crazy

Buff it, then make the Veil Melee weapon a Rakta Redeemer, would be perfect.

I actually expect to see a buffed version in the form of a Sancti Redeemer. I think New Loka is much more likely than Red Veil, and in fact I expect it to be their weapon. 

Remember, DE has been going for as much thematic accuracy/series continuity as possible when picking syndicate weapons so far, and the Redeemer is aesthetically modeled after the Tigris. I think we have a very strong chance of a buffed, syndicate version of the Redeemer before long. 

Still +1 for suggesting Rakta Redeemer. You are on the right track. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

The redeemer have nothing to do with shotguns, still.
It is a gimmick weapon that works very well for what it does. It's not meant to be on par with shotguns or any guns though. At best it distinguish itself by being a ranged weapon with melee mods and even that, it means nothing.

If it's buffed, it either falls still behind real guns, or it ends up as better. And since it have infinite ammo, I don't think it should end as better.
It is an excellent weapon as it is now.

The redeemer have nothing to do with shotguns, still.

It is a gimmick weapon that works very well for what it does. It's not meant to be on par with shotguns or any guns though. At best it distinguish itself by being a ranged weapon with melee mods and even that, it means nothing.

If it's buffed, it either falls still behind real guns, or it ends up as better. And since it have infinite ammo, I don't think it should end as better.

It is an excellent weapon as it is now.

I'm impressed by how many baseless assertions you crammed into one post. I presented facts in my original post. The Redeemer was powerful. The Redeemer was nerfed. There is middle ground.

I'm going to disregard you from here on out until you make an actual argument.

Redeemer can already easily deal ~10,000 Damage as it is.

i fail to see any performance problems there, considering it also CC's Enemies and has Punch-Through. and is Silent + benefits from Stealth Melee Multiplier.

without any Ammo usage.

any performance complaints about it's Shotgun Damage are a joke.

Redeemer can already easily deal ~10,000 Damage as it is.

i fail to see any performance problems there, considering it also CC's Enemies and has Punch-Through. and is Silent + benefits from Stealth Melee Multiplier.

without any Ammo usage.

any performance complaints about it's Shotgun Damage are a joke.

Go ahead and link a screenshot of your mod loadout which shows the 'throw attack' as ~10k and I'll be happy to address your concerns.

Go ahead and link a screenshot of your mod loadout which shows the 'throw attack' as ~10k and I'll be happy to address your concerns.

5434QdG.png

just a random Screenshot of whatever Mods i already had on it.

it's already 7194 Damage, without even looking to get maximum Damage.

now i go for maximum Damage... (that fits with zero Polarizations)

gyszfZd.png

11,040 Damage.

you were saying?

Edited by taiiat

you were saying?

You misread the numbers. That's 719.4 and 1,104.0. That's roughly 11% of the 10k damage that you claimed. I treated you with civility and you turned around and tried to be snarky. For shame.

I'll be disregarding further comments from you until you back up your claims (and keep it civil.)

the Arsenal shows the Number per Pellet.

Redeemer shoots 10 Pellets.

you were saying?

That appears to be the case and I was not aware. You backed up your claim! But you still failed to keep it civil. After so many posts I would expect you to realize that acting like an A****** doesn't further your case.

So. Why is this fine as is? Why is 11k the magic number which makes a weapon fun and powerful?

My original post stated that the damage of Redeemer could be boosted without stepping on any toes. My Sancti Tigris currently does almost 35k damage per shot. And not only does it fire twice rapidly, it fires instantly! The Redeemer, on the other hand, fires once and has a charge up time. My trusty Hek (regular) does a little over 24k.

My points still stand. Redeemer was powerful. Redeemer was nerfed. Redeemer could be buffed back up quite a bit without eclipsing the heavy hitters.

You backed up your claim and I respect that, but from here on out you'll need to act like a decent human being to get further responses.

5434QdG.png

just a random Screenshot of whatever Mods i already had on it.

it's already 7194 Damage, without even looking to get maximum Damage.

now i go for maximum Damage... (that fits with zero Polarizations)

gyszfZd.png

11,040 Damage.

you were saying?

0.6 atk speed lmfao

maybe in 10 years u ill pull out that charge attack xD

anyway we need more type of gunblades and more stances 1 gunblade with 1 stance is just not enough

FFXIVGunBlade.png

Q_Q

Edited by Dante123pl