Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea For An Event That Stops Rushing. It Involves The Infested!

Mak_Gohae

So,yeah, all the events pretty much have just end up being mad rushes to the objective which make this stuff not as fun as it could be. So, of course, DE should add some gameplay features that will stop this from happening.

The idea is that the infested have developed some new disease that causes warframe technology to go all buggy so the Tenno have to steal components from both Corpus and Grineer to create devices that can counteract this disease for a bit then invade the Infested ships carrying disease bombs that are going to be used spread the disease all over the system and destroy them.

The event will have multiple parts like the recent events. The first part would be to gather device parts from Corpus and Grineer, they have some tech that can be combined to form counter agents to stop the disease. I was thinking that these missions are mobile defense missions but instead of you delivering something you, of course, steal something. You head to a computer terminal and one Tenno has to hack the terminal (you know, that hacking minigame) while the others defend and keep enemies away until the hacking is done and the datamass is released. The hacking has several levels which get more difficult, if you fail you get to try again but the enemy coming to attack become higher level.

Once you get the parts you combine them into a counter agent-mass that you bring into the Infested disease ships. Once in the infested ships you use the item (you have to equip them like those brain bombs) and it creates a bubble around the person, one device creates a 5 meter bubble and if more Tennos use their counter agents the bubble's range grows. You need a minimum of 2 counter agents to create a stable bubble. The bubble grows from the first person who used their counter agent first. The maximum range of the bubble is 10 meters. If a Warframe ends up outside of the bubble the disease causes them to loose energy, health, and his speed is cut in half for 15 seconds.

The mission to destroy the ship i was thinking of combining several mission types. You head steal a datamass and put it into the ships navigation making the ship head toward the sun, the uploading takes some time so you defend a few enemy waves. After that you head to the reactor room and blow up the reactor so the ship cant be reprogrammed.

So to review.

- Infested develop new disease to cause Warframe malfunctions and they are going to spread the disease.

- Tenno cannot enter the disease ships without protection

- They form this protection by stealing Corpus and Grineer tech.

- Mission to steal the tech are mobile defense mission where one player hacks a panel for a counter agent mass while the rest protect him until done. One from Corpus one from Grineer

- Once the two parts are combined the item is equipped and brought into the disease mission ships.

- In disease ship mission the item is used to create a bubble around the first person who uses the item. You need a minimum of 2 for a stable bubble. The range of the bubble grows if more counter agents are used.

- Stepping outside the bubble drains health, energy, and speed is cut in half for 15 seconds.

- The destroy the ship mission should be combination of several mission types.

I was thinking that just for this event they could have Infested Corrupted units sort of like the Orokin have to add some spice. So there could be some Grineer Lancers and Moas with some funky infested face masks.

So.... what do you folks think?

I like it. I like it a lot. Gotta defend someone in the first bit, gotta stick close by another person in the next bit. Although, if the person who uses the counter agent is a rusher things might not work so well. perhaps instead the bubble is generated by a robot or something that the players must protect/follow (for a few rooms, should make the players spend ~10-15 minutes slowly following a robot) for a little bit, until it reaches the destination, which after it does what ever it needs to, the ship is "cleansed" after a few minutes (aka defend the robot for a little bit)

Not sure this is the solution, but. I do agree that recent events reward blitzing the missions as fast as possible. Given that dozens of missions are required for the best rewards, how could they not? That's not the way I enjoy playing. It would be nice to see some variety. In a perfect world, there could be alternate objectives that reward multiple styles of play.

And how does this stop rushing?

Sounds like it would still be more productive to rush.

The only way they will stop rushing is if they either become more creative with the way that the win criteria is calculated or remove the competitive aspect entirely. As long as the reward mods become available as rare (or even super-rare) drops later down the line, I can't see any real reason for complaint.

Also, artificially slowing down the rate at which people like to play the game is a recipe for a fucken bull S#&$ S#&$ storm. Don't get confused here, the reason that it completed so quickly is because gamers are awesome and competitive and will always find a way to outdo each other.

Edited by JubeiKibagami

Or every mission type would be good if have alternative choosable style coz i hate run for small rewards when i can farm what i want sometimes 3x more than the reward. The inscreased mod and material drops now a bit help to the peoples whom not want run but who run have chance too find something what them like. About infesteds, would be good after grineer and corpus variations to see more type infested whom can harrash us from distance.

I have a question what if its a loki who ends up ditching us all to extraction who is the host fo this bubble?

Now you have rushers and griefers.

Maybe the person that creates the bubble has a drain on his frame and his speed get's normalized to 1 plus Rush mods dont work and all team members are required to extract. Or maybe the additive effect of the additional frames only works while they are inside the bubble so this is another disadvantage of being outside the bubble. Since you are required to have two players to have a stable bubble if a Loki wants to be cute and leave everyone behind the bubble would not work which will end up getting him killed as well.

The point of my idea is more to keep the team together than slowing everything down to a crawl. If you can get your team to rush while staying in the bubble..... good job. Cause the biggest problem with rushing is that one dude with Rush rank 11 on an Ash speeding away and leaving the rest behind. Some people disappear while some get left behind.

And how does this stop rushing?

Sounds like it would still be more productive to rush.

Well, if you rush together it's fine. As long as they are together. The points is caring for your other players

The only way they will stop rushing is if they either become more creative with the way that the win criteria is calculated or remove the competitive aspect entirely. As long as the reward mods become available as rare (or even super-rare) drops later down the line, I can't see any real reason for complaint.

Also, artificially slowing down the rate at which people like to play the game is a recipe for a fucken bull S#&$ S#&$ storm. Don't get confused here, the reason that it completed so quickly is because gamers are awesome and competitive and will always find a way to outdo each other.

Well, the "problem" with rushing is most evident in PUGs. That's when people with 4 different mindsets and no communication just go 4 separate ways.This usually ends up with following the dude in front.  And outdoing each other is fine as long as you do it.... together.

And the word of the post today is..........together.

mad rushes.... So, of course, DE should add some gameplay features that will stop this from happening.

I would just like to point out that DE has been the one supporting rushing. The only thing they've added so far that does not support rushing are secret rooms, which DE then nerfed the drop-rate of.

What makes you think DE doesn't want us to rush at this point?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if you rush together it's fine. As long as they are together. The points is caring for your other players

Well, the "problem" with rushing is most evident in PUGs. That's when people with 4 different mindsets and no communication just go 4 separate ways.This usually ends up with following the dude in front.  And outdoing each other is fine as long as you do it.... together.

And the word of the post today is..........together.

I like the idea you're espousing in this thread (though I don't agree with the title), but more than the plan for an event, I like this post. Rushing is fine, it's a fun, effective playstyle. Exploring is also fine, there are secrets out there to find, and resources lying around. What isn't fine is screwing over your party. You don't go off on your own during a boss rush, you don't kill @#&*( on Defense missions, and you don't dash off to finish a mission your party wants to resource farm.

The Infested are mindless....they do not develop tech,weapons,or anything.

Ifested weapons (that we can use)are just weapons that are infected....not developed by them. (Or possibly developed by someone else)

Good Idea,but the story is all wrong.

Now what you COULD do, is after fighting so many Tenno,SOME of the infested have mutated to do more harm to Tenno than usual....

They're attracted to Tenno like some weird kind of radar and can sense them...So they've begun spreading out,hunting Tenno down.

Make the missions Exterminations,BUT,each of these mutated Infested must be captured for study and disposal....The Grineer/Corpus tech could be capture pods with special fields to contain these new Infested...

heres a better, simpler idea: only chargers as enemies, moving 2 times speed, at 3 times respawn rate.

short Version: an Aura that prevents People frm getting to far away from the Group ... why not

Chargers run fast. there are a lot of them. they follow you even if you are invisible, and if they catch you, will explode, staggering you. now, if there are aLOT, this means you are probably stunlocked for good, and youre gonna die. that means people would be more wary of running into a trap, and, viola! rushing prevented.

Chargers run fast. there are a lot of them. they follow you even if you are invisible, and if they catch you, will explode, staggering you. now, if there are aLOT, this means you are probably stunlocked for good, and youre gonna die. that means people would be more wary of running into a trap, and, viola! rushing prevented.

Yes, because what this game needs to increase the fun factor is even more stun locks...

Not against this idea. In fact, I am interested in seeing it potentially develop into something for all our enjoyment. Which is why I am being "picky". Hope you don't mind ;) Below are just my own opinions which can be ignored at your own pleasure.

just wish to comment from lore perspective where there is something that I think should be worked around.

basically, I feel that the "new disease" part doesn't fit in very well.

I would expect that the Ultimate "disease" (virus actually) is the TC virus which is the same stuff that turns innocent web surfers into ... Tenno, as well as those that produced the "Infested". basically, Tenno are the same, just that we "retain" personal control. Infested on the other hand lost individual control (which sort of give them their twisted, malformed structure) though there are hints from staff that there is a infested hive mind of sort (forgot source)

I would expect that this ultimate "Disease" will simply EAT all other kinds of disease... (anything less would bruise the "glory" of the Tenno and the Infested). At the very least, I will not think that Tenno or Infested will be much affected (though Corpus and Grineer may be susceptible)

But I have no clear ideas how to "workaround" it at the moment. Ideas please :)

I have thought of something like a "rogue" infested hive mind (which competes with the original hive mind as well as Tenno, which can be seen as a one organism hive, as opposed to the infested where a colony or even all the infested in the solar system shares a single hive mind). Basically, this rogue hive mind can be "stealing" control of infested from the original one, and in the same way, tries to "overtake" Tenno as well (Each Tenno being viewed as a single hive mind?) But this idea is shaky due to the lack of "official" lore from the staff regarding the infested, which can be made canon. So atm, prob not good, unless the staff adopts the idea and develop this part of the lore.

Rollers V2.0.

From the past we can see stun locking isnt the way to go; traps however could be a thought.