Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Issue the Login Strife uncovers (plus an ask for suggestions)

Efro_D_Siac

So as we've seen many players are frustrated by the proposed login reward changes as they feel it devalues their time spent playing or prestige for a lack of better words. With the opposing opinions stating that simply logging in is not an achievement nor a cause for exclusivity.

I personally get both sides, on one hand long time players wanting something to show for their time put in doesn't necessarily equal them wanting to be elitist, it's just a badge that expresses what they've done. Something they can look back at and take a sense of pride in.  Nothing wrong with that imo. 

And on the other hand no, a newer player easily getting something that took me months to earn doesn't diminish my experience. This has been my favorite game for years and I've had a lot of fun with it, and that's the most valuable thing.

BUT this situation shines a light on a bigger issue this very great game has had for a while if you would allow me explain.

In a game with a lot of grind, highlighting dedication is awesome for players, when implemented correctly it can provide a sense of accomplishment and gives new players something to work towards. A clear indicator of that this player is the real Frickin' deal and the slightest bit of bragging rights without some toxic sense of superiority.  

but Warframe doesn't really have that. There are shortcuts to a high MR, event badges are small and honestly prime stuff is easy to get (LOOKIN' AT YOU TWITCH PRIME). The closest thing to this is the power you get from having a lot of maxed mods and arcanes but that's more internal it definitely hits the mark practically but I mean something that's visual as well.

And I feel like if DE was better able to provide that "badge of honor" to the players who earned it in a way that was clear to others, something like a login system wouldn't be this big of a deal.

So I ask you.

How can DE better exemplify the dedication of it's long term player base? would they be  in the form of rewards? how would you earn them?

or is DE doing fine and everyone's just whining. 

DE should add a badge, cosmetic, something for Players that have Mastered all 5 Focus Schools.

Spoiler

Also 850 day logins here and I don't care about the new Login system.
Still need to login every day so same old, same old.

Edited by Fishyflakes

Remove weapons and mods from daily milestones, put them tied to Mastery Rank and make daily milestones purely cosmetic.

MR requires people to actually do something in order to get it.

No one would really bother if only cosmetics were tied to daily milestones. 

A better reward tied to MR would be an incentive for newer players to stay in the game and actually play it.

All problems solved.