Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fixing the login reward system

KopfJaeger

I know there are lots of posts about this already but I thought I'd give my 2 cents (or 10 cents because this is going to be a long post).

Let's talk about the milestones first because they are the main problem. DE's proposed change isn't really a fix because the fact remains that you still have to log in for 300 days to get 3 rewards, or 1000 days to get all of the rewards. I have a couple of suggestions which are by no means exclusive to each other.                                               

The first is to just move to primed mods to Baro and the weapons to mastery rewards; for example, azima for achieving MR10, zenistar for MR15, zenith for MR20 and sigma & ocantis for MR25. It should go without saying that anyone who had already obtained any of the weapons through login but does not meet the mastery requirement would still keep them.         

My other suggestion is a catch-up mechanic. After a certain number of days logging in, 100 days perhaps, the number of days required until each milestone is reduced by your mastery value should you not already be at the most recent available milestone (If they made it a blanket reduction for everyone then it would only make the problem worse than it already is because they would need to churn out rewards twice as often and it would still be impossible to catch up to people at the head). So a MR17 player would have to log in for 33 days rather than the usual 50 in order to reach a milestone. This system would be beneficial for everyone who hasn't logged in every single day since update 18, and to the veterans who are complaining about their "exclusivity", I say there are better ways to acknowledge and reward someone's veteran status than by the consecutive number of days they have logged in. I started playing warframe in mid 2015, since then I've clocked over 2.5k hrs and I have all the available mastery except for the viper wraith, the braton and lato vandal, the zenith and the sigma & ocantis; so I think it's fair to say I'm at least a somewhat seasoned veteran. After the second dream I logged in consistently for a while and was only a few days behind when i got primed fury, however after a couple of burnout periods I'm now 500 days behind, that in no way diminishes my veteran status, and yet it leaves me at a huge disadvantage when it comes to login milestones.

The other problem with the login rewards is the content of the non-milestones, I don't think you should get anything special but at the same time I think that at least once in a while you should get something that isn't useless. I am not expecting anything to change in this regard but I will discuss it nonetheless. To newer players some of the rewards would likely be welcome, but the more of the game you play, the more useless the rewards become to the point where all you hope for is the elusive 75% plat discount. To go into this in any great detail would be to open up the entire argument of rewards so instead I will limit it to a brief suggestion. I think there should be 3 tiers of login rewards based off mastery rank; tier 1: new players (approx MR0-10), tier 2: established players (approx MR11-17), tier 3: veterans (approx 18+). The current rewards would remain as the tier 1 rewards, I am not sure exactly would could be done for tier 2 and 3 rewards but I will make a few quick points (warning: these are opinions based on my own experience, if you have had a different experience then feel free to say so in a contructive manner). Values of everything should increase per tier, especially credits and endo; kuva should be a tier 2 and 3 reward; prebuilt forma should be a rare tier 3, maybe also tier 2 reward; the only resources in tiers 2 and 3 should be orokin cells, neurodes, neural sensors and mutagen mass, no one wants resources they already have a metric ****ton of and never use for anything.

TL;DR:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Milestones: give primed mods to baro and give weapons as rewards for achieving specific mastery ranks; add catch-up mechanic where after a certain number of days of logging in, the number of days required for the each milestone is reduced by your mastery value if you haven't already reached all the current milestones.

Basic rewards: add 3 login reward tiers based off mastery rank (beginner, established player, veteran) so that login rewards reflect your progress in the game (if only a little bit).

The entire reason the system exists and the weapons and mods are in it is to incentivize logging in each day. The boosters and coupons are to keep you playing once you log in. Moving all the rewards to Baro and MR negates the entire reason the system was made and implemented in the game.

They are already going to scale rewards off MR and you will be able to choose what to get next.

57 minutes ago, KopfJaeger said:

DE's proposed change isn't really a fix because the fact remains that you still have to log in for 300 days to get 3 rewards, or 1000 days to get all of the rewards.

Any suggestion where you are no longer incentivized to log in every day is a nonstarter. This entire thing is by design. Feel free to not like it, but your suggestion isn't applicable to what DE wants the players to do to get the rewards.

Digital Extremes promised player choice, not faster logins. I love the route DE took with this new updated system by keeping the roots of the system. Logins have been the only thing keeping me coming daily instead of weekly for about 6 months now. It would be a shame if this system was made trivial in such a manner. I hope Digital Extremes does not budge from their current plan as it is a great one that values those who invested in the previous system.

54 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

The entire reason the system exists and the weapons and mods are in it is to incentivize logging in each day. The boosters and coupons are to keep you playing once you log in. Moving all the rewards to Baro and MR negates the entire reason the system was made and implemented in the game.

They are already going to scale rewards off MR and you will be able to choose what to get next.

Any suggestion where you are no longer incentivized to log in every day is a nonstarter. This entire thing is by design. Feel free to not like it, but your suggestion isn't applicable to what DE wants the players to do to get the rewards.

Perhaps you did not pick up from my post that I am aware that the idea is to get players to log in every day, otherwise I would have said "remove login rewards". I believe that my proposed system of reduced time between milestones is actually better incentive to log in because if someone going to get a worthwhile reward sooner then they are probably going to be more motivated to get it. Additionally, do you not think that improving the average quality of the non milestone rewards achieves the purpose of incentivising players to log in every day? If you weren't almost certain to get a resource or booster that you don't need, or an inconsequential amount of endo or credits, wouldn't logging in feel more gratififying than "oh just another bit of uselss junk that I don't care for"?

I never said to remove boosters and coupons from the login system so I'm not sure where you were going with that.

The point of this thread is not to say we shouldn't have login rewards, the point is to try bridging the gap between the players who have obsessively logged in every day for almost 3 years, the people who didn't or couldn't do that, and the people who only started playing more recently.