The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Clan Decoration Lighting

(PSN)AkanaKitsuneNeo

So on PS4 I just made a room out of decorations. And the shadows are bugging out everywhere in the room. Move a couple inches everything goes black, move to another place it's now half shadowed, a Decoration is flashing in and out of existence constantly. I would love if this was fixed because I made a really cool room drying up the last of my recources and it's a shame I can't sit back in it without shadows flashing in my face from the ceiling. 😛

https://youtu.be/dES73NlwwM4

Edited by (PS4)AkanaKitsuneNeo

• 1 month later...

The problem seems to be the shadows the dojo Decoration makes and the lighting as well, this can also be seen in the personal quarters when items are placed on the shelfs, the shadows leak all the way through like they are not solid blocks. When walked under the shadows disappear entirely and when you walk out  from under they pop back. This is especially infuriating when walking under trees and the shadows go away. When stacking two walls on each other it casts an ugly Shadow and when moving around that Shadow glitches in and out. So in the video above is shadows from the gardens on top somehow leaking through those ceiling tiles I made and casting glitchy shadows. Please continue looking into this because I really want to get into decorating my dojo.

Edited by (PS4)AkanaKitsuneNeo

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-08-24 at 8:42 PM, (PS4)AkanaKitsuneNeo said:

So on PS4 I just made a room out of decorations. And the shadows are bugging out everywhere in the room. Move a couple inches everything goes black, move to another place it's now half shadowed, a Decoration is flashing in and out of existence constantly. I would love if this was fixed because I made a really cool room drying up the last of my recources and it's a shame I can't sit back in it without shadows flashing in my face from the ceiling. 😛

I appreciate you posting this. I wanted to post my video but my account is glitches and won't let me post under ps4 bugs. If u take a look at my video you can see I am having the same problem.

I'd love to make kool and complex things but the shadowing gets too bad at the moment 

On 2018-08-24 at 5:42 PM, (PS4)AkanaKitsuneNeo said:

not only that, the lightning is completely messed up, took me ages to se the perfect color and light for a decorated rooms to make it look the way i wanted and boom, the new update took that away along with making invisible all the personal decorations, like the nuggles

58 minutes ago, (PS4)AkanaKitsuneNeo said:

They are probably working on it, give em some time since they are working on Fortuna for us.

Im not an optimist. There has been two updates since @[DE]LinkskiLinkski said something in this topic and that was over two months ago. If this was a PC problem it would've been fixed in two days. Until one of them says it is fixed or that they are still working on it then I am worried

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2018-11-08 at 9:22 AM, (PS4)Herculxs said:

Im not an optimist. There has been two updates since @[DE]LinkskiLinkski said something in this topic and that was over two months ago. If this was a PC problem it would've been fixed in two days. Until one of them says it is fixed or that they are still working on it then I am worried

not every bug is easy to find especially if it only shows up every 10th time x is done.  this seems to be one of those

11 hours ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

not every bug is easy to find especially if it only shows up every 10th time x is done.  this seems to be one of those

Every object that is not a nature object has this bad shadow problem. That's not " every 10th time x is done", that is almost all the time. It's also not a matter of it being easy to find. A DE staff member has acknowledged this problem back in August, bro it's December and it ain't fixed. They don't care about PS4 glitches, they don't care about PS4 clans and dojos at all. PS4 still don't have the featured dojos on the starchart almost 2 months after the dojo contest. Will have to wait and be disappointed when it isn't fixed in fortuna update lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, (PS4)Herculxs said:

Every object that is not a nature object has this bad shadow problem. That's not " every 10th time x is done", that is almost all the time. It's also not a matter of it being easy to find. A DE staff member has acknowledged this problem back in August, bro it's December and it ain't fixed. They don't care about PS4 glitches, they don't care about PS4 clans and dojos at all. PS4 still don't have the featured dojos on the starchart almost 2 months after the dojo contest. Will have to wait and be disappointed when it isn't fixed in fortuna update lol

thats just it its like one out of 15 rooms in my dojo that does that if that

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...