Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant's Primary color channel makes zero sense

ENGINEEEEER

In general, I believe that color channels should go from most area or prominence to least from from primary to tertiary. DE seems to have other ideas as many of our armors and syandanas do not follow this logical progression. 

On Revenant, His primary channel is the smallest area of his body making it difficult to match his color channels with attachments without swapping colors manually. 

Some pictures:

Front Revenant Color Channels

Rear Revenant Color Channels

The solution is simple: 

• Primary > Tertiary
  • Secondary > Primary
  • Tertiary > Secondary

Is this the biggest issue? No. But if it isn't addressed shortly, it'll likely never be addressed. 

7 minutes ago, Errodin said:

So my understanding is that you have an issue with the area of effected color being labelled "primary" when it's at the least an "accent"?

Yep. If a decent sized chunk of the game is cosmetic appearance it seems prudent to make that part as easy and logical as possible. 

3 minutes ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

Yep. If a decent sized chunk of the game is cosmetic appearance it seems prudent to make that part as easy and logical as possible. 

i agree with you on this,and yea its illogical what DE create with this...

I will tell you this: After asking for Excalibur Prime tints to be swapped between 1 and 2, and seeing issues that to this day are still not fixed, I don't look forward to seeing tint channels swapped anymore. Specially with how detailed Revenant is, it'd be freaking sad.

4 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

I will tell you this: After asking for Excalibur Prime tints to be swapped between 1 and 2, and seeing issues that to this day are still not fixed, I don't look forward to seeing tint channels swapped anymore. Specially with how detailed Revenant is, it'd be freaking sad.

What happened there?

That's why It'd be nice if they did it now before people got too set. 

3 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

-Snip-

Jeez, pretty bad. Can't believe that's been left that way for so long but then again it happens. 

I still wish they'd bit the bullet and go back through the color channels and QC for stuff like that and odd mappings. 

7 minutes ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

Jeez, pretty bad. Can't believe that's been left that way for so long but then again it happens. 

I still wish they'd bit the bullet and go back through the color channels and QC for stuff like that and odd mappings. 

I know right? But the new content pipeline eats a lot and they don't seem to have enough people/time to revisit some stuff. Worst part it's not the only one I've seen, you can add in some armor sets, 3 more Primes and a few things here and there I am sure that have issues.

That's why, since Revenant's tints seem to be a bit odd, they're so well done and so detailed it would suck to see them in such a state after a perfect release art wise.