Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How about Color pallets that also apply textures.

(PSN)Phoenixs_Ashes17

Then we would have everyone running in full metalic gold frames looking primed than ever. The coloring system is fine as is the textures would just break it and have the acctual material texture be useless. Some textures like cloth make sense and act like acctual cloth, now if one adds a metal texture to cloth then it would look really weird

Texture pallets... eh I can imagine what kind of eyesores people will make already.

I would prefer if DE worked on improving existing textures, far too many older frames, helmets and weapons still have that terrible plastic look to them

I wondered for a minute if texture palettes would even be possible with the way the game works.

Then I realized that it doesn't matter, because it's a horrible idea that will only lead to worse and worse looking frames from the depressingly large number of players who wouldn't know good aesthetic if it crushed their guts out through their mouth with a corset.

11 hours ago, AwkwardLazarow said:

Then we would have everyone running in full metalic gold frames looking primed than ever. The coloring system is fine as is the textures would just break it and have the acctual material texture be useless. Some textures like cloth make sense and act like acctual cloth, now if one adds a metal texture to cloth then it would look really weird

Just because you dont like the way it looks doesnt mean it shouldnt exist know?

11 hours ago, (PS4)Azoth17 said:

I simply think it would be nice if the color pallets did more than just alter color, if some added textures too.  For example a metal surface looks different than say a wooden surface, or one made of Neon Lights. 

I mean if they did more than just change color imagine the possible combinations and customization.  

Welp i liked it lol, but perhaps that should just be a tennogen thing were you design a completely new skin to fit the textured look

2 hours ago, (PS4)Ghost--00-- said:

Just because you dont like the way it looks doesn't mean it shouldnt exist. know? 

Fixed it for you.

I'll elaborate on my opening statement: It's probably not currently possible for a mere palette to modify frame textures without breaking something, because textures are an inherent property of the frame/skin itself. The fact that the "payoff" would be a new way for people to make their frames physically painful to look at doesn't even matter at that point, but it does provide incentive to not even bother with what would probably be a ton of work making textures customizable in the same manner as colors.

Plus you just know someone will try and abuse it in Conclave, like how skoom use True Black to make various abilities practically invisible.