Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick Request for Clan and Alliance Chat: and @everyone command.

SpicyDinosaur

So my clan has gone beyond Shadow to Storm because we reached full capacity. More and more to get people to realize I and others are online and are willing to help out with whatever or just group, I have to tag each person in the in-game clan chat, because the chat itself seems so unobtrusive as to be often forgotten.

We have a Discord, but not everyone necessarily wants to be disturbed. People in game would probably be more amenable to something like that. I created a role to ping only people who opt in, which is leavable and joinable at any time to toggle it off and on whenever, but getting people to actively notice announcements about such and join any of the self-joinable roles I have (mostly for warframe things in game through the Genesis bot,) is at best a chore, and I haven't been super successful with it yet. I'm actually not sure if other server leaders on discord find that to be the case.

However, an in-game mechanic would make it much easier to alert any clan or alliance members in the game, even if just to note the MotD has changed.

I would much prefer an @everyone command, it could either be a power that could be given to a rank or two in the hierarchy section where you assign powers to ranks, it could be only for people who have one of the existing privs, or it could just be the warlord/any people with all powers, or it could just be used by everyone. (Other people probably won't be too fond of that possibility if they are in 400 person clans, though.)

I could be on board with this, but to be used only for chat moderators and above. I'd hate to be summoned for "Hey @everyone! WTS [worthless riven] [frame no one wants] [stuff I don't need]" every 5 minutes. And even then it'd be risky since I find the fact that everyone in a clan can moderate an alliance to be a fault. Clan and Alliance moderators should be picked the same way, not just port all the clan moderators to alliance as well. Just my thoughts on this.

Besides, I'd rather just enhance the MOTD mechanic. For letting more serious warnings and info get to everyone with time and to stand out more.

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx

1 hour ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

I could be on board with this, but to be used only for chat moderators and above. I'd hate to be summoned for "Hey @everyone! WTS [worthless riven] [frame no one wants] [stuff I don't need]" every 5 minutes. And even then it'd be risky since I find the fact that everyone in a clan can moderate an alliance to be a fault. Clan and Alliance moderators should be picked the same way, not just port all the clan moderators to alliance as well. Just my thoughts on this.

Besides, I'd rather just enhance the MOTD mechanic. For letting more serious warnings and info get to everyone with time and to stand out more.

The MotD doesn't really cover the needs I listed in the OP, though yea, use of the MotD should be a bit more dynamic, and maybe a bit more characters.

It should probably be more obvious the first time you see it or if it changes after that. No idea on a suggestion for that. Text in general is something I overlook. Frustratingly, when I use voice most people don't seem to have it enabled in groups. I don't know how people hunt eidolons effectively without it tbh. I actually had a group member effectively call me a noob for using voice and not typing or looking at text. Haha.

Just being able to tag everyone currently online in the clan/alliance may not even necessarily get everyone to pay attention, (could always exclude it for alliances and have it not alert people with /DND enabled,) but it is a fair bit better for me to ask members all at once how things are going, if they need help, etc. than rattle off a long list of names and clog up the actual point of me posting. >.<

Maybe a different "ding" than a PM, or at least the same one to get attention. (This is totally negotiable if people don't want it, just adding it as an extra thought for the feature.) It could also have a "cooldown" to it.

Also, a suggestion for the /dnd command is to let us give an optional auto-response for an afk message.

/dnd I am currently away because sleep is a requirement for the human body!

but also

/dnd

by itself would work.

Whether or not the message remains the same when you use /dnd the next time after using /normal (and if it is persistent through logging out and back in,) is just small bits of detail I'm not really sure about though.

Edited by SpicyDinosaur