Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need a warframe with 4 arms, my idea of how it could work.

(PSN)Red_12hino

For full disclosure, i am only providing mechanics towards the usage on an idea here, if it is liked and would like to see further development of ideas towards this warframe i will continue until there is a satisfactory decision with all.

So i think a warframe that would be too cool to see, would be a four armed Warframe. Im not talking about nidus and those fake dark souls armor arms. Im talking about a warframe that uses all four arms!

Now with something to have a background that would fit perfectly into the warframe universe that would slide in beautifully would be the hindu god Vishnu, the preserver and protector of the universe. His role is to return to the earth in troubled times and restore the balance of good and evil. (quoted by wikipedia)

Now four arms is an intense idea but this would work pretty well given it is not being used as a passive all the time use.

Vishnu's second set of arms would work as an  exalted ability but would have the capability to where you can put either a Primary, secondary, or melee of your choice into that exalted slot. But if you are to use a primary, secondary, or melee, for your exalted slot, it will only pair up with with the category it is classified as.

IE

1)exalted slot is a melee weapon, it will pair with your non-exalted melee.

(stances would provide to be an issue here since people would try to pair a staff with dual swords or something else, so whatever your non-exalted weapon class for melee is would have to be the same for your exalted melee. Nikana/Nikana, Dual sword/Dual Sword, etc.)

2)Exalted slot is a secondary weapon pairs with your non-exalted secondary

3)Exalted slot is a primary weapon, its paired with your non-exalted primary 

This exalted ability would not give any buff modifiers. But would drain energy for usage of the ability.

This would give players the option to have more than one of the same item. 

You cannot use the same weapon that you have in your non-exalted primary, secondary, or melee unless you have a secondary weapon that is of the same name that is not currently in your weapon slots. So what this means, is if you have two stubbas in your inventory, you can equip both into non-exalted and exalted. But if you have only one stubba, you will have to equip a different weapon in the exalted slot.

While in exalted form, your non exalted weapon would be performed with your fire button, your exalted would be performed with your aim button.

Edited by (PS4)Red_12hino

2 minutes ago, Sageis said:

Does this even belong in General? I usually see things like this in Fan Concepts (https://forums.warframe.com/forum/89-fan-concepts/ ). Additionally, controls for any warframe needs to be viable across all platforms including PC. Honestly especially PC as that is where most of the bugs are found and fixed before the updates go to console. 

Would you be saying it should be one button that commands both arms then?

1 minute ago, (PS4)Red_12hino said:

Would you be saying it should be one button that commands both arms then?

Control wise all exalted weapons function like this. You activate it and the weapon manifests. You then drain energy as long as the exalted weapon is active. Outside of that, the weapon functions like a standard weapon. Excals sword uses melee keystrokes, Ivaras bow acts like all the other bows. The lone exception is Khoras kavat, in that having V out does not drain your energy or lock your weapon selection. 

Exalted weapons are usually capstone (4th/Ults) and while they are useful and powerful all abilities should flow from the mythos of the frame, so a general idea of "Activate 4, extra arms summon weapons" is a fine outline its not an in-depth kit build of a powerset that would be unique or flavorful. 

9 hours ago, (PS4)Red_12hino said:

But if you are to use a primary, secondary, or melee, for your exalted slot, it will only pair up with with the category it is classified as.

So, if I use a sniper primary in the non-exalted I have to use a sniper in the exalted? Based on this I can only assume that is the case (as it is with melee):

so whatever your non-exalted weapon class for melee is would have to be the same for your exalted melee.

If that is not the case, explain the difference. Why should melee have the affect and not primary?

You cannot use the same weapon that you have in your non-exalted primary, secondary, or melee unless you have a secondary weapon that is of the same name that is not currently in your weapon slots.

Why can I not do this with non-secondaries? Or are you just using "secondary" to mean "second copy" (I would suggest changing the term if that was the intention).

A few questions:

1. What is the passive?
  2. What are the abilities?
  3. What are the stats?
  4. What sort of designs are you imagining?
  5. What does this frame offer (aside from a gimmick) that others do not?

Currently, all I can say is: DE should not even consider this (there is barely any point in reading it). It is a terrible underdeveloped idea. If you want people to take it seriously you really do have to put at least a little effort in.

Edited by krc473

It's alright, ignorance flows through those with the lack of an imagination.

No offence but seems like you re the one with no imagination. Just 4 arms? Pfff poor imagination, why not 1 thousand instead. A very original frame with 1k arms using them all and to solve the problem with keybinds each pair of arms would be controlled by a single key, reducing by a whopping 50% the required keys to control em all. Also to each hand a different exalted weapon, because why not? exalted weapons are always cool and a very very original concept amirite fella?