Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elite Onslaught is Pointless Boredom Because of Saryn

ActionPoohole

9 hours ago, f3llyn said:

A damage frame doing what a damage frame is supposed to do. What a horrible thing.

I have an alternative proposal - make other damaging frames better. Nerfs are never fun no matter how good intention-ed you are.

what i find funny about this post is that no one is complaining about her damage they are complaining about standing in a room with nothing to do. nerfs are an essential part of balancing. seems to me you dont know what balance is in an online multiplayer setting. this isnt a single player game where balance doesnt matter.

One player should not be in a squad of 4 and be able to do the job of 4 period. take mass effect multiplayer or dragon age inquisition multiplayer for examples, you cannot solo those maps. they are designed to be completed by 4 people.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

It would be better to buff other frames up to par with Saryn, instead of having a bad nerf mentality.

Nerfs should only be used when they are actually needed, and not just tossed around and make the game boring, and getting a boring game is basically just a game dying. 

2 minutes ago, Clinnger said:

It would be better to buff other frames up to par with Saryn, instead of having a bad nerf mentality.

Nerfs should only be used when they are actually needed, and not just tossed around and make the game boring, and getting a boring game is basically just a game dying. 

no it wouldnt. you dont buff frames up to a point where you can do the job of 4 in a full squad. you balance the game so that when you are in a full squad everyone can participate.

On 2018-09-06 at 11:14 AM, Kraythax said:

So you go into elite onslaught to farm a bit of focus, maybe level up a weapon and there is one critical problem. Saryn. Every Saryn player I have met acts selfish and instead of going in solo if they want to solo the map, they go in with a full team of 4, take 90% or more of the damage and you get nothing. And forget leaving if there is a Saryn in party, I tried that and 12 games in a row I left,  until I said "to heck with it and logged off." I am a paying customer and don't pay to be bored. SARYN IS STUPIDLY unbalanced. She makes the old "Entire map on fire" Ember look like a minor player.  Either NERF SARYN hard .. or at least enable meditate in ESO so that I can just sit there while Saryn kills everything. 

Just bought more plat before I logged on today, but now I feel stupid. I think time to put this game down a while. 

We already had Saryn re-worked twice.
If you're bored go do the Focus on MOT or something.

Also:

Warframes and weapons gain Affinity for several types of actions, detailed below. Unless specified otherwise, all Affinity gained uses the same split: 25% of the amount goes to your Warframe and 75% of the amount is divided evenly among all equipped weapons (25% each for three, 37.5% each for two, or the full 75% if only one is equipped).

• Kill an enemy with a Warframe ability. All of the Affinity goes to the Warframe.
  • Kill an enemy with a weapon. Half of the Affinity goes to the Warframe and half to the killing weapon.
    • Be near an allied Tenno when they kill an enemy. When within 50 meters of an ally when they kill an enemy, you gain the same total Affinity, distributed as specified above. This doesn't reduce the Affinity gained by the killing player, and doesn't reduce the Affinity gained by other nearby allies. This applies to Archwing mode with much larger ranges for shared affinity.

Affinity is shared so what's the farking problem? Maybe you should contribute to your team and go play another frame.
Go play Volt or something.

If you don't want to play cooperative. But it should be nice if you did. Then go play Solo.

Edited by Kinjeto

On 2018-09-06 at 11:28 AM, Kraythax said:

Its her 1 that costs hardly any energy, spreads immediately and then the 4 to kill literally whole map. Things litteraly spawn and die in less than a second. and then they say "why do you care you get experience" but see I dont want to get experience, I want to PLAY THE DANG GAME.

You're playing the game. That's the whole point of going into Elite Onslaught. To kill enemies.

10 hours ago, miomima said:

And what you gona do when there is nothing to grind? happily press 4? Game never should be balanced around grind. there is a lot of frames who can kill dozens of enemies but... im too lazy to type it 100 times.

I never said get rid of the grind, I said remove farmable items from the market place so the grind isn't engineered to encourage platinum sales. In fact what I'm saying would ensure there is more to grind since the only way players will obtain the gear .. is by grinding for it, which means DE can make farming more of an enjoyable and diverse experience that focuses on gameplay and less on ways to slow down player progression via RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG etc..

If DE stopped selling warframes for platinum, (yeah they'd have to think of other non-farming rng techniques to drive sales) lot of players got ideas out there on ways to do that but that's off topic to here, the point here being.. if they did stop selling the warframes, they'd have no reason to make the drop chance on Khora or Equinox so grindy and RNG. Nitain extract and oxium wouldn't requirements wouldn't need to be so high, etc. etc.

And if those type of items weren't as heavily required, then players would spend more time enjoying the gameplay in different ways then just focusing purely on how to max efficiency in farming which typically results in meta gameplay styles that are hell boring to the majority .. but get the job done.

38 minutes ago, Kinjeto said:

You're playing the game. That's the whole point of going into Elite Onslaught. To kill enemies.

rolling into ESO and standing there unable to do anything isnt playing the game. ESO is about killing yes. being in a squad means contributing to the objective. this is the bullS#&$ DE needs to do something about. people getting to comfortable leeching.

9 hours ago, jalen961 said:

This is all just false. Ok your real issue (because saryns one isn't killing enemies like your saying on actual high level content) is that your not getting top damage. I'm starting to wish DE would just hide that number to stop people like you from whining about crap that's not an issue.

This game scales infinitely and I want to keep my team members strong. Why? Because it's a freaking co-op game. Stop trying to weaken the team before you go into the real high-level content. Also everything is solo-able. You should definitely try it.

There's a difference between between whining about not getting top damage, and whining about not getting to play the game. If I can sit in a corner with my thumb up my ass, and not notice any difference in how quickly enemies die because of a single frame, that's an issue, and you're willfully ignorant for saying otherwise.

2 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

what i find funny about this post is that no one is complaining about her damage they are complaining about standing in a room with nothing to do. nerfs are an essential part of balancing. seems to me you dont know what balance is in an online multiplayer setting. this isnt a single player game where balance doesnt matter.

One player should not be in a squad of 4 and be able to do the job of 4 period. take mass effect multiplayer or dragon age inquisition multiplayer for examples, you cannot solo those maps. they are designed to be completed by 4 people.

Having Played and played with saryn's in ESO  I can say for a fact a non-active hide in a corner use spore once saryn is easily out damaged by a team that kills fast. First spore can burn out easily without updating. If you kill off a group and spore is out of range it stops working, saryn looses all stacks quickly. Kill enemies so fast spore stacks slowly saryn doesn't deal much damage at all complared to weapons and other warframe abilities. To deal more damage faster saryns depends on her infected staying alive longer.  So there is no such thing as an inactive saryn player that does high damage. It needs management, plus if you stop moving in ESO your going to get shot up quickly. Saryn's will die quite fast.

So goign by my personal experience in Onslought the way people describe there Saryn experience sounds like they read the forums, played the game didn't even try to kill stuff or be active if they get a Saryn on the squad, then come directly here and complain about it more.  Hell, I did a Ember, ignius wraith run to wave 8 and did pretty much my share of damage and kills.  Hell saryns helps you kill them! By the time your AoE nuke or auto weapons with punch through hit everyone is weakened!

Edited by Andaius

48 minutes ago, Xana_Skullsunder said:

There's a difference between between whining about not getting top damage, and whining about not getting to play the game. If I can sit in a corner with my thumb up my ass, and not notice any difference in how quickly enemies die because of a single frame, that's an issue, and you're willfully ignorant for saying otherwise.

A Saryn in ESO sitting in a corner with a thumb up her ass would do horrible in the game. Spore take management and upkeep to keep goign and to grow in damage. Also it's easy for your team to prune your growth by simply killing the enemy fast like the game mode objective is. Spore need enemies in range to spread, If your team wipes the area so fast no one is in range your stacks are being lost. Team killing enemy so fast your stacks don't grow very fast. Spore stacks rely on enemies living longer to gain more stacks. Kill enemies the second spore lands on them, you stop the spread of stacks and spore can burn out.

So a Saryn not constantly keeping track of who's infected, how much infected are active, and if new spawning enemies are in range of new spores all come into play. All of which will not happen with a saryn hiding out of sight of all the enemies.  I invite these people complaining about saryn using these conditions ( casting spore once, and it one shotting the whole room while hiding with no monitoring. All the while having 3 squadies do there best to kill the enemy as fast as they can too.

39 minutes ago, Andaius said:

Having Played and played with saryn's in ESO  I can say for a fact a non-active hide in a corner use spore once saryn is easily out damaged by a team that kills fast. First spore can burn out easily without updating. If you kill off a group and spore is out of range it stops working, saryn looses all stacks quickly. Kill enemies so fast spore stacks slowly saryn doesn't deal much damage at all complared to weapons and other warframe abilities. To deal more damage faster saryns depends on her infected staying alive longer.  So there is no such thing as an inactive saryn player that does high damage. It needs management, plus if you stop moving in ESO your going to get shot up quickly. Saryn's will die quite fast.

So goign by my personal experience in Onslought the way people describe there Saryn experience sounds like they read the forums, played the game didn't even try to kill stuff or be active if they get a Saryn on the squad, then come directly here and complain about it more.  Hell, I did a Ember, ignius wraith run to wave 8 and did pretty much my share of damage and kills.  Hell saryns helps you kill them! By the time your AoE nuke or auto weapons with punch through hit everyone is weakened!

too bad my experience is different. playing as mirage and using strong weapons and prism i would constantly walk in to spots there should be enemies only to find them melted down. people arent just talking nonsense.

having to double the amount of effort just to even make a small contribution is nonsense.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

1 minute ago, EinheriarJudith said:

too bad my experience is different. playing as mirage and using strong weapons and prism i would constantly walk in to spots there should be enemies only to find them melted down. people arent just talking nonsense.

So what you where late to the party? Do you do the same complaining when you hope back to areas cleared by guys using guns? ESO is about killing as fast as possible. The enemies are being killed as fast as possible. Mission objective completed. Do you really have to personally kill each enemy one at a time yourself to NOT complain?

1 minute ago, Andaius said:

So what you where late to the party? Do you do the same complaining when you hope back to areas cleared by guys using guns? ESO is about killing as fast as possible. The enemies are being killed as fast as possible. Mission objective completed. Do you really have to personally kill each enemy one at a time yourself to NOT complain?

excuse me but if i load a mission i expect to play it not stand around and let someone play it for me.

1 minute ago, EinheriarJudith said:

excuse me but if i load a mission i expect to play it not stand around and let someone play it for me.

Your not standing around, Any frame can kill just as fast as Saryn if you try. Hell with the right weapons you can kill faster then a saryn just sitting in a corner purely relying on spore to kill stuff. With AoE and automatics with punch through you'll fell many more enemies then waiting for spore to tick up for 50 or more seconds on max infected to get enough damage to "one shot" level 100 enemies, much less make sure all the enemies on the map are infected.

1 minute ago, Andaius said:

Your not standing around, Any frame can kill just as fast as Saryn if you try. Hell with the right weapons you can kill faster then a saryn just sitting in a corner purely relying on spore to kill stuff. With AoE and automatics with punch through you'll fell many more enemies then waiting for spore to tick up for 50 or more seconds on max infected to get enough damage to "one shot" level 100 enemies, much less make sure all the enemies on the map are infected.

saryn's problem is not her damage. dont know how many times people have to say this. it is the ability to kill enemies off screen. ESO is not the only mission type to have high density enemies. people (including myself) dont like powers that kill enemies in their spawn points or in adjacent rooms. it makes for nothing to do but running around. as i said before move spore to 4 miasma to 3 and toxic lash to 1 and ensure she is not able to kill enemies off screen.

11 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

What a classic way to avoid my argument. Trolling or not, my point still stands.

You posted Ember needs further nerfs. That's either a woeful lack of knowledge of the game or trolling. No "C" option.

Edited by Buttaface

12 hours ago, Hellmaker2004 said:

Almost every single frame in this game is overpowered if you look at them in the area they specialize in.

Sadly to many people confuse feelings with facts, and somehow then base there arguments around that.

No, they aren't. As for the second sentence, yeah, that's you.

Funny how everyone wanted Vauban nerfed a few years back where the main gameplay was ODD, and Loki master race posts before that when endless void was a thing.

FIX ESO not saryn, gara, equinox, volt / any frame who can solo wipe ESO

The moment they add another type of ESO mode that is not simply KILL all X these silly QQ posts go away.

add ESO defense, so we can get some Nerf frost / Limbo posts up in here.

Saryn sucks at SPY

Saryn sucks at rescue

sooo?

simply because you don't care about these types of missions?

Nerf loki / Ivara / Ash / Octavia they can do spy!  it's not fair  I have to sit outside spy on my saryn because i can;t go invisible mhhaaaha maahahaha ....  . 

I mean, rhino is OP in index and this weekend is INDEX... so why not some nerf rhino posts? 

these sorts of posts are really stupid.

If you nerf saryn, all that happens is the next frame steps up.

personally in premade ESO I think equinox DESTROYS saryn I often leave with 70%+ damage vs a saryn 

I can think of at least 10 different frame combinations for wiping ESO.

GARA can solo to wave 8 of eso ... no issues, quite casually, probably faster than saryn

you just don't know about it because people don't understand gara.

Edited by Tatersail

8 minutes ago, Tatersail said:

Funny how everyone wanted Vauban nerfed a few years back where the main gameplay was ODD, and Loki master race posts before that when endless void was a thing.

The moment they add another type of ESO mode that is not simply KILL all X these silly QQ posts go away.

frost/limbo are not deleting the map making people stand there doing nothing. volt? LMAO his ult is limited to couple of uses before simaris turns it off and has fast drop in damage. which is why you dont see to many volts doing it.

people wanted to nerf vauban? where was i for that?

4 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

frost/limbo are not deleting the map making people stand there doing nothing.

Gara is

and frost / limbo are doing the defending.  other frames are just window dressing on a defense. frost can solo any non corpus defense forever.

Lots of frames have the ability to break mission types.

Vauban can put 5 min vortex at the 4 spawn points on any interception and then the other 3 players have no function. 

but... nobody cares because interception is not the current "mission of the month" eso seems to be.  which is why I think we need new ESO mission types.

Edited by Tatersail

11 минут назад, Tatersail сказал:

not realy, there rounds with a lot of nullifiers, and limbo kinda scared of them while disrupting his own and teamates sight to shot them, and frost bubble just have a lot of hp and not immortal, and he can`t stack up shole 1 million hp with cooldowns. And he doesnt protect from melee enemies.

Just now, EinheriarJudith said:

people wanted to nerf vauban? where was i for that?

Never happened, they just make things up to say. Just more game forum fiction. I recall some minor nerfing to bastille target cap, and the same kind of target caps should definitely be implemented on all AOE cheeze.

What -was- nerfed down hard, and rightly so, was the Equinox/Resonance synergy.

And to reiterate, back in those days, doing 40+ waves of ODD or T4D could actually be challenging due to less power creep, no operators, less powerful mods and weapons, etc. Radial cheese in those days -was- a near requirement to maximize void keys and get as many C rotations into one match as possible. Certainly no longer the case. Now we have a trivialized game full of tryhards doing what tryhards do in every game, "MUHKILLZ!" and hilariously, WF is not and has never been -that- game where it matters. WF is a casual shooter hybrid

The more I read these threads, the more I realize DE is playing "tryhard treadmill." Instead of ripping the bandaid off and addressing all radial AOE crutches at one time for the good of the game, they do this obviously purposeful "nerf carousel" of the type in many other games to keep the tryhards engaged in switching to the new flavor of the month OP cheeze. IMO, it's sharp business practice in online gaming generally that DE should rise above.

18 minutes ago, miomima said:

not realy, there rounds with a lot of nullifiers, and limbo kinda scared of them while disrupting his own and teamates sight to shot them, and frost bubble just have a lot of hp and not immortal, and he can`t stack up shole 1 million hp with cooldowns. And he doesnt protect from melee enemies.

you don't understand how frost works. his globe absorbs damage until you get to Ex00 numbers.  his 4 can freeze the map solid for 10-20 seconds.. no melee...  the globe also pushes mobs out on cast.

Edited by Tatersail

1 minute ago, Buttaface said:

Never happened, they just make things up to say. Just more game forum fiction. I recall some minor nerfing to bastille target cap, and the same kind of target caps should definitely be implemented on all AOE cheeze.

What -was- nerfed down hard, and rightly so, was the Equinox/Resonance synergy.

And to reiterate, back in those days, doing 40+ waves of ODD or T4D could actually be challenging due to less power creep, no operators, less powerful mods and weapons, etc. Radial cheese in those days -was- a near requirement to maximize void keys and get as many C rotations into one match as possible. Certainly no longer the case. Now we have a trivialized game full of tryhards doing what tryhards do in every game, "MUHKILLZ!" and hilariously, WF is not and has never been -that- game where it matters. WF is a casual shooter hybrid

The more I read these threads, the more I realize DE is playing "tryhard treadmill." Instead of ripping the bandaid off and addressing all radial AOE crutches at one time for the good of the game, they do this obviously purposeful "nerf carousel" of the type in many other games to keep the tryhards engaged in switching to the new flavor of the month OP cheeze. IMO, it's sharp business practice in online gaming generally that DE should rise above.

i miss those days =(.