Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival changes

PakkiTheDog

Survival is my favorite game mode in warframe. The longer you go the harder it gets and that's fun. Pushing the limit with different warframes and different weapons. But there is a problem that a lot of players force extract you. Either they come up with an excuse that they have to do something IRL, or that they are just bored. Or another one is that they want to camp...in survival :facepalm:. If you want to camp go defense.

I get it, don't be selfish, but this is a two way streak. You don't start survival with pub if you know you only have 5 min. And i know what people will immediately say, what they always say when there is a problem with matchmaking, go recruit. But that is not a real solution, that is avoiding the problem.

So here are a couple of ideas on how to improve survival:

1. What pretty much everybody wants: Separate evacuations!!!!!

2. Extra options before you start survival that lock evacuation for a certain period of time. Meaning that for instance you choose a 20 min survival and the evacuation is available after the 20 min/4 relics are opened. Now ofc you can go longer, but you can't exit before certain period of time. This way you'd get matchmaked with other long runners.

3. Better rewards the longer you go, or after 1h you get a special void trace whit which you can make your relic like the old keys worked - that it can be used multiple times in one mission.

If anyone else has some good ideas on how to make survival awesome again, would love to hear them.

1 hour ago, PakkiTheDog said:

I'm definitely in favor of this, and not just for Survival. Individual extraction just in general is a good idea, and the only limitation right now, as far as I see it, is tech, which is an obstacle that can be overcome. Perhaps relic missions may have to work differently, or just not have individual extraction, but otherwise letting players extract on their own is a good idea.

2. Extra options before you start survival that lock evacuation for a certain period of time. Meaning that for instance you choose a 20 min survival and the evacuation is available after the 20 min/4 relics are opened. Now ofc you can go longer, but you can't exit before certain period of time. This way you'd get matchmaked with other long runners.

This I'm less in favor of, as I think it creates more options than are needed, and risk inconveniencing players who may have tried going to an extended run, but find themselves prisoner when they have to leave earlier than anticipated. Personally, I think the answer to this, and not just in Survival, should be to make difficulty scale based on the number of players in a mission (e.g. more life support drops, fewer enemies, slower life support drain, etc.). Ideally, one player leaving should be of no consequence to the remaining players looking to continue, as difficulty would then adjust to give them the same challenge.

3. Better rewards the longer you go, or after 1h you get a special void trace whit which you can make your relic like the old keys worked - that it can be used multiple times in one mission.

Definitely agree with this. Personally, I'd like the rotation system to change to ABC, rather than the current AABC rotation deliberately implemented to inconvenience players, and I'd like there to be a per-cycle multiplier: players on the first ABC cycle should receive one reward per rotation, players on the second could receive two, and so on. Giving major additional milestone bonuses every hour would cater directly to endurance runners, and so I think is a brilliant idea.

Personally, here's also what I'd want:

• An option to make any Star Chart mission elite. For example, equipping a certain gear item could severely limit your health, shields and damage (like a Dragon Key on steroids) as if you were personally facing level 100 enemies immediately, while increasing your rewards proportionately and preferentially matching you with players with the same item, with perhaps also a limitation on revives. In fact, this system could replace Dragon Keys outright, and just omit the Hobbled effect while keeping the others at modified values. The alternative could be to simply add an elite option  to all missions on the star chart that would directly put you in with level 100 opponents.
  • For Survival specifically, I think the solution to camping should be to change the spawning algorithm a bit: instead of spawning enemies right outside of where players are, the mission should spawn half of its enemies right outside, and the other half deeper in the next rooms, with enemies there taking up defensive formations, or otherwise just not seeking out players. Eventually, the flow of enemies towards camping players would dry up, and instead the nearby rooms would fill up with nearby enemies waiting to be killed, which would force players to come to them, instead of the other way round. Ideally, this should also work in such a way that players staying the same, large room should be able to stay in for reasonable amounts of time so long as they genuinely move around.
Edited by Teridax68

@Teridax68 I agree with your thought on Option 3 for survivals. The other way i can think of doing this is for life support to expend faster the longer you play and/or the life support pillars delivered throughout the match could expire/take damage and become unusable forcing players to move deeper into the level if they want to replenish. 

2 hours ago, PakkiTheDog said:

This has no chance of happening unless the devs do a complete 180 from their current stance on scaling rewards and there being no chance of anything like the old Void returning.

5 hours ago, PakkiTheDog said:

. Or another one is that they want to camp...in survival :facepalm:. If you want to camp go defense.

If you want to do a Endurance Run in a Survival (Especially Solo), you have to Camp because of how much time it takes for the enemies to come towards you without any type of Radar mods. If you run away from the Squad to find enemies, your team would have less enemies from where they are at and you would have more enemies from where you are at. Even when you are playing in Selkie or Mot, you would run i to this issue and ruin the Life Support drops for the Squad. If DE fix that issue now, then we don’t have to camp in one room to have a Efficient high level Survival Run (200+) in a team or Solo. 

5 hours ago, PakkiTheDog said:

So here are a couple of ideas on how to improve survival:

But these would be nice Improvements for Survivals.

Edited by VPrime96

4 hours ago, PakkiTheDog said:

Totally against this thanks to having missions such as survivals fall apart or start a chain reaction of quits just because one guy rage quit.

This is a better idea, but honestly it's just a faster and automated way of using recruiting chat

With each full rotation increase Endo/Credit amounts, lower mod chances thus highering the other items rarity, give a chance for a higher refined relic. 

41 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

If you want to do a Endurance Eun in a Survival (Especially Solo), you have to Camp because of how much time it takes for the enemies to come towards you without any type of Radar mods. If you run away from the Squad to find enemies, your team would have less enemies from where they are at and you would have more enemies from where you are at. Even when you are playing in Selkie or Mot, you would run i to this issue and ruin the Life Support drops for the Squad. If DE fix that issue now, then we don’t have to camp in one room to have a Efficient high level Survival Run (200+) in a team or Solo. 

I never have difficulty with life support when i roam, there are plenty of enemies spawns and as long as everybody is killing enemies on their end that should be enough. But i do agree  that you have to stick close to the squad as the enemies get tougher for those revives. However the type of camping i meant is when one player wants to get the most kills and demands that everybody hides in a small room while he tries to DPS.

I had a recent encounter with a premade duo that went into pub, one was trinity and another was banshee. The banshee guy basically made me and the other guy an ultimatum, we camp and he tries to dps (he was more CC-ing) or he and his buddy force evac us... and they did.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)deathwolfclaw666 said:

Totally against this thanks to having missions such as survivals fall apart or start a chain reaction of quits just because one guy rage quit.

I agree, one thing i fear the most about survival is getting a failed host migration, but if it works with defens and interception... why can't they implement something similar here? 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)deathwolfclaw666 said:

With each full rotation increase Endo/Credit amounts, lower mod chances thus highering the other items rarity, give a chance for a higher refined relic. 

Idk about you but i feel like endo and credits are being rewarded pretty much everywhere and i for one would much rather have some other rewards. Getting more refined relics however would be nice. Maybe even a small chance of getting a vaulted one? 😄