Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring Back Upper Level In Indoor Corpus Defense!

Vard

How is this even abusable? You need to be down there to either protect the pod or collect oxygen so it's not like you're exploiting anything that's giving you an advantage.

Actually it is totally abusable. A lone Vauban backed by 3 maxed energy siphon could keep a perma Bastille going from up there (assuming he's got all duration and efficiency mods maxed) the Vauban can pretty much stay there forever.

As for how you could have gotten up there without abilities, you used to wallrun up the elevator shaft which is now blocked.

Hey everyone,

I hear you. Let me explain why this happened and what is gonna happen in the foreseeable future.

a) "OMG! Why did you block top level?!"

One word answer: pressure. We had to make sure the level is as exploit free as possible from the design side to be good to go for the survival weekend event. Properly integrating the top level into gameplay would have taken way too much time to be done in time for the event.

So the decision was made to block it off. It was easy to go for this decision as the top level was never properly utilized for gameplay anyway. Thanks to this feedback thread though I could finally justify taking the time to take it to the next level (sorry bout that!).

b) "OMG! Who cares?! Bring it back!"

Yes. As we speak, I am working on making the top level accessible again AND making sure it is properly integrated into gameplay. AI will be able to get there, there will be proper cover and proper spawns for lockers, crates and all the good stuff. Then it needs to be tested by QA to make sure no new exploits crept into the level because of this addition, then it will be updated on the servers.

When? I'd reckon with U10 which will be soon.

Thanks for your feedback and hopefully for your understanding.

Edited by Killerkarpfen

It's still not fixed.

I can see blocking it for the Event but it should have been brought back.

As it stands is fine imho. You can still get up there, but you need to do some serious parkour. It's an exploit when it's easy to get up there, but at the moment getting up there is more of an achievement.

As it stands is fine imho. You can still get up there, but you need to do some serious parkour. It's an exploit when it's easy to get up there, but at the moment getting up there is more of an achievement.

It wasnt an exploit, there was a clear path to the top level where there was loot to pick up. It was a one of those secret areas that all levels have.

But apparently it became a problem with this new mission type so they got rid of the clear path provided.

Hey everyone,

I hear you. Let me explain why this happened and what is gonna happen in the foreseeable future.

a) "OMG! Why did you block top level?!"

One word answer: pressure. We had to make sure the level is as exploit free as possible from the design side to be good to go for the survival weekend event. Properly integrating the top level into gameplay would have taken way too much time to be done in time for the event.

So the decision was made to block it off. It was easy to go for this decision as the top level was never properly utilized for gameplay anyway. Thanks to this feedback thread though I could finally justify taking the time to take it to the next level (sorry bout that!).

b) "OMG! Who cares?! Bring it back!"

Yes. As we speak, I am working on making the top level accessible again AND making sure it is properly integrated into gameplay. AI will be able to get there, there will be proper cover and proper spawns for lockers, crates and all the good stuff. Then it needs to be tested by QA to make sure no new exploits crept into the level because of this addition, then it will be updated on the servers.

When? I'd reckon with U10 which will be soon.

Thanks for your feedback and hopefully for your understanding.

We all understood the reasoning for it and this only makes it cooler. However, I would like to make the following suggestions:

* Snipers up there will be using mostly slow rate of fire weapons with low-to-semi high damage, trash mobs probably would fit them better than heavy mobs

* since the area is decidedly low risk, there should be a drawback to being up there. The immediate thing I can think of is having any overflowing mobs spawning up there jump down onto the pod. Yeah, you're a sniper on a perch? Keep that area clean or suffer the consequences!

I used to get up the catwalk overlooking the pod with an Ogris, since using an Ogris in an Infested defense isn't a bright idea when your using a squishy frame trying to run away an get some distance to safely fire a rocket at a speeding charger without worrying about getting hit by your own rocket aoe. I only went up there with an Ogris, anyother weapon and I just stayed at the bottom since they start getting weaker at higher waves.

Yes, please.

Just removing my ability to Nova/Loki my way around the room during defense made it so much less fun..

If anything its more abusable with Loki now than it was before (which was not at all). 

Want to float above the map walking on an invisible floor that you can shoot through? Tele Swap.
Want to trap your teammates to grief the match? Tele Swap.

Just return it back to how it was, please..

Edited by Flackenstien

i saw that change, and found myself unable to place a wormhole up there, as if there was an invisible wall. it was odd. i don't have a Loki though, but he's the ONLY other frame that could get up there. 

as for gameplay, maybe it's balance, but it seems weird to have loot up there, but two frames being the only ones that could theoretically reach it.

this does sound reasonable, though to be honest, if you were on the top floor, you'd run out of Oxygen quickly, you don't have any enemies up there.

so it doesn't sound like an issue to me.

edit:

maybe. actually, now that sounds decently reasonable. players can't just AFK up there. 

though, that's not the only place on any defense map where you're 100% safe from enemies :p

but i approve of the effort.

I think they blocked it off to stop the afkers from leeching off on the event but I could be wrong 

What about fixing the elevator and thus allowing for every frame to go up there?

Dont put spawn points in the upper level, because that area was made for snipers. I known some players hate snipers shooting from a long distance, but they have to live with it.

Maybe you can duplicate the map, have one version for defense and other for survival. In the one for defense the elevator is fixed, in the one for survival the elevator remains broken.

Edited by Wolfstorm18