Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring Back Upper Level In Indoor Corpus Defense!

Vard

Please unblock the upper levels in indoor corpus defense maps. If you don't want players to be untouchable up there, then you shouldn't cripple the players, you should make the enemies better and capable of reaching up there.

What DE did is lazy and insulting to clever and crafty tenno.

Edited by Vard

what but why? i dont think they did it so you wouldn't be invincible i think they did it because if to many players decided on just camping up there its a bit of self-sabotage, besides there are still a few places you can get that the infested cant get you at even with their bs super jumps

The team i always do it with has me up top with an ogris/sniper, and everyone else down below. its really unfair that they block sensible players who use it reasonably just because a few jerks abused it

Kinda easy to defend the pod if you get 1-2 tenno shooting rockets at it nonstop. 500-some Ogris rockets with a fully upgraded Ogris, means you don't have to worry about anything hitting you and you just keep shooting near the pod.

The ONLY times that xini has been actually fun to play, rather than a place to grind for xp, was when we had a mag in the upper levels pulling all the mobs around the place.

Also, infested movement is a bit buggier now. they're coming from behind the platform, getting stuck in the pod to the left a lot.

There's no excuse for removing the only fun parts of a mission, and making it irritating to play there instead.

I bet some skillful parkour-ers are able to get up there.

I was able to get up there with Loki. There were canisters and stuff.

i saw that change, and found myself unable to place a wormhole up there, as if there was an invisible wall. it was odd. i don't have a Loki though, but he's the ONLY other frame that could get up there. 

as for gameplay, maybe it's balance, but it seems weird to have loot up there, but two frames being the only ones that could theoretically reach it.

I believe its just until the event is over

this does sound reasonable, though to be honest, if you were on the top floor, you'd run out of Oxygen quickly, you don't have any enemies up there.

so it doesn't sound like an issue to me.

edit:

Leechers

maybe. actually, now that sounds decently reasonable. players can't just AFK up there. 

though, that's not the only place on any defense map where you're 100% safe from enemies :p

but i approve of the effort.

Edited by taiiat

Please unblock the upper levels in indoor corpus defense maps. If you don't want players to be untouchable up there, then you shouldn't cripple the players, you should make the enemies better and capable of reaching up there.

What DE did is lazy and insulting to clever and crafty tenno.

They closed it for all maps?

I thought this was only done for the Survival mission so people wouldn't just chill on top killing from there.

That sucks.

Excalibur can Super Jump directly onto the rafters from the pod with +45% power strength; jumping from other areas is even easier.

Not only that, but every single warframe can parkour to the windows and walljump up to the top of the building, and jump down to the "second level". Now, you just can't get back down.

I did some thinking and I can see why they don't let us get up there anymore.

In Survival, all you'd have to do is stick 1 Tenno up there with a sniper type weapon or an Ogris. Since nothing can get up there, and Infestation have no truly ranged attacks, you are absolutely guaranteed success -- the only time the mission fails is if you don't last long enough (5min?) and if all 4 Tenno die, which is 100% impossible if one of them is out of reach.

So they made it impossible to get up there, and I wholly support it.

I did some thinking and I can see why they don't let us get up there anymore.

In Survival, all you'd have to do is stick 1 Tenno up there with a sniper type weapon or an Ogris. Since nothing can get up there, and Infestation have no truly ranged attacks, you are absolutely guaranteed success -- the only time the mission fails is if you don't last long enough (5min?) and if all 4 Tenno die, which is 100% impossible if one of them is out of reach.

So they made it impossible to get up there, and I wholly support it.

my point is they shouldnt block it off to tenno, they should make it so infested can get up there

my point is they shouldnt block it off to tenno, they should make it so infested can get up there

And how exactly do you propose that infested should be able to get up there, mmm?

Do they have rocket jetpacks now or something?

I really don't like this decision either because it limits exploration. If anything, maps should be altered to make way for more exploration, not the other way around. I'm really hoping DE makes this an event only thing and then unblocks the upper level when it's finished. If DE wants to make things harder on snipers up there, have a few enemies spawn every once in a while and then jump down on the pod instead.