Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reasons Why This Event Is Better Than The Previous Ones..

wkfire

- It will really last from Friday to Tuesday. 

There is no % bar for completion, meaning the event will not end earlier and players will all have an equal chance to get the rewards :)

- Quality over quantity

The top clan of Ghost Tier has clocked nearly 1 hour while the top clan of Moon Tier only has 30 minutes. This shows that the event does not favour quantity (Scores are mean and not sum), which is good, because clans with only 301 members in the Moon Tier can now have a decent chance of topping the Tier. 

- Average score (No more grind)

This also means that once we get the points (in this case, timing) that we are satisfied with, we can stop 'farming' over and over again. The only grind we have to do is to improve our score, which feels more like an achievement instead of boring grinds. 

Of course there are more feedbacks, good or bad, but yeah I only just had my first game. 

It was enjoyable, thank you DE :)

I do agree, this event is much more enjoyable than previous ones.  But I didn't have a problem with the percentage to completion.  It seemed pretty straight forward that the mission would end once we hit 100%... I don't see how others didn't see that coming..

I do agree, this event is much more enjoyable than previous ones.  But I didn't have a problem with the percentage to completion.  It seemed pretty straight forward that the mission would end once we hit 100%... I don't see how others didn't see that coming..

Yeah me too, I didn't have any issues with that, but other players who have to work or have other RL stuffs over the weekend assumed that the event will last throughout the period (In the previous event, 6 days) and so they weren't too happy about it. Now DE has solved it :)

My main thing is....

Will this be playable Solo after the event when we change raids to survival?

There are Raids on Mercury, Venus, and Earth... can a newbie reasonably be able to finish this solo?

The 2nd mission in the game is a Raid. If we change Raids to Survival, will a newbie be *required* to group or die on the 2nd Mission in the game?

Edited by Xylia

My main thing is....

Will this be playable Solo?

There are Raids on Mercury, Venus, and Earth... can a newbie reasonably be able to finish this solo?

The 2nd mission in the game is a Raid. If we change Raids to Survival, will a newbie be *required* to group or die?

At level 15 a Skana will still 2 shot chargers.

A newbie will be fine.

At level 15 a Skana will still 2 shot chargers.

A newbie will be fine.

Last I checked you had to survive at least 5 minutes, and by then you're facing things a lot higher than Level 15...more like 25 or so.

But then I'd assume it being Mercury, it'd start at Lv1 instead of Lv15... let's hope, anyways. And even then, the newbie has to let the oxygen run out and NOT die after he's survived long enough to qualify for Mission Complete.

Nah, this event is less fun.

- We dont know how the Alert system works so you could end up not getting an alert close to the ending which will, of course, get the late folks complaining like always.

- The most organized clans will be on top... that isnt going to change for this event that isnt going to change for any event.

- You need to reach a required time for the rewards which is EXACTLY the same as previous events and their required points. And in those previous events the time needed to reach those requirement wasnt anything more than a couple of hours. Depending on how you group and how it turns out you may end up doing this as long as the required time of previous events. Which wasnt that long, by the way.

This event is less fun because after getting the time, so far, there is little reason for me to go on to try for longer cause i dont have a group of dedicated folks i can coordinate with. So this event is even MORE group oriented than previous events.

Nah, people figured that DE had enough sense to let players use their remaining Void Keys after the bar hit 100% before the event ended. Doesn't really matter anymore, since we can get the mods from Nightmare now.

Nah, this event is less fun.

- We dont know how the Alert system works so you could end up not getting an alert close to the ending which will, of course, get the late folks complaining like always.

- The most organized clans will be on top... that isnt going to change for this event that isnt going to change for any event.

- You need to reach a required time for the rewards which is EXACTLY the same as previous events and their required points. And in those previous events the time needed to reach those requirement wasnt anything more than a couple of hours. Depending on how you group and how it turns out you may end up doing this as long as the required time of previous events. Which wasnt that long, by the way.

This event is less fun because after getting the time, so far, there is little reason for me to go on to try for longer cause i dont have a group of dedicated folks i can coordinate with. So this event is even MORE group oriented than previous events.

I myself solo it on my 4th attempt and hit 25 minutes.

Rhinos or any press 4 to win frame can do it easily.

And keeping the big oxygen tanks for last will do.

Anyway there is a reason to play this, because Plastids and Orokin cells.

I'm currently trying to solo the event alert and it's pretty fun. Just hit 19 minutes and 56 seconds.

This event is an improvement over the last one.

1. Lore-related event. Arid Fear and Slingstone also featured this aspect and I found both of them quite nice to play with some backstory to go through.

2. Solo-viable. 20 minutes limit for reward is rather reasonable for most frames in solo mode. Group will have a big advantage if they manage to play with coordination and host's Internet has enough upload. Solo is a viable choice for this event.

3. No early expiration. Both Slingstone and Arid fear were ended before the actual deadline (but I don't mind that, the event descriptions were pretty clear that both of them had dual termination condition) and players went crazy over both of them. Arid fear did end too soon for a 6 days event though.

4. A good alternate game mode for offensive frames. No need for Frost's Globe anymore.

The bad.

1. RNG-dependent oxygen drop. It's hard to reach 20 minutes with solo due to oxygen not dropping enough to continue. Sometimes it rains oxygen, sometimes a drough.

2. It actually make Nova even more dominating frame. Just show the problem with ultimates' design and energy system in a pretty flashy way.

- It will really last from Friday to Tuesday. 

There is no % bar for completion, meaning the event will not end earlier and players will all have an equal chance to get the rewards :)

- Quality over quantity

The top clan of Ghost Tier has clocked nearly 1 hour while the top clan of Moon Tier only has 30 minutes. This shows that the event does not favour quantity (Scores are mean and not sum), which is good, because clans with only 301 members in the Moon Tier can now have a decent chance of topping the Tier. 

1. Actually this event has a single, defense like, mode with a new item model as opposed to corpus in void, grineer battle ships with 3 usable items etc. If anything, this event depends on the quantity, as in for people to just grind these alerts aimlessly.(reaching top times was already proved a fools errand because of RNG)

While I've got nothing, except the RNG, against the event, far less effort went into making this one than any other. I guess DE figured out the immature masses, give em the grind without a deadline and any sort of collective effort and they'll eat it up like the brainless horde they are.

That's... not a remotely pleasant way of looking at the event. I completed that event and even I was a little disheartened with the Corpus void being so short. People aren't being immature when they're attending their jobs, hanging out with their family or playing things other than Warframe for a day and expect to have a shot to do it when they're in the mood to play again. I really enjoyed this event's simplicity that being said, I do agree that the oxygen drops could use some work.

That's... not a remotely pleasant way of looking at the event. I completed that event and even I was a little disheartened with the Corpus void being so short. People aren't being immature when they're attending their jobs, hanging out with their family or playing things other than Warframe for a day and expect to have a shot to do it when they're in the mood to play again. I really enjoyed this event's simplicity that being said, I do agree that the oxygen drops could use some work.

Also, I got corpus void done in a few hours. If they couldn't do the same. Yeah, not to mention that they could'v noticed how fast the phases were progressing, and stepped in in time. There was absolutely no excuse for not getting the rewards.

Edited by DEMegan
insulting

1. Lol, I guess you were one of those crying their asses off when the event ended prematurely and your lazy &#! didn't get nothing.

2. Actually this event has a single, defense like, mode with a new item model as opposed to corpus in void, grineer battle ships with 3 usable items etc. If anything, this event depends on the quantity, as in for people to just grind these alerts aimlessly.(reaching top times was already proved a fools errand because of RNG)

While I've got nothing, except the RNG, against the event, far less effort went into making this one than any other. I guess DE figured out the immature masses, give em the grind without a deadline and any sort of collective effort and they'll eat it up like the brainless horde they are.

Yeah me too, I didn't have any issues with that, but other players who have to work or have other RL stuffs over the weekend assumed that the event will last throughout the period (In the previous event, 6 days) and so they weren't too happy about it. Now DE has solved it :)

Nope, I guess you are blind enough not to see that I am not one of those 'immature' peeps. Or just simply too lazy to read on the whole thread. Oh wait, that makes you one of the 'lazy &#!' too. Well..

1. Lol, I guess you were one of those crying their asses off when the event ended prematurely and your lazy &#! didn't get nothing.

lol the 'lazy' excuse never gets old. Funny how most of the people who were mad were those who had dozens of void keys and planned to use them together with their friends, or folks who believed that the timer was how long the event would last, and not how much time they had left. At least DE more than made up for it, and the mods are now obtainable in Nightmare