Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nezha rework vs Rhino/Prime Changes

Galabraek

Spoiler

Ok Disclaimer:

This is what I've noticed with Rhino/Prime Vs. The new Nezha build, so you might have a different experience with it.

End Disclaimer:

With the release of Nezha with his new synergy kit.

Ive noticed a few things with that.

Builds:

Nezha:

Warding halo: Invulnerability absorption scales pretty good then once the period is done it stacks into a huge pool of shield.

Rhino/Prime:

Iron skin: Pretty much the same thing with the same effect but the problem being is that it should be doing what warding halo does except on Rhino/Prime

Clarification:

Rhino/Prime should get that like Nezha in a sense, because of the way they handled the ability for warding halo. Not to say get rid of the invulnerability, but just make the stats for the invulnerability more clear instead of what we have right now.

Iron Skin changes:

1. Hes invulnerable for a few seconds to absorb damage

2. He adds that damage absorption to his pool of Iron Skin health.

3. It also should have a better icon to visually show how much health Iron Skin have like Warding Halo but for Iron Skin but make the icon Unique to Rhino/Prime much like Warding Halo is to Nezha.

Images to provide context:

Warding Halo:

https://imgur.com/FTo7z8l

VS.

Iron Skin:

https://imgur.com/6VxB7p5

Conclusion:

From an interface standpoint, its becomes clearer to me that this needs to be represented better in the sense that, Rhino/Prime either needs a rework or just a few more tweaks to his abilities nothing crazy or anything but I don't know how I would change Rhino/Prime. All I'm saying is that Nezha got the treatment just right, the fact that Rhino/Prime doesn't have the interface to look at that for the sake of you can look at the stats for Iron skin not like Warding Halo, Obviously but make the context of the two effects of his Iron Skin clearer.

Just now, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Didn't they just add a new indicator for iron skin health when they released the new nezha?

Technically yes, but I'm saying make it function for the stats page for the abilities. In making it clearer for whats going on for the damage absorption how long it lasts or something of that nature. if you looked the pictures i provided in the links and put the abilities side by side then it makes more sense.

1 minute ago, Galabraek said:

Technically yes, but I'm saying make it function for the stats page for the abilities. In making it clearer for whats going on for the damage absorption how long it lasts or something of that nature. if you looked the pictures i provided in the links and put the abilities side by side then it makes more sense.

seems fine to me, unlike warding halo now iron skin never had a multiplier due to the fact it was pure damage absorbtion. They added the multiplier to halo since its only a reduction now.

3 minutes ago, Jivy said:

that takes away the point of rhino hes meant to take damage

However his first part of his ability is:

Absorb the damage given and added to his iron skin pool after 3 seconds.

So no it doesn't it makes it clearer on whats going on for his abilities and what they are doing.

1 minute ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

seems fine to me, unlike warding halo now iron skin never had a multiplier due to the fact it was pure damage absorbtion. They added the multiplier to halo since its only a reduction now.

However, I'm not saying that, I'm saying is that why cant the ability do the same thing for Rhino/Prime.

Pointing something out on my post:

I did put a disclaimer at the top of the post before anything, so please read that first.

Just now, Omega-Shadowblade said:

So let me make sure I'm getting this right. You're asking why Iron skin doesn't scale like the new warding halo?

In some respects yeah, but from an interface stand point why can't you have a unique icon for rhino/prime, like Warding Halo? I mean sure it would make Iron Skin over powered as all hell in that respect, however, I'm saying the interface can be a bit clearer about whats going for the ability as previously stated before.

Just now, Galabraek said:

In some respects yeah, but from an interface stand point why can't you have a unique icon for rhino/prime, like Warding Halo? I mean sure it would make Iron Skin over powered as all hell in that respect, however, I'm saying the interface can be a bit clearer about whats going for the ability as previously stated before.

Icon's like that do take time to design (its an animated icon not static), and well, rhino wasn't the focus this time round. Maybe in the future they'll give it more flair.

Also seems you weren't actually thinking bout scaling but I'll make a point anyways, Iron skin isn't going to be allowed to scale like warding halo (or at the very least it won't be affected by power strength), due to how Rhino's armor affects the hp of it (ironclad charge), and the fact that it makes you completely invincible while its up. The two features can't interact like that, It allows TOO much time invulnerable to everything if it gets a multiplier.

6 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Icon's like that do take time to design (its an animated icon not static), and well, rhino wasn't the focus this time round. Maybe in the future they'll give it more flair.

Also seems you weren't actually thinking bout scaling but I'll make a point anyways, Iron skin isn't going to be allowed to scale like warding halo (or at the very least it won't be affected by power strength), due to how Rhino's armor affects the hp of it (ironclad charge), and the fact that it makes you completely invincible while its up. The two features can't interact like that, It allows TOO much time invulnerable to everything if it gets a multiplier.

Good point...I forgot about the augment for rhino charge.

The multiplier  on wading halo is garbage now. I got my halo up to 96k and died with 96k halo shield. It will no longer save you. Health orbs are great but they wont keep you alive at high level. Nezha is now a very bad cc / healer. Bottom of the barrel. This is coming from a long time tank nezha fan. 

3 minutes ago, M1lfhun73r said:

The multiplier  on wading halo is garbage now. I got my halo up to 96k and died with 96k halo shield. It will no longer save you. Health orbs are great but they wont keep you alive at high level. Nezha is now a very bad cc / healer. Bottom of the barrel. This is coming from a long time tank nezha fan. 

how's your build? So far nothing's been even scratching me while my halo's up.

12 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

how's your build? So far nothing's been even scratching me while my halo's up.

Well, the build now is to not exceed 15k shields because any more than that is pointless. I was running a tank build. 296 strength and it was so fun to melee all the things and only refresh the shield now and then. If I was a Firewalker or CC build I would be happy with the outcome of this rework. Those of use who were tanky builds got S.h.i_t canned. I have a picture of me with 93k shield a split second before I died. Broken ass frame now. 

https://imgur.com/a/45alADP

Edited by M1lfhun73r

Just now, M1lfhun73r said:

Well, the build now is to not exceed 15k shields because any more than that is pointless. I was running a tank build. 296 strength and it was so fun to melee all the things and only refresh the shield now and then. If I was a Firewalker or CC build I would be happy with the outcome of this rework. Those of use who were tanky builds got S#&$ canned. I have a picture of me with 93k shield a split second before I died. Broken ass frame now. 

https://imgur.com/a/45alADP

K but what mods? With Health conversion you'll constantly have a huge amount of DR even after the warding halo reduction for example. It kept me heavily protected even on damage boosted sortie 3.

1 minute ago, M1lfhun73r said:

Thanks, that made a big difference. I feel slightly better about it now. 

no problem. As a last tip, if you get super low even with halo up, spear a bunch of enemies then bounce the reaping halo around them. The second chakram also applies its own orb drop multiplier so you'll get a huge  amount of red orbs from even a small group.