Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant quest needs some QoL tunes

(PSN)watt4hem

Just got around to actually doing the quest (had to level up my quill) and i gotta say, this felt like the most unfinished quest to date.

- no pannel in the codex.

- needs parts built to proceed, and given how bad the drop rates are, it breaks the flow of the story.

- "speak with konzu" -> konzu is same as ever with no indication to farm and build a part other than the previous 1 line in the plains from nakak.

- no indications in the quest tab in navigation, even limbo has them.

Tl;dr it doesn't flow well to play in 1 sitting. At least with others that needed their parts to be built (mirage, inaroa, etc.) They are straightforward and gave it in the quest. That they are relevant to. And the ones that didn't give them out (octavia, harrow, etc.) doesn't need them to finish the story.

I'm probably just nitpicking here but still it annoys me more than that index session in glast gambit.

the wording in-game could be clearer, I referenced the guide that Rebecca put up. I also had to ask if it was possible to farm and build Revenant parts before progressing the quest without messing it up, turns out you can. I still need the Neuroptics, but once I get and build them it should progress to the final part where you get the main BP.

this can be said for a lot of things in warframe though, one of it's major flaws is that it doesn't tell you much, which is fine for cinematic quests and stuff like that, but for mini-quests like Mask of the Revenant, which already has a short guide on this site, you may as well have one in game as well.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

the wording in-game could be clearer, I referenced the guide that Rebecca put up. I also had to ask if it was possible to farm and build Revenant parts before progressing the quest without messing it up, turns out you can. I still need the Neuroptics, but once I get and build them it should progress to the final part where you get the main BP.

this can be said for a lot of things in warframe though, one of it's major flaws is that it doesn't tell you much, which is fine for cinematic quests and stuff like that, but for mini-quests like Mask of the Revenant, which already has a short guide on this site, you may as well have one in game as well.

I mean i get that warframe doesn't hold hands, that was a big appeal to me. But this is next level kinda deserting with literally nothing to go with after the first mission. I've looked up guides so i guess that's that, just wished they' polish it a bit considering it's one of the earlier quest, progressionwise.

It was clearly a rushed "quest", much felt half done. "Talk to Konzu" he should have had a line or two.

Also a quest codex directing you to Quills where you will be told that he had Nakad making a special mask but we need to find a resource. Maybe from defeating a Eidolon to get some special thing that only drops when quest have started, so Nakak  can finish the mask build.

2 hours ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

- "speak with konzu" -> konzu is same as ever with no indication to farm and build a part other than the previous 1 line in the plains from nakak.

- no indications in the quest tab in navigation, even limbo has them.

Those are my two biggest issues with the quest. 

It just doesn't tell you what to do and it doesn't tell you in a way that one can easily come to the conclusion that the quest is simply broken. 

Konzu really needs a voice line that indicates to the player what they should do and it can be kinda cryptic/thematic but it needs to accomplish two things. 

1. Fulfilling the implication that Konzu is going to interact with the player in any way shape and or form.
  2. Give the player an idea of what even the heck they are supposed to be doing. 

Maybe treat the Warden as some sort of Osteron boogyman with a bit of color/flavor lore, suggest to the player that the Grineer have been unearthing some strange artifacts farther out on the plains and that maybe if the player was to build/re-build them that they might resonate with the visions of the Warden. EG Go do higher level bounties and build the stuff you find. 

Cause currently the quest just sorta leaves you totally hanging.