Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Capture mission "Fix".

(XBOX)Th3BelovedSaint

Capture mission "Fix" and oxium farming

Th3BelovedSaintToday at 09:01

By instituting the bleedout timer on a capture target, you have taken away the best avenue players had to obtain the oxium needed for building warframes that require this resource. If you are going to remove the ability to efficiently farm oxium, you need to put in something to permit players to obtain decent quantities of this resource. Put in an equivalent to the kuva survival. That, or make the ospreys drop more oxium or reduce the amount required to build items requiring it. 10 to 20 oxium per run is simply not worth the effort. Please explain why the capture missions needed fixing? This also makes the completion of the Denial Bursa portion of the Sands of Inaros quest. Is the aim to leave new players no sane option except to buy Inaros and all oxium hungry frames, etc? Again, you need to come up with a way to provide an avenue for players to kill the Denial Bursas. Running months worth of missions to get 5 DBs is NOT an option. What exactly was the harm in leaving the capture target squirming while farming for rare and badly needed items? You will lose players over this. I would say you already have. Thankfully, my family and I have already built the frames that would have required this. Or, you need to be honest and rename oxium to Unobtainium. It is not like people did not eventually pick up the target. What was the harm?

Wait, people really have trouble farming oxium?  What is this, 2014? 

In all seriousness, the way I see it, if your farming strategy involves  exploiting something that isn't even supposed to happen, DE has every right to remove it without adding any alternative.  Oxium in meant to be more rare than average.  Consider yourself lucky we're not still back in the days of 1 or 2 Oxium per Osprey.

30 minutes ago, Oru5732 said:

Dark text on dark background. I can't even see a single letter, because I use the Beta Black theme.

18 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

Why do you people edit your text color? The fact that I choose not to kill my eyes with the default white theme doesn't mean I don't want to read what you posted just because my theme is black and so are your letters.

Pretty sure the OP was copy/pasted from elsewhere, the text color change probably wasn't intentional.  Highlighting it solves the problem.

Edited by xXRampantXx

My sincere apologies to those wjo cannot see my post because of the Theme they have selected. It shows up fine on my settings. As for the question of "Who has trouble farming oxium . . ." that would be newer players. In fairness, why was the Kuva Survival necessary, by that same reasoning? I do not need tons of Oxium because I have built and researched everything that requires a lot of that resource. My point was really, what harm did this do. It does not hurt me for people to farm Oxium in this way. I have been a part of the WF community for some time but have only recently contributed to the forums. Only twice, to be exact. Neither post was a rant. This post is simply asking what, really, was the harm in this? So you have a community that is resourceful and innovative, is that a problem you want to correct? Anyway, thanks in advance for any feedback you all provide. By and large, the WF community seems to be very helpful, considerate and non judgemental. 

The last hotfix increased osprey spawns and whilst the accumulation rate isn't as fast as Galatea was it is still a lot higher than it was when captures were patched in Sacrifice. I'm convinced I'm seeing more spawns in other Corpus missions as well as was quite surprised to get ~20 on a couple of Carpo runs on Jupiter as I don't remember getting any there before.

Good to know. Have not had the need for Oxium in a while, so, have not really scrutinized this. Seems like I have seen an uptick in Oxium Ospreys on Corpus missions lately, now you mention it. I have several new Dojo members and I was hoping they would be able to have hope of getting what they need for Oxium heavy items. 

6 hours ago, (XB1)Th3BelovedSaint said:

My sincere apologies to those wjo cannot see my post because of the Theme they have selected. It shows up fine on my settings.

In the future when copy/pasting something try choosing "paste as plain text" if you use the right-click menu, or using "ctrl+shift+v" instead of "ctrl+v" if you use keyboard shortcuts.  This should prevent the text color from changing.

6 hours ago, (XB1)Th3BelovedSaint said:

This post is simply asking what, really, was the harm in this? So you have a community that is resourceful and innovative, is that a problem you want to correct? Anyway, thanks in advance for any feedback you all provide. By and large, the WF community seems to be very helpful, considerate and non judgemental. 

I don't think the problem is the community being "resourceful and innovative", DE has pretty much always tried to encourage players to play through non-endless missions quickly as opposed to hanging around and using them as pseudo endless missions.  My best guess is that from their point of view the harm, is that if you can use an exploit to make capture missions (or any other non-endless mission for that matter) endless, it detracts from the actual endless mission types by creating less reason to play them.  I don't necessarily agree with that logic myself, it's just my bets guess as to what DE is thinking.  There could also be the possibility of it harming the players of public matches.  If random player number 1 just wants to run the mission, and random player number 1 wants to leave the target on the ground so enemies will spawn, there's bound to be some problems between them when number 1 captures the target immediately. Ultimately, regardless of the harm it might or might not have caused, it was an exploit, and if there really is a problem with Oxium collection (which I'm still not convinced of, again in't meant to be unusually rare) it needs to be properly addressed rather than just left with a work-around in the form of an exploit.