Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Addons on warframe

ReaperOfTheSouls

Lately i entered every once and awhile and amazed how many players feedback are nagative/want to improve, thats why i want DE to allow them to solve the problems by their own.

I know DE listening carfully to feedbacks and somtime even do something, but i know there are a lot of feedbacks thats no one read/care about. DE has a lot of work to do on fortuna and railjack etc., thats why they may not focus on aspects less vital of the game. 

I am not saying it have to be game changing addon like skyrim (if so, the fan concept tab will be empty), but some UI and inconviniance addons (like not making all cetus citizen the same, its like konzu look at me everywhere!). 

They are a lot of online games which has addons (like elder scrolls online) and dont forget that warframe can be also in offline mode by changing to "solo". maybe that way more addons can be launched that way, and will lure bored veterens who complain all the time what direction warframe takes, and change the future by theyre on hands (individualism!). 

Let me know what you think, and avoid misspelling, english aint my first lunguage.

Not sure I would be for this or not. I doubt DE would do it. Its more common in MMOs. I'm not sure what I would really want to change. I think some of the UI needs an update but that's coming. I would have to see what could and could not be modified to know if I was for it I guess. I have always wanted a better system than the current one for seeing abilities coming off of cooldown like chromas 3 so I wasn't looking at the bottom all the time. I know the little dots in the middle show availability but I would like a timer there. Could be something in the options I never found dunno.

The idea is terrible.

Letting Players mess with the games files always produces more work for the developers, since they have to constantly monitor the community if they found any loopholes to exploit which the Devs then have to close.

The online games which allow for this functionality either have massivly bigger teams than DE, so they can shoulder the additional workload or their games fail miserably because of players going rampant with exploits.

There is a factory, that has one manager and a lot of workers, the manager, how smart he can be, would never be able to do the workers job alone. thats why he let the workers do the job, while he is managing, looking for flaws and fixing them. Our demand is too much for DE small team (as you said), then just let us do the job, and they will making it perfect without bugs, glitches etc. (as all updates in warframe😒).

3 minutes ago, ReaperOfTheSouls said:

There is a factory, that has one manager and a lot of workers, the manager, how smart he can be, would never be able to do the workers job alone. thats why he let the workers do the job, while he is managing, looking for flaws and fixing them. Our demand is too much for DE small team (as you said), then just let us do the job, and they will making it perfect without bugs, glitches etc. (as all updates in warframe😒).

The issue in the analogy is that you wouldn't be trusting to your hired workers, you'd be trusting it to complete random stranger that are touring the factory. I wouldn't trust my player base to NOT do their best to figure out or place in exploits for their use or even flat out malware that could destroy the game. It's already a risk letting us anywhere near the base code and functions of the game, I wouldn't want to make DE go through the unneeded extra work of making sure all that code is clean and benign while still worrying about current projects. This idea is a hard NO from me, not unless DE hires a whole separate team dedicated to going through those files, but if they could do that, why not have them do that work themselves in the first place.

Addons in multiplayer games (Warframe can't 'go offline', solo mod just porhibits others to join a mission, in the end you anyway connect to the server to save obtained rewards) can only deal with interface or structurize information you get better. Warframe UI is pretty good and it's in the middle of ongoing rework.

Haven't seen many feedback about information being presented poorly, except for the 'auction' and it's another story.

So... I doubt WF really need addons.

12 minutes ago, Atsia said:

The issue in the analogy is that you wouldn't be trusting to your hired workers, you'd be trusting it to complete random stranger that are touring the factory. I wouldn't trust my player base to NOT do their best to figure out or place in exploits for their use or even flat out malware that could destroy the game. It's already a risk letting us anywhere near the base code and functions of the game, I wouldn't want to make DE go through the unneeded extra work of making sure all that code is clean and benign while still worrying about current projects. This idea is a hard NO from me, not unless DE hires a whole separate team dedicated to going through those files, but if they could do that, why not have them do that work themselves in the first place.

You can tell the same about tennogen, i cant see reason why not doing that the same mechanic DE allow us to make our own skins. DE will let us code our addons and make the community vote what they need most. The winner, not only get honor and glory, but also money for each player download his addon. 

17 minutes ago, Syasob said:

Addons in multiplayer games (Warframe can't 'go offline', solo mod just porhibits others to join a mission, in the end you anyway connect to the server to save obtained rewards) can only deal with interface or structurize information you get better. Warframe UI is pretty good and it's in the middle of ongoing rework.

Haven't seen many feedback about information being presented poorly, except for the 'auction' and it's another story.

So... I doubt WF really need addons.

There is a whole "feedback" and "fan concepts" which can argue with you about this statement.

10 minutes ago, ReaperOfTheSouls said:

You can tell the same about tennogen, i cant see reason why not doing that the same mechanic DE allow us to make our own skins. DE will let us code our addons and make the community vote what they need most. The winner, not only get honor and glory, but also money for each player download his addon. 

Tennogen is completely cosmetic. You're suggesting letting players mess around with base game files, which is a BIG no no. Using you analogy, tennogen is letting people design and decide on a logo or label, what you're suggesting is giving random people access to mess around with your computer system and machinery.

Edited by Atsia

28 minutes ago, ReaperOfTheSouls said:

There is a whole "feedback" and "fan concepts" which can argue with you about this statement.

Not a single topic from first pages of feedback subforums can be implemented as user addon.  You might be really crazy to think otherwise.

Warframe fan concepts require lots of dev's time to implement. Not even close to what 'addon' mean in multiplayer game.

21 minutes ago, ReaperOfTheSouls said:

Then why other games allow that?

Where're proofs, billy? We need proofs! (c)

Skyrim doesn't count. It's single player game and you even can't get achievments in modded version.

ESO has purely UI addons. Not even close to what you suggest to implement here.

2 minutes ago, ReaperOfTheSouls said:

Then why other games allow that?

Because they either have a massive team working on it, or truthfully don’t care because they want to push out a new game in a few years. DE is a fairly smaller operation with big designs on keeping the game building towards their goal with shared ideas from others.

Tennogen is not just player created and thrown it the game at random. It is meticulous combed through and decided by either a majority vote, DE or both. DE always has the final say on what goes in their game, so don’t use Tennogen as your point of comparison.

Diablo II allowed players to do exactly what you are talking about with Open Battle.net and it was so miserable. Player hacks, cheats and items that would make any player instantly godly with a single keystroke. Those hacks eventually worked their way into the actual online version of the game causing the developers to sift through their entire system to try and clear out duped items and hacks. It was a bad idea then and it is a bad idea now.

On 2018-09-21 at 4:22 PM, Walkampf said:

The idea is terrible.

Letting Players mess with the games files always produces more work for the developers, since they have to constantly monitor the community if they found any loopholes to exploit which the Devs then have to close.

The online games which allow for this functionality either have massivly bigger teams than DE, so they can shoulder the additional workload or their games fail miserably because of players going rampant with exploits.

Will be ok if it's only UI (visual effects, like reducing glare, darkness/brightness, flash, etc). As long as DE limit the extent of these addons to the game file.