Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Would You Replace Raids In The First Place?

syle

I mean why?

they have their place in the game mechanics

they give you a choice of either going slow steady pace

or rush to objective and rush to the end

I find them fun to do and I would love them to stay

void raids are the best maps to explore and last time it took us(me and a friend of mine) an hour or so to complete a t3 raid ,once we went exploring and found 3 or 4 jackpot rooms

survival shouldn't replace anything , It should be added as a new mode in planets

I mean how hard is it to code couple missions in on the planet map

Edited by syle

I mean why?

they have their place in the game mechanics

they give you a choice of either going slow steady pace

or rush to objective and rush to the end

I find them fun to do and I would love them to stay

void raids are the best maps to explore and last time it took us(me and a friend of mine) an hour or so to complete a t3 raid ,once we went exploring and found 3 or 4 jackpot rooms

survival shouldn't replace anything , It should be added as a new mode in planets

I mean how hard is it to code couple missions in on the planet map

This :)

Someone once suggested that to spice up gameplay for raid missions, carrying the artifact could randomly have a positive or negative effect on the carrier, I thought that was a pretty interesting idea.

It'd be a shame to see raid go when it could just be overhauled to be different, but if they really are insistent on removing them, I say at least keep the "Artifact Room" tileset and make it a rare bonus room that randomly spawns on the map. It's out of the way of the main path, but opening it unveils a cache of rare artifacts (rare mods and resources, possibly even weapon parts or warframe blueprints).

They said that something they might consider is make Raid exclusive to certain alerts, and probably change them up by then so they are more unique (like it's said, Raid is pretty much Capture from a gameplay PoV).

It doesn't make sense that the "orokin artifact aboard this ship," a random Fast Deflection as a reward, makes the "readings off the charts." However, that will make sense if it was an alert giving out a Forma/Orokin Catalyst/Reactor.

Edited by Casardis

Raid is capture.

Sabotage and deception are so different..... yeah..... Raid is definitely the only one that's too similar......... it's not like the game's was made too lazy and missions are just, go to point.... click click click and press "E" (when u need to shoot some bullets for capture or reactor), or press "E" directly... and go to extraction point, end, repeat. /sarcasm

Sabotage and deception are so different..... yeah..... Raid is definitely the only one that's too similar......... it's not like the game's was made too lazy and missions are just, go to point.... click click click and press "E" (when u need to shoot some bullets for capture or reactor), or press "E" directly... and go to extraction point, end, repeat. /sarcasm

B-b-b-but, Sabotage requires you to shoot lamps! A-a-and, Deception requires you to solve a puzzle!11!!

B-b-b-but, Sabotage requires you to shoot lamps! A-a-and, Deception requires you to solve a puzzle!11!!

that would be spy.. not deception :P

Limited resources, gotta take things one step at a time.

Deception and Spy (I believe) are next in line to be retooled. 

Yeah sure... let's take out more types because people were too lazy to make an actual beta and they left it at alpha...... for that matter, let's just leave one mission type and endless def.... why bother with anything else?

No i think what should start getting done, is making missions have actual meaning and goals... instead of just going from A to B, press a button and from B to extraction.

No i think what should start getting done, is making missions have actual meaning and goals...

That's the plan. Raid probably won't be leaving forever, it just requires the most drastic retooling to keep it different from the other game modes considering how similar it is.

I dont really see a reason for raid being taking offline,even if temporary.

Mission variety is extremly limited as is,even without throwing out old ones.

Why not just keep it in and adjust it on the go?

If T-raids are going to replaced with survival Im gonna be really upset tbh.

If T-Survival start dropping the resources from the void. Everyone will love them.

To be honest, many gamemodes are too similar. As far as we know, virtually all of the mission types will get the same treatment at some point. Raid and capture are simply too similar and the most noticeable gamemodes. Get in, Retrieve an artifact = Capture the target, get out. Take it offline doesn't net any loss in my opinion. Player can still plays capture for the same mechanic and reward.

And no, Don't use the "but the game can be boil down to our neuron spark the synapse to move our muscle" argument.

I think we will as many other weekend events used as introduction for new gamemodes in the future. Can't wait for remaking of rescue.

However, survival also bring multiple issues with it but that's not the point of this topic.

As for the Raid is Capture thing, why replace one instead of, you know, making them different? In Capture, the target could make a dash for it when you enter the tile he's on instead of the room and actually be able to escape, making planning the takedown and cutting him off a part of gameplay. In addition to that, he could not run if the alarms haven't been sounded yet, making stealth captures advantageous. Raid could put you in the role of the "alpha team" where you have to do it on a time limit but you can search around for life support drops to send down to "bravo team" to extend the timer. Spy and Deception are hopefully already being done to make them more than "run to objective, shoot or activate objective, run to extraction". If it's that same thing but in Tron I'll be disappointed but I trust in DE.