The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma prime extra airborne time? (Not like zephyr)

(PSN)Frost_Nephilim

This isnt much but i was thinking of something that may be kind of cool for chroma prime. His wings are absolutely BEAUTIFUL and i was thinking that it may be nice if we could see them on chroma.

Heres how it would work, whenever chroma is airborne his wings are exposed. While theyre out, chroma is able to flap them at the cost of a small amont of energy, by pressing X, causing him to basically jump again in the air for as long as he likes as long as he has energy. This will also refresh his aim glide time!

What do you think? You could make good use of an exilus mod called "Aviator" which reduces damage recieved while airborne by 40% to increase this dragon's tankyness. 

Edited by (PS4)Ghost--00--

Kind of picturing Chroma being able to sky dive faster with his wings flared out. Basically if you bullet jump and aim glide he would go twice as fast with his wings flaring out like a dragon. 

That or maybe he could activate his Effigy while airborne that causes him to sky dive at super speed and create an elemental burst where he lands before summoning the Effigy. Sort of combining his augment to himself. 

2 hours ago, LupoDWolf said:

what about 
"passive: after a jump, you can hold the jump button to stay still in the air for x seconds"?

That would be great for his upcoming rework, just let us fly there for like 7 seconds, maybe slowly glide in one way. Would go on cooldown until we reach the ground much like operator mode.

Chroma does have almost every aspect of a dragon except flight. It'd be cool to see that included, but I don't see how they could do it without causing an uproar. His passive is already changing damage type / ability function with energy color. While its lackluster and would be cool if they let you swap mid mission, people would still see it as "chroma has two passives, why can't my favorite frame have two?"

48 minutes ago, voltocitygel said:

Chroma does have almost every aspect of a dragon except flight. It'd be cool to see that included, but I don't see how they could do it without causing an uproar. His passive is already changing damage type / ability function with energy color. While its lackluster and would be cool if they let you swap mid mission, people would still see it as "chroma has two passives, why can't my favorite frame have two?"

Yea i dont see the reasoning in not allowing an extra passive for some frames as well. Especially ones you hardly ever notice like ember's and frost's

49 minutes ago, voltocitygel said:

Chroma does have almost every aspect of a dragon except flight

Meh, his element breathing isnt to cool as a dragons would be. Like chroma doesnt blow out fire, he blows a few sparks while the rest is just hot breath dealing 0 damage to enemies.

When you breath fire as a actual dragon, enemies be socrched like they get destroyed! But chroma... if there was a knight and the knight was told to slay chroma and chroma could only use his fire breathing ability, the knight wouldnt even bring a shield or armor, his own skin would be enough defense

On 2018-10-05 at 2:36 PM, (PS4)Ghost--00-- said:

Meh, his element breathing isnt to cool as a dragons would be. Like chroma doesnt blow out fire, he blows a few sparks while the rest is just hot breath dealing 0 damage to enemies.

When you breath fire as a actual dragon, enemies be socrched like they get destroyed! But chroma... if there was a knight and the knight was told to slay chroma and chroma could only use his fire breathing ability, the knight wouldnt even bring a shield or armor, his own skin would be enough defense

Eh chroma's breath is good for trash mobs, in my (albeit limited) experience. The knight would totes lose tho. He's basically fighting another knight that can breathe fire, ice, lightning, and poison. And thats if you ignore guns. 

On 2018-10-05 at 2:28 PM, (PS4)Ghost--00-- said:

Yea i dont see the reasoning in not allowing an extra passive for some frames as well. Especially ones you hardly ever notice like ember's and frost's

I agree there. A lot of frames could benefit from more passives- especially frames like nyx, where her passive is literally just an addition to her abilities. Embers could use a buff, or the ability to set yourself on fire intentionally. 

Frosts passive is arguably one of the more useful ones, if you like sniping. Even if you don't, you can prioritize non melee attackers first, and just let the melee guys get frozen. 

Fun story. My friend and I were running a sortie 3 defense rad hazard, and my kavat got irradiated. It ran into the snow globe and attacked my friend. He got 1 shotted, but my kavat was frozen and unable to murder the rest of us for the duration of the radiation proc. 

7 hours ago, voltocitygel said:

Eh chroma's breath is good for trash mobs, in my (albeit limited) experience. The knight would totes lose tho. He's basically fighting another knight that can breathe fire, ice, lightning, and poison. And thats if you ignore guns.

His ability is good for "trash mobs"...................... that makes everything better (im being sarcastic)