The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about players with Zeniths.

ChaosMarine

I've had this happen a few times with people with Zeniths in interception missions. I just joined an interception mission and I noticed that there was a spot not being guarded so  I went and capped it and began collecting stacks like any good Nidus does. Then this Loki gets pissy, telling me that the point is covered because he comes along every so often and fires a Zenith disk at the spot and wanders around being invisible for a bit whilst demanding I go else where. Why? I have absolutely no idea. 

What is it with people with Zeniths thinking they can claim a spot and demand everyone else not go there? Unfortunately I wasn't the host so I couldn't screenshot the chat but I can't be the only person this has happened to. 

I told him no and remained at the point guarding it till he left. Me and the other two players remained for another round before leaving. Am I wrong about this being weird? 

This seems more to be a players helping players thing than feedback.

In my opinion, this was a case of very bad communication skills. This is a teamgame. Unless agreed upon, there is no leader who can tell you what to do (and even then, that's up to you still). If someone runs a tactic that his team does not know about or agree on, they should ask about if they can run it, not demand it to happen.

In the end, being like this is not a reportable offense.
I don't get why you couldn't screencap the chat because of not being host, but it'd have to be censored anyway. It doesn't matter if you have a picture of what was said or if you repeat it.

Oh my intention wasn't to get anyone in trouble, I'd have blurred the names of the others. I was just looking for feedback, so to speak, on if this is normal and I'm being weird. I just wanted to show the odd conversation where the other person was implying I was being unreasonable and that I had to move or they'd leave (which they did after the round completed). 

Zenith?  You sure he didn't say Zenistar?  I mean when you have a disc deployed on a Zenith you have infinite punch-through on every shot as long as the disc is active, but its not my first choice for locking down a point.  The Zenistar on the other hand (the melee login reward) has the disc create an area of dmg that (personally) I think would be better at locking down a point than using a slow-firing, semi-auto rifle to lock a point.  

Sorry that this has nothing to do with the topic directly, I'm just curious.

EDIT: Darn, guy above me beat me to the question XD

Edited by KillerSiri

yes that's definitely Zenistar. he sorta has a point, that Zenidisk will cover an area on its own generally, and that you could cover another location that isn't covered.
doesn't mean that your presumably Public Squad is or has to play that way since you aren't organized together.

but i don't know where you got the ridiculous idea that anybody that has Login Weapons is a prick. that's pulling conclusions out of your arse.

I know a few people who try to use Zenith and through-wall snipe, but they do it when it needs to be done and not a primary defense tactic. I always see the zenistar disc use as a way to cheez a mission, but it never replaces an actual player. Also, interception has 4 towers because there is supposed to be one for each team member...The Loki should have been focusing on their tower.

Both zenith and zenistar have depolyable discs. I have seen the exact tactic the OP is referring to and it was never really received well by the rest of the team. 

Edited by (PS4)Kamranos

So someone can demand I play a certain way and I have to obey him without question because he has a particular weapon? If he was sticking to the point then yeah, I'd probably have covered a different point but he wasn't. It makes no sense. When I ran around the map, the other players were typically sticking to a point each and he was wandering them between them and the other point. Neither of the other players made a peep about it either way so I don't think they were a pre-made.

Edited by ChaosMarine

2 minutes ago, ChaosMarine said:

So someone can demand I play a certain way and I have to obey him without question because he has a particular weapon? 

No, you do not have to obey any player who demands anything in the game. It sounds like the person you are mentioning had a prova stuck up their backside and thought he was entitled to call the shots. Even at MR25, I don’t try to command ingame because it’s not a good thing to do for player or team chemistry. All players can play their way, but that shouldn’t stop you from having your own fun. You did the right thing for the team and the mission.

Those are just greedy whiners. The same people that are demanding DE nerf every kill frame so that they can “have fun”. Instead of recruiting.

I think DE needs to make Weapon Only type missions so that these people will be quiet. Most people are focus farming, relic farming, resource farming, and some even go as far as to see how many enemies they could kill in a single round. Which requires using abilities to eliminate as much as possible. Some people have actual lives outside of video games and literally can’t afford to take their time.

But people like the guy you mentioned are a bunch of greedy trolls. They want more/all kills while slowing everybody else down. Before the nerf, a banshee that killed quickly was way, way more tolerable than a banshee that delayed. Sanctuary onlsaught requires you to kill everything quickly. Even Simaris says “do not relent”. But players will still bring Loki, valkyr, atlas, warframes that don’t kill very much very quickly. Then whine when smart players farming for focus joins the squad and does what they’re suppose to do. Which is bringing a horde killframe. Same thing with defense.

The sooner they die, the sooner the next wave, the sooner you get your relics, the sooner you farm for parts, the sooner you can rank up or make a profit for sold parts. But nope, some players want to take their time. But then on fissure defense, players want to kill everything before they even get fissured. I can’t tell you how many relics didn’t get cracked open because of noobs, even MR25s. 

Guys that demand you slow down just so they can get the kills need to be ignored. If a guy told you to wait for enemies to be fissured, or because they have some plan that would benefit everybody then hear them out. Otherwise just ignore them and do what you do. I’ve had players thanked me for helping them level up super fast, while some whined that I “stole all the kills”. Imagine Call of Duty where a slow weak player told everybody else not to shoot just so he could get a few kills and then costs everybody the game.

DE should create Weapon Only missions for slow pokes, and maybe short timed missions for rushers. Maybe then these whiners will have a game mode all to themselves and will leave the rest of us alone. Would say the Weapon Only missions could only allow buff type abilities but then everybody would complain about “Chroma taking all the kills, 😭”. So no abilities at all. If they want a challenge that badly. 

That is the only solution I can think of. But making nerfs and more rules for the whining minority will only hurt the rest of the community and then a lot more people will stop playing altogether. I used to bring ember into the plains. Not anymore. Excuses don’t matter, she is now useless in the plains. Maybe if her flames at maxed power strength could melt the bullets and prevent her from taking as much damage, like by 95%, maybe the change wouldn’t be that bad. Range would be super short but she wouldn’t be as squishy. At least not against grineer. Or if DE made her WoF expand while sprinting and sliding. Since one of the excuses is to get her moving around. But if DE keeps nerfing all killframes to be as useless as ember, then there would be no point in playing. DE would have to reduce the amount of enemies and increase the affinity gained per kill in order to balance it out. And super crazy high missions with hordes of enemies for the whiners. 

Otherwise just ignore these greedy trolls.