Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operators as a thing

Frontez

8 minutes ago, Ragingwasabi said:

thats not crouching, thats void mode. i want crouching. 

and rolling

and maybe some cool barefist martial arts enhanced with void powers instead of just the spammy old void blast

Uh that would be like bringing a knife to a gunfight. No need for martial arts (especially unarmed) when you have warframes and weapons.

Especially when many enemies are armed with ranged weapons.

Can't see that being very popular when lots of players seem to prefer cheesing their way through the game.

Just now, Legion-Shields said:

If they crouched any lower they’d be Slav Squatting. Imagine them trying to scoot around while holding that position in the middle of a blazing firefight.

obviously crouch walking raises u up a bit. crouching in a single spot, u should go as low as u can. if u value ur head being free of bullets atleast.

12 minutes ago, Ragingwasabi said:

obviously crouch walking raises u up a bit. crouching in a single spot, u should go as low as u can. if u value ur head being free of bullets atleast.

Even when in Warframe mode crouching while staying still gets your head low enough to be protected by cover. In Operator mode crouching brings you to the same height. There’s no reason to go lower than that. 

Edited by Legion-Shields

2 minutes ago, Legion-Shields said:

Even when in Warframe mode crouching while staying still gets your head low enough to be protected by cover. In Operator mode crouching brings you to the same height. There’s no reason to go lower than that. 

see thats not really my point. void mode makes u invincible so i dont gives a rats ass about how low u go in void mode. i want there to be a crouch mode.

Edited by Ragingwasabi

I don't really understand the premise of this thread.
OP says, in order to control the Warframes, Operators have to be able to do what Warframes are doing.
Where is this idea coming from? Warframes are specifically made so they can do what Operators are imagining. Operators don't need Parcour just because Warframe can use Parcour.
Or let me say it this way: Just because your car goes 160 km/h doesn't mean you have to be able to run 160 km/h fast.

1 minute ago, Ragingwasabi said:

or we can just give operators a really basic movement abillity and not be so damn close minded about making the game better

Ok, let's move this onto a different, more practical topic.

How? What button would you assign the action to? It's irritating that the Operators were able to crouch in TWW but lost the ability when they gained void mode, but I can't think of any ways without compromising the 'natural' feeling of Operator abilities (since you don't need to activate a power, you just 'do' it. )

i assume operator methods of movement were different from the warframes because they were trained there whole life to use a warframe and trained in a warframe and maybe didnt have much IRL physical training (imagine like high school and PE uniform was use a warframe) while i can agree that operators could mimic the warframes movement but with out some training or a safe place to practice they might hurt them selves badly (they take fall damage) and then we would never hear the end of it from ordis for doing it or him cursing gravity because his a strange glitchy computer basic movement would be nice we can already slide i dont see much use in being able to roll when tapping crouch while moving slides you a good distance if not farther then a roll

Edited by seprent

19 minutes ago, Ragingwasabi said:

or we can just give operators a really basic movement abillity and not be so damn close minded about making the game better

Sounds more like a waste of time to me. You’d have to be sitting in void mode for a long while for it to have any sizeable impact on your energy pool, even with unranked zenurik. 

Edited by Legion-Shields

4 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Ok, let's move this onto a different, more practical topic.

How? What button would you assign the action to? It's irritating that the Operators were able to crouch in TWW but lost the ability when they gained void mode, but I can't think of any ways without compromising the 'natural' feeling of Operator abilities (since you don't need to activate a power, you just 'do' it. )

my suggestion is turn them into abillity buttons. that is number keys 1-4.

1 is void cloak
2 is void dash
3 is void blast
4 is new ability?

something like that

melee button can now be unarmed combat instead of void blast. movement keys can now be used normally

Edited by Ragingwasabi

Just now, Ragingwasabi said:

my suggestion is turn them into abillity buttons. that is number keys 1-4. 

Which is precisely what I want to avoid, because it makes them feel less like natural abilities the Operator possess. Think My Hero Academia and Deku before and after Full Cowling. Before he 'activates' his powers as a special move, after it's a power that's just a part of him. I like how the Operator's current key bindings make it feel like the latter, whereas the Warframes feel like the former. It sets Operators apart, makes them distinct from their frames.

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

Which is precisely what I want to avoid, because it makes them feel less like natural abilities the Operator possess. Think My Hero Academia and Deku before and after Full Cowling. Before he 'activates' his powers as a special move, after it's a power that's just a part of him. I like how the Operator's current key bindings make it feel like the latter, whereas the Warframes feel like the former. It sets Operators apart, makes them distinct from their frames.

thats a fair point, though to me personally i find void mode and void dash clunky as it is anyway.

37 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Uh that would be like bringing a knife to a gunfight. No need for martial arts (especially unarmed) when you have warframes and weapons.

Especially when many enemies are armed with ranged weapons.

Can't see that being very popular when lots of players seem to prefer cheesing their way through the game.

Whilst I want Operator Melee, I feel like we could still use unarmed martial arts if it was combined with our void powers for Avatar bending-style moves, unlocked via focus.

Short range, powerful blows for Madurai, producing explosions around the impacts dealing heavy damage in a small area. Thin, piercing and far-reaching void whip motions for Zenurik. Movement-heavy dashes and small, refined 'blades' for Naramon. Defensive movements that block incoming damage with shields of energy whilst it's dished out for Unairu. Calm, Tai Chi-esque motions for Vazarin, with inherent lifesteal.

2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Whilst I want Operator Melee, I feel like we could still use unarmed martial arts if it was combined with our void powers for Avatar bending-style moves, unlocked via focus.

Short range, powerful blows for Madurai, producing explosions around the impacts dealing heavy damage in a small area. Thin, piercing and far-reaching void whip motions for Zenurik. Movement-heavy dashes and small, refined 'blades' for Naramon. Defensive movements that block incoming damage with shields of energy whilst it's dished out for Unairu. Calm, Tai Chi-esque motions for Vazarin, with inherent lifesteal.

my god i would absolutely love this so much

1 minute ago, (PS4)wolf-MAN010 said:

tbh i am okay with the current movement of operators. because the game is called warframe and not tennowar

I know right, just how you play as Zelda in Zelda, as Metroid in Metroid, as Contra in Contra, as Metal Gear in Metal Gear...

Oh wait.

I don't like this argument. It's no reason to not flesh out Operator gameplay as well as Warframe gameplay, it's just "I don't personally want to play as Operator" disguised as a more general argument. If you don't want to use your Operator, nothing outside of story quests is forcing you. And, let's face it, most games have aspects about the main campaign that deviates from regular gameplay. That shouldn't stop people who do want to see their Operators become useful from being able to.

1 minute ago, Ragingwasabi said:

my god i would absolutely love this so much

Thanks!