Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

high roll riven idea

HeavenlyDemiser

So to lock a single riven mod perfectly will cost me roughly 1,050,000 Kuva? I like to grind, but this number is actually insane. Also, locking Riven Mods defeats the entire point of the rolling system as everyone would end up with identical Riven Mods, and the trading economy would collapse. I would like to have a system that allows me to push my roll thresholds higher as it would be progressive and not break the foundation we currently stand on.

Edited by Voltage

vor 37 Minuten schrieb HeavenlyDemiser:

100 roll - lock one riven option. but use 10k endo and trade tax is 10.000.000 credit

200 roll - one more lock option. but use 10k endo and trade tax is 50.000.000 credit

300 roll - one more lock option. but use 10k endo and trade tax is 100.000.000 credit

horrible idea. probably the worst ive ever read since rivens came into the game.

With those numbers it might be a little... overkill? But the idea that we could select riven stats and "lock them in" so they don't change for the next roll? I'd be okay with it -- with properly balanced resource requirements.

Rivens would still involve RNG but with this you could start putting down a long-term plan. Got a riven for a favorite weapon of mine, what are the riven stats that are important to me? How is it going to look like ten rolls from now? Twenty rolls? Thirty? Heavens forbid, forty? Where's the point where I can say "okay, looks good, on to the next one"?

On the flip side though, knowing the people I know, nobody would settle for anything less than the perfect god rolls, and anyone who doesn't own them would be titled a "scrub." By opening this door, you are also inviting more power creep.

Edited by Aldrr
fixed a typo >.<

48 minutes ago, HeavenlyDemiser said:

100 roll - lock one riven option. but use 10k endo and trade tax is 10.000.000 credit

200 roll - one more lock option. but use 10k endo and trade tax is 50.000.000 credit

300 roll - one more lock option. but use 10k endo and trade tax is 100.000.000 credit

This would work if the re-roll cost was reduced to 1k per roll (100k kuva spent before locking a stat) ... but I've always been on opposite side of locking Riven stats ... because you can re-roll a Riven until you have 200% Multi-shot, then lock it at 200% and continue re-rolling for Damage and then lock that stat ... get what i'm saying? because you can re-roll a riven with 3 stats into one with 2 stats at a higher percentage ... thus my reasoning for abuse and power-creeping at another level.

Edited by Errodin

Gerade eben schrieb ShiraHagane:

The important part of constructive criticism is the constructive part.

the important part of my comment is: this idea at its very core is bad imo and it couldnt be improved because of that.

so, my comment has more constructive criticism than urs...

59 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

the important part of my comment is: this idea at its very core is bad imo and it couldnt be improved because of that.

so, my comment has more constructive criticism than urs...

The idea of locking stats in a stat rolling system?  I don't understand how that could be bad for anyone.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb ShiraHagane:

The idea of locking stats in a stat rolling system?  I don't understand how that could be bad for anyone.

the locking part is not the issue. ive mentioned that idea myself shortly after rivens came into the game, its a really really old idea. the dependancy on reroll amount is the issue.

2 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

the locking part is not the issue. ive mentioned that idea myself shortly after rivens came into the game, its a really really old idea. the dependancy on reroll amount is the issue.

So the idea at its very core is not bad?  Your issue is with the balancing suggestion as far as I see.

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

So to lock a single riven mod perfectly will cost me roughly 1,050,000 Kuva? I like to grind, but this number is actually insane. Also, locking Riven Mods defeats the entire point of a system as everyone would end up with identical Riven's, and the trading economy would collapse. I would like to have a system that allows me to push my roll thresholds higher as it would be progressive and not break the system.

I'm not sure the trading economy would collapse with a 1 million kuva, 30k endo, 100 million credit requirement to get and trade a perfect riven. If anything it would make rivens that are naturally perfect worth even more because it would put a set price on those kind of stats.

Edited by Feltal

vor einer Stunde schrieb ShiraHagane:

So the idea at its very core is not bad?  Your issue is with the balancing suggestion as far as I see.

tbh u can see it how u want. the idea of locking stats is very old, as i said, and nothing has happend there yet so DE doesnt seem to like it. i stated my opinion about the reroll dependant lock so i dont have more to say in that regard. there are many other ideas how stats-locking could work very well and making it dependant on reroll amount is by far the worst version of all of these ideas imo.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Feltal:

I'm not sure the trading economy would collapse with a 1 million kuva, 30k endo, 100 million credit requirement to get and trade a perfect riven. If anything it would make rivens that are naturally perfect worth even more because it would put a set price on those kind of stats.

thats another issue many people forget. traders will use any reason to increase their price. i always wonder what they need these amounts of plat for but whatever~

Edited by Xydeth

7 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

tbh u can see it how u want. the idea of locking stats is very old, as i said, and nothing has happend there yet so DE doesnt seem to like it. i stated my opinion about the reroll dependant lock so i dont have more to say in that regard. there are many other ideas how stats-locking could work very well and making it dependant on reroll amount is by far the worst version of all of these ideas imo.

I knew therer was constructive criticism in there somewhere.

vor einer Stunde schrieb ShiraHagane:

I knew therer was constructive criticism in there somewhere.

havent found urs yet tho. unless ofc u want to stay off topic all the time. ur 1 liners regarding ur displeasure with someones comment/opinion hardly qualify as constructive imo.

34 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

havent found urs yet tho. unless ofc u want to stay off topic all the time. ur 1 liners regarding ur displeasure with someones comment/opinion hardly qualify as constructive imo.

3 hours ago, ShiraHagane said:

vor 3 Stunden schrieb ShiraHagane:

thats as much "constructive" as my initial post was. its fine tho, i can see that this will end nowhere so...

Edited by Xydeth

Personally I'd prefer to see them completely devoid of the re-roll aspect, because lets face it that is the bad path for RNG to go on.

Instead let people use the transmutation system to enhance riven, that just cant be traded.  Thus instead of relying on RNG (the proverbial poker machine), player can put effort into creating things they want, but using other things they dont.

For example if you put in the transmutation system a rifle riven and 3 serration mods, by spending some kuva the riven gets a low damage boost value in a bonus "slot" on the riven.  Add that low damage boost riven and another 3 serration mods and it becomes a moderate damage boost (and so forth).  Those boosts would still be caped to whatever the riven disposition is currently, so 'low' would be the bottom random value, while the cap would be no higher than the maximum you can get from RNG.

This then lets players either randomly re-roll so they can trade them, or alternatively create one for their personal use using up those hundreds of mods they don't have much of a use for (the intermediate to veteran players).
This in turn makes more demand for mods in general, that ultimately are removed from the game when transmuted into the riven (for values players will just re-roll to get anyway).
Makes players feel much more invested in their riven as they essentially "made it themselves"
Gives more use to the transmutation system (or any use for the system for players that doesn't use it otherwise).
Uses healthy gaming practices in the process (effort directly tied to the reward).
Lets players experiment with weapons that just are less used because they will less directly need to compete for the kuva spent on re-rolling the more popular weapons (the entire point of riven to begin with).

The downside is it will require DE to put some effort into creating the system, but it really doesn't need to be super complex.

Edited by Loswaith

18 hours ago, Voltage said:

So to lock a single riven mod perfectly will cost me roughly 1,050,000 Kuva? I like to grind, but this number is actually insane. Also, locking Riven Mods defeats the entire point of the rolling system as everyone would end up with identical Riven Mods, and the trading economy would collapse. I would like to have a system that allows me to push my roll thresholds higher as it would be progressive and not break the foundation we currently stand on.

How would the trading economy collapse? Because everyone could get their hands on a god riven? God riven has 4 stats, 3 positive and one negative so potentially you'd have way more than 300 rolls to get that perfect one, only a demigod riven at 300 rolls.

I actually think OP's idea is good and gave it a like, because I don't see how the trading economy would collapse. To buy a single riven with 300 rolls you'd need over 100 million credits, which means a weekend at index with boosters. Anyone can do that, it's just a pain. But people would do it if it ment getting your hands on a demigod riven with fair price, to save the platinum. And because of the very high trade tax and kuva you wouldn't see a ton of those rivens until everyone had spent a lot of time farming kuva.

Also crap roll rivens for good guns would be more expensive than they are now because there's a guarantee of a demigod riven there. Not much but it would even things out a bit.

I hope DE sees OP's post and puts it to consideration because the current riven system is too RNG and too much grind for that RNG. The only real drawback would be power creep but we already have that with the current god rivens. Maybe DE could implement this with two locked stats, not three, that'd be enough.

52 minutes ago, Loswaith said:

Personally I'd prefer to see them completely devoid of the re-roll aspect, because lets face it that is the bad path for RNG to go on.

Instead let people use the transmutation system to enhance riven, that just cant be traded.  Thus instead of relying on RNG (the proverbial poker machine), player can put effort into creating things they want, but using other things they dont.

For example if you put in the transmutation system a rifle riven and 3 serration mods, by spending some kuva the riven gets a low damage boost value in a bonus "slot" on the riven.  Add that low damage boost riven and another 3 serration mods and it becomes a moderate damage boost (and so forth).  Those boosts would still be caped to whatever the riven disposition is currently, so 'low' would be the bottom random value, while the cap would be no higher than the maximum you can get from RNG.

This then lets players either randomly re-roll so they can trade them, or alternatively create one for their personal use using up those hundreds of mods they don't have much of a use for (the intermediate to veteran players).
This in turn makes more demand for mods in general, that ultimately are removed from the game when transmuted into the riven (for values players will just re-roll to get anyway).
Makes players feel much more invested in their riven as they essentially "made it themselves"
Gives more use to the transmutation system (or any use for the system for players that doesn't use it otherwise).
Uses healthy gaming practices in the process (effort directly tied to the reward).
Lets players experiment with weapons that just are less used because they will less directly need to compete for the kuva spent on re-rolling the more popular weapons (the entire point of riven to begin with).

The downside is it will require DE to put some effort into creating the system, but it really doesn't need to be super complex.

I like this idea too, but I doubt DE will remove tradeability of rivens since they're assumably their money-maker machine. I've never seen actual figures on this and platinum doesn't exit circulation when buying rivens so it might not be the cash cow people make it out to be.

The idea at it's core is actually a pretty decent one, it would definitely need improvement to make it a viable change.

I'd say that some use of the riven transmutes would be needed, i personally have 100's of them and have used like 20 total.
perhaps a transumter per lock plus the endo. Just throwing some ideas into the pot.

The total shutdown that this idea has mostly been getting i do not agree with but i can see why people don't like it, because it does suggest a mass amount more of farming and grinding.
Like i said the core idea is pretty good and would be interested to see a way to effectively integrate this.

On 2018-10-04 at 11:19 PM, BoarWarrior said:

I like this idea too, but I doubt DE will remove tradeability of rivens since they're assumably their money-maker machine. I've never seen actual figures on this and platinum doesn't exit circulation when buying rivens so it might not be the cash cow people make it out to be.

The idea is it wouldn't remove the tradeability of riven unless you had customised it (transmuted the riven mods), any re-rolled riven (as now) would still be able to be traded.  Though trading would change a bit, in that players not interested in further trading would look for weapon type, polarity or MR over the actual stats (something many players already just look for and are happy to go and re-roll for the stats themselves).

Essentially the concept would be added on top of what exists now.

Edited by Loswaith