The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Vastos Vs Gremlins (Opinions Please)

BloodKitten

Question

15 answers to this question

As much as I love Vasto and Dual Vasto, when it comes to numbers Gremlins are better - armour ignore + polarity slot. Plus, they are autofire, so less strain on hand ;)

PS I use DVasto over Gremlin, because I like them much more.

Edited by SabreUr

I never really fell in love with Vasto (single gun version) because it's recoil is a bit to much for my taste. I haven't tried using Dual Vasto yet but I don't believe it's recoil is lower than single Vasto.

Personally I'm a huge fan of Twin Gremlins. It has a great Rate of Fire, decent amount of Crit chance, a recoil that suits me perfectly and a great amount of damage (with the right/classical mods)

Edit:

as SabreUr said;

Gremlins have Armour Ignore, polarity slot and Autofire

Edited by Wertron

Twin gremlins allow for a crit build (as do the Vastos ), which not many secondary weapons provide. That and all of the above stated facts make the Gremlins a great choice of secondary. Oh, they also nail mobs to the walls ... that never gets old :D

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=175146072

Edited by FunkDoctaSpock

Twin gremlins allow for a crit build, which not many secondary weapons provide. That and all of the above stated facts make the Gremlins a great choice of secondary. Oh, they also nail mobs to the walls ... that never gets old :D

just to point out, Vasto has crit too (even better than gremlins ^_^" )

As stated already, Twin Gremlins become more viable all around due to the current damage system about armor. Its armor ignoring properties along with a V polarity is a big plus (Dual Vastos don't have any polarity, even though their single counterpart has one). If you're can adjust to the bolts projectile speed, I'll say go for Twin Gremlins if you want the numbers.

Personally, I prefer Dual Vastos for cool factor (I own both weapons and potato-ed both; they are awesome). I also have quite a fast finger-click, so I can deplete an entire 17 magazine (DV with Ice Storm) into a target really fast. Also, you cannot go wrong with Dual Vastos on Loki with Noble stance (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/100688-lokis-noble-idles/)

I also want to make a little note. Unless they patched it recently like they did with Sobek, the Twin Gremlins have a "delay" when you sprint and click to shoot. Instead of making you jog and shoot a single time, it will simply make you jog without shooting for a second, requiring a second click or a longer hold. Sobek had this issue when it was first released, but it was quickly fixed. I haven't tried the Gremlins since patch 9.7 so I don't know if it's taken cared of.

Twin gremlins allow for a crit build, which not many secondary weapons provide. That and all of the above stated facts make the Gremlins a great choice of secondary. Oh, they also nail mobs to the walls ... that never gets old :D

Vasto and Dual Vastos also allow for a crit build actually. It has 15% base after all, even higher than Gremlins.

I never really fell in love with Vasto (single gun version) because it's recoil is a bit to much for my taste. I haven't tried using Dual Vasto yet but I don't believe it's recoil is lower than single Vasto.

Strangely enough, Dual Vastos have less recoil than single Vasto.

Edited by Casardis

eheheh ^^

Vasto has 15% chance, Gremlins 10%

sweet : )    Still would go for the TGs for their rate of fire and armor ignore properties. In this game you have to shoot so much that non automatic weapons can make long/heavy missions a drain. Then again I will build the dual vastos ASAP anyhow 'cos they're sexy and powerful, and that crit percentage sounds juicy :D  Just a shame we haven't had an event mission on a neurodes planet :/

Crit/AP builds are king atm, due to armor scaling reducing elements to basically nothing. Rainbow works on Corpus tho;

Using a Crit/AP build, the Dual Vasto decimates the gremins due to a much higher fire rate. If you can click that fast, the vastos are the far better option.

Gremlins with both +crit mods = 10%*2.2=22% crit, 1.5*1.6=240% multiplier, 30 base dmg (39.24 factoring in crit)*5*1.6RoF = 313.92 AI DPS, 282.528 AP DPS - Before Serration and MS mods

DV with both +crit mods = 15%*2.2=33% crit, 1.5*1.6=2.4x multiplier, 50 base dmg (73.1 factoring in crit)*10*1.6RoF = 1169.6 Bullet DPS, 1052.64 AP DPS - before serration and MS mods

Armor ignoring dmg/shot is higher with the Gremlins; 39.24 AI and 35.316 AP per shot vs Vastos 65.8 AP damage.

Gremlins have a larger clip, factoring that (+full Ice storm and reload speed) into the dps above;

Gremlins 497.04 AI+AP DPS, Vastos 591.76 bullet dps + 532.59 AP dps

But realistically you cant click 16 times in one second, so..?

Basically its gonna boil down to personal preference, whether you like bolt weapons or bullet weapons.

And if you don't use a crit build (Corpus or anti-ancient builds) the vastos fall behind the Gremlins.

Edited by Darzk