The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE Zendesk - Why the hate? | How I resolved missing loot quickly

Joe_Barbarian

So last night I lost 18,000 Kuva due to a bugged extraction, I'll be honest, I was angry. What was going through my head was:

• This is going to take weeks to get dealt with.
  • I'm going to have to do another hour long survival.
  • Why should I bother in case it gets bugged out again.

General F*** this S*** Flipped the table.

All times are in GMT
However this happened at 3:22am (TLDR: I'm nocturnal, sue me)
I wrote my first ticket at 3:52am after venting at how long this would take as I believed it would take forever to deal with. (Made sure there was a video and screenshots)
At 5:05am I received the automated reply basically asking "Who, What, When, Where"
Replied at 5:30am with exact details.
At 5:56am I had received 16,400 Kuva (I guess they can't track the Smeeta Affinity Buff) But the Sortie gave me 6,000 Kuva so not so salty about the loss.

So I'm just going to throw this out there now that if you face loss of mission loot make sure you provide full details in your first ticket including screenshots if possible. After maybe an hour or so you'll get an automated reply asking these 4 questions:

1. * What are the **Names of the other Players** that received the item? 
  2. * What **One Item** do you want restored? 
  3. * **When** (date & time + your time zone) did you finish the mission? 
  4. * **Where** (Node / Derelict / alert) did you play the mission / which Void Relic did you use?

Send a reply to your ticket with each question with their answer below like below, don't add any information that is not related:

* What are the **Names of the other Players** that received the item? 
Name 1 / Name 2 / Name 3

* What **One Item** do you want restored? 
1 Oxium 

* **When** (date & time + your time zone) did you finish the mission? 
Mission started at around 02:20am GMT on the 4th October and finished around 03:22am.

* **Where** (Node / Derelict / alert) did you play the mission / which Void Relic did you use? 
E Prime - Earth

I'm pretty sure I got incredibly lucky with how fast this was resolved but considering the time this all happened I know it's not exactly prime time for DE staff to be dealing with tickets but I am seriously impressed and I can only assume that either it was sheer luck or because I provided every single piece of information quickly and clearly. So Kudos to support on this matter, just makes me think that some people on the forums / reddit shouting about how useless and slow they are being, are they just not providing all the information they need to resolve the matter as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Edited by Joe_Barbarian

I wish I knew how often host migrations happen that omit drops for mission completion. It's an unintentional deterrent for long runs in mission. I had it happen when ESO first dropped but otherwise I have been unscathed by it so far. Knock on wood. Glad support gave you something.

Well support retrieved my multiple lost items without problems and all under 3 days. Mostly when host migrations on ESO were a thing, got back some vandals and khora parts.

20 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

are they just not providing all the information they need to resolve the matter as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Mostly this, even at some point I just need to mention the host name and its all good. Good thing you can easily see your last squad names.

Good job OP. Shows that if you're calm and reasonable about it (let yourself vent first) then your problems can be resolved fairly painlessly.

I think there is a lot of hate because players send tickets while they're still angry, use a lot of salty language and leave out a lot of pertinent details...which doesn't give the helpdesk any incentive to act quickly, if at all.

7 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Good job OP. Shows that if you're calm and reasonable about it (let yourself vent first) then your problems can be resolved fairly painlessly.

I think there is a lot of hate because players send tickets while they're still angry, use a lot of salty language and leave out a lot of pertinent details...which doesn't give the helpdesk any incentive to act quickly, if at all.

^ That is what I was thinking about those people.

They do not share all needed info, demand fixes asap and spit their hatred to support. I know things can be frustrating but anger and impatience solve nothing. They have to vent off first and contact support after that.

All of my issues got fixed / solved in 3-5 days ( sometimes in hours ) when I provided everything they asked with respectful manner.

24 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

They do not share all needed info, demand fixes asap and spit their hatred to support. I know things can be frustrating but anger and impatience solve nothing. They have to vent off first and contact support after that.

All of my issues got fixed / solved in 3-5 days ( sometimes in hours ) when I provided everything they asked with respectful manner.

Yeah it's always important to do your best to remember Support are people too and they only get contacted when people have a problem and a lot of those people vent at Support when they are the last people who deserve to be vented at and certainly don't need that stress/irritation.