Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why doesn't Warframe have an AutoKick for AFKing?

Samsrocky

Am I the only one baffled by the Idea that the support team bans afkers? Why doesn't Warframe have an Auto kick feature just like every other game? Wouldn't this save DE and the player money and stress? Why ban players (Sometimes permanently depending on how many strikes) because they left their keyboard? I get that sometimes they are leeches that benefit off of the hard work of others, but wouldn't it make more sense to just kick them forfeiting the rewards? I am sure there is a vast majority of people that just get caught up in something at home and get punished because of this. I do see that there is no "probationary timer" on these bans either. They never revert to the initial warning or 3 day ban. For instance if I were to stop playing for a year it will seemingly keep stacking against my account. I can't be the only one that finds this rather redundant right?

Edited by Samsrocky
typo

24 minutes ago, Samsrocky said:

I am sure there is a vast majority of people that just get caught up in something at home and get punished because of this.

Why not just leave the mission, if you have to do some chores?
There is really no reason to go afk while being in a mission.

In what way? I've done multiple forum searches >__> 

Are you referring to Macros? If so couldn't you just report them as you do with all AFKers? Then the autokick would take care of the people who afk without malicious intent who would be banned for simply unexpectedly leaving their Keyboards. I honestly don't see a problem with this idea

On 2018-10-08 at 10:03 AM, Samsrocky said:

but wouldn't it make more sense to just kick them forfeiting the rewards?

I had a bad day and want to f*ck up strangers.

I am sure there is a vast majority of people that just get caught up in something at home and get punished because of this.

Missions usually don't last longer than 5 to 10 minutes except you want to do endurance runs...and then you made sure you have time or fight Eidolons. I have never gone afk in a mission for more than 1 minute in over 2k hours of mission time even with a Saryn in group.

I do see that there is no "probationary timer" on these bans either. They never revert to the initial warning or 3 day ban. For instance if I were to stop playing for a year it will seemingly keep stacking against my account.

Which is a good thing. Why should you be allowed to leech again if you took a break?

13 hours ago, Samsrocky said:

In what way? I've done multiple forum searches >__> 

this one for example. 

There are many many more: https://forums.warframe.com/search/?q=vote kick

On 2018-10-08 at 4:18 AM, GinKenshin said:

Because it can be abused....a simple forum search can tell you that >__>

Auto kick = automated.  There's no potential for abuse when its not in player control.  The game should kick people from any mission after 2-3 min of inactivity.  

Bungie does it in Destiny, it works fine.  Elder Scrolls Online does it, it works fine.  Warframe can do it, and it will work fine. 

That said it only works in the scope of "true" inactivity.  Most AFKers do it intentionally and will have no problem tapping a button or flicking the stick to break the timer.    

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

On 2018-10-08 at 4:28 AM, WhiteMarker said:

Why not just leave the mission, if you have to do some chores?
There is really no reason to go afk while being in a mission.

Exactly this.  Your problems shouldn't be everybody else's problems.  What goes on in one's home, be it chores or whatever else, should not be dropped onto 3 unsuspecting people.