Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Replayable Content in Warframe

Cephalycion

TL:DR; No.

Hi all, again I am here because of some youtube videos I watched, this time it was one from meme sage:

and another one from iFlynn:

Directly one after the other, so hmm, it was like a sign from the gods that I obviously have to make anothe forum post here right.

One of the more important topics I learned about from these videos is the concept of replayable content. iFlynn makes alot of good points in his video about how Warframe is not a pvp game that is infinitely replayable, and has a level cap where after you complete everything you simply have nothing else worth doing. 

Let us go back to Conclave. The way I see it, Conclave was Warframe's attempt at achieving infinite replayability, because of the nature of pvp itself. However nobody really plays Conclave, and not because Conclave isnt fun (it actually really is), its just that the main player population of warframe prefers pve over pvp.

Meme Sage on the other hand (in his intro) talks about how a person is bleeding from his wrists, and the doctors are just giving him more blood instead of treating the wound itself, which is a metaphor for how Warframe is constantly in a content drought because none or very little of the content is infinitely replayable.

Honestly, I agree more with iFlynn. In my opinion, "bleeding from the wrists" is just how Warframe, or any looter game, is meant to be. After you've achieved a certain high point, there is nothing left except to wait for more content from the developers.

This is not exactly ideal, but it is pretty normal when it comes this genre of games.

What do you guys think?

Cheers, 

Cepha

19 минут назад, Cephalycion сказал:

What do you guys think?

it was U8 or U9 i think, Update labeled as "bug fixing" update with no viable content for over a year, so i really don't get my people so upset about this year particularly. It's not the first year of "content drought".

Warframe is not the only game on the market, it's not the best game either. Warframe is just a game with its pros and cons. Play something else, it's not a big deal.

Warframe is a video game, as such Warframe is not a center of the universe, it seems people tend to take this game very seriously when entire gameplay of the Warframe by no means support or encourage such attitude.

Youtube actually put some videos about "content drought" etc. It's like a river of whine and complains. Some people have too much free time it seems.

Warframe can offer replayability on a massive scale if systems like Riven Mods were done correctly. Riven Mods would engage players for countless hours, but the issue is the nature that it is currently implemented in. If you believe that this game will not be replayable, then you will eventually get bored.

For example, I have the highest possible Mastery Rank points, I have a large sum of inventory items (Arcanes, Platinum, etc), but I still enjoy playing. Why? I set goals for myself that seem arbitrary to the normal player. At one point I cared about having every Content Creator Glyph (I stopped recently though as jumping through hoops for partners just is not worth my time), I have farmed 1,000,000,000 Affinity on Nova Prime just to look good on a profile, and I recently farmed over 1,000,000,000 Credits just because I could. I am also in the process of collecting ~160 Prodman Autographs from the Index for a ship decoration setup (I am at ~70 at this moment).

Players should be designing their own road map on what they want accomplished, but Digital Extremes should also be creating content that helps this along. Warframe players call this "the lack of endgame". You must make this game enjoyable after you hit the low bar that is set before you. If you cannot, then you simply stop playing. I hope the Arbitration system in the mainline update will alleviate this sense of lacking replayability.

Edited by Voltage

When people will stop coming here after watching YouTube videos and linking them and start thinking for themselves, giving their objective, original opinions in their own words? When will people start scouring forums for recent posts with similar ideas and post there instead of starting new ones? Who are you to talk about content drought when you aren't even halfway done with currently available content? This loop is getting worse every passing day.

22 hours ago, Asphyxxia said:

When people will stop coming here after watching YouTube videos and linking them and start thinking for themselves, giving their objective, original opinions in their own words? When will people start scouring forums for recent posts with similar ideas and post there instead of starting new ones? Who are you to talk about content drought when you aren't even halfway done with currently available content? This loop is getting worse every passing day.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I made this forum post because this topic never really got to me until I watched these videos. It was always there all along, but the fact that people find it worth to make a video on also makes it worth of forum discussion.

Content drought is not something that only people who are more than "halfway done with currently available content", can discuss, I find this topic rather interesting, because it really shows that the community can have wildly different points of view depending on how far into the game you are, and generally I am a firm believer that no topic should be restricted to any particular group of people only.

23 hours ago, Voltage said:

Warframe can offer replayability on a massive scale if systems like Riven Mods were done correctly. Riven Mods would engage players for countless hours, but the issue is the nature that it is currently implemented in. If you believe that this game will not be replayable, then you will eventually get bored.

For example, I have the highest possible Mastery Rank points, I have a large sum of inventory items (Arcanes, Platinum, etc), but I still enjoy playing. Why? I set goals for myself that seem arbitrary to the normal player. At one point I cared about having every Content Creator Glyph (I stopped recently though as jumping through hoops for partners just is not worth my time), I have farmed 1,000,000,000 Affinity on Nova Prime just to look good on a profile, and I recently farmed over 1,000,000,000 Credits just because I could. I am also in the process of collecting ~160 Prodman Autographs from the Index for a ship decoration setup (I am at ~70 at this moment).

Players should be designing their own road map on what they want accomplished, but Digital Extremes should also be creating content that helps this along. Warframe players call this "the lack of endgame". You must make this game enjoyable after you hit the low bar that is set before you. If you cannot, then you simply stop playing. I hope the Arbitration system in the mainline update will alleviate this sense of lacking replayability.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, definitely I agree with what you said, but also those achievements you were talking about such as 1,000,000,000 credits (I simply cannot fathom such wealth, one man should not have this much pedestal primes) don't really make up "true content" to me. True content to me is something you can actively work towards, and rewards you with something at the end.

Yes hopefully the arbitration system gives us something nice along these lines.

The youtubers have literally started a domino chain at this point one of them made a video about content drought and now all of them are jumping on the bandwagon.Yes we have had less content this year but we have also gotten rebalances of 2 entire weapon categories,a new story quest,sanctuary onslaught,multiple frame reworks,khora and revenant and fortuna is literally around the corner not to mention melee 3.0.

Just because us veterans have exhausted most content doesnt mean there has really been that much of a drought sure its a bit worse then usual but its not a big difference from say last year.Its almost like a build up period until a big update comes along.

I have gotten 4k hours of play time out of warframe with like maybe 20$ spent i cant really be angry about there not being enough content to keep me playing all the time no game lasts forever.

There are definetly some things that could be done to keep us playing like making raid like content with exclusive drops,rebalancing and changing the riven system so we could actually hunt for specific rivens and stats,maybe throw in some old events with new rewards to keep us busy but its obvious that all their attention is focused on Fortuna and Railjack at this point

7 часов назад, Cephalycion сказал:

don't really make up "true content" to me.

it's not. it's an artificial goal like 4hrs survivals, defenses, you name it. There is not much of a content in Warframe all things considered, and this is why nobody should take this game seriously in the first place. Warframe is a nice game to kill an hour or two, but that's it (imho).

I'm playing MHW when i have time and MHW is the game when progression and account development (or rather character development) lead to new heights, even if Monsters are the same, their difficulty increase tremendously. And character development allows you to fight those stronger versions, thus creating an almost endless loop. Plus combat system of MHW is better 😛

In the case of Warframe, a player is ready when he hits mr4 and completely ready when he hits mr 10. (hek and lanka). After that point, everything else is pointless really and it all comes down to artificial goals, like MR race for example. And thing is, such situation with the game is not something new. It's not something that suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Content drought is a permanent state of this game. DE only made a breakthrough with a PoE release and this is why i'm patiently waiting for Venus.

What i see here is a bunch of folks on YT decided to catch a hype on this "content drought" theme, nothing else.

Edited by Kel_Silonius

Raids... Trials were the only single piece of content that entertained an (admittedly small) portion of the community every day for years. Make Raids a bit more accessible (aka, tell players they exist), bit less buggy, give them some actual gameplay, throw in a new set of Arcanes, and you got some replayable content for that person that has done "everything".