Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should We Have A Monthly Poll?

PR0JAX

11 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Are you on crack?  All they had to do was change AW Launcher from a number to infinite.  In fact it would be alot cleaner code since you dont have to check inventories and subtract from inventories when you use one.  

Now it looks like they went one step further and I am absolutely stoked for it.  Activating either from your gear wheel just auto-equips.  Sure that took alot of brain power and time coding but that isnt something we needed way back at the start of poe.  Just having infinite uses would have been good enough.

It's more about how the code interacts with the rest of the game. We have no way of knowing what can go wrong, stuff from the entire gear wheel breaking to the ever present issue of getting stuck in the environment. The have to make sure that  it not only works right, but doesn't cause massive issues with other parts of the game.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Pizza_Parker said:

when you vote for something in real life you dont blame the people that made the poll, you blame those who voted for one of the options

That's because an elected body or representative government is obligated to follow the results of the poll. If the community voted to trash Fortuna and spend a year fixing existing content, DE would be stupid to follow that. And when the community started to riot over the content drought, they would rightly blame DE, not the people who voted for it. DE makes the game. All the responsibility is on them.

Polls on a monthly basis might be too frequent.
I would support a poll not on the forums, but in-game to reach a bigger audience.

After finishing a play-through of a new expansion - ask the players - how did we do?
Or ask returning players what made them come back. If they have not logged in for more than 60days.
Etc.

The poll would have to go out to the entire Warframe community every month, and not be isolated to the forums. By and large, Forums (even Reddit) for games usually make up a miniscule percentage of the player population and would not be a representative sample in any way, shape or form.

Also enough of the actual community as a whole would have to respond to make an actual representative sampling.

Edited by KokoroWish

1 hour ago, GrayArchon said:

If the community voted to trash Fortuna and spend a year fixing existing content, DE would be stupid to follow that. And when the community started to riot over the content drought, they would rightly blame DE, not the people who voted for it. DE makes the game. All the responsibility is on them.

this is not what i am suggesting.

the kind of poll: (content vs fix) doesnt work, but it could work if they made each thing separately.

they can decide for themselves what to focus on first (new items, reworks, content) and then make a poll about what would we prefer specifically in that section.

maybe the new content (like fortuna or other events) section wouldnt work since they probably have a schedule, but i could totally see something like that for cosmetics, reworks and bug fixes.

1 hour ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

Polls on a monthly basis might be too frequent.

If they were serious about a recurring one, you might be right.  Could be every quarter of the year or after every mainline though.  As long as it's not too infrequent and reaches enough people.

They did have one right after PoE iirc which they later referenced in a devstream, and that one seemed successful enough to a casual observer like myself.

Huh.  Anyways, I'm not sure if I've learned anything all that useful from this whole back and forth yet.  Perhaps I just haven't given it enough time.

It'd be nice if we could give clearer feedback, but maybe that's asking too much after all.  😄

Edited by PR0JAX