Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

broken kubrow/kavat textures! (broken again as of new war)

morningstar999

My kubrows are still not their previous selves, just broken in a different way. Agreed they don't look like haybrooms anymore, now they look like plastic brooms... where is the slick fur effect we had before? Why is the background fur rendered over the fur at the foreground? Why did they change Kubrow fur in the first place? Why is the change not mentioned anywhere in the patch notes? 

I wish somebody at DE would care enough to come over and explain why this is so complicated to get right.

http://i.imgur.com/93GUZJh.gifv 

It was a beautiful kubrow before... Wasn't it enough to throw my first dog through the airlock? (Remember the '501') Mutilate my second one so much I had to consign it? (The 'U16' incident https://forums.warframe.com/topic/459516-de-you-killed-my-best-friend-twice/) I'm...I'm tired. Could you at least say a word about it somewhere...anywhere?

Edited by lukaself

• 4 weeks later...
On 2019-01-13 at 3:46 AM, DolorousEd said:

Kubrow sloughi armour is totally broken, as well as the fur textures. https://imgur.com/a/YOW1izd

Come on!! It has been several months now! Why is it always like this with kubrows? :sadcry:

This is infuriating.

Yes it's not constructive anymore and maybe you don't intend it that way but when all you have to offer is silence, don't blame your players for drawing the wrong conclusions!

Edited by lukaself

On 2019-01-20 at 2:01 AM, morningstar999 said:

fur has been fixed on pc for nearlly a month, wont be too much longer since it'll be fixed on psp/xbox

Not by a long shot. We're nowhere near the slick fur we had before the screw-up. Check Dolorous Ed's post and compare it to your own first screenshot. I have twelve kubrows right now and they all look like a stiff 'WELCOME' mat for #*!%'s sake!! I have bred hundreds of these, trust me, I know what a kubrow looks like.

The slick fur effect is gone and the fur on the back legs and body is rendered over the fur on the front legs because of some botched transparency rendering the patterns barely distinguishable and the fur blocky. That's not fixed, not by any standards! (see my own gif on my post from the 19/12 nothing has changed since, it shows very well what's wrong with the transparency)

I know Warframe is and always will be a work in progress and I respect that, bugs will happen, we get it. Lack of communication on the other hand is never ok!

S1IWiM9.png

DOES THAT LOOK FIXED? Half the fur is completely transparent (the stripes are supposed to be 'manic black" btw) and I can see the POLYGONS to the naked eye dammit!!

AM I GETTING WAY TOO EMOTIONALLY INVESTED IN A VIDEO GAME? 

Edited by lukaself

1 hour ago, PlasmaJedi said:

Yeah, I THOUGHT those fur textures were still not right.

Indeed. OP, could you please remove that [fixed] tag from the thread title? Clearly it's not completely fixed and I'd rather not have to make a separate thread for the same bug. Thanks in advance.

Edited by lukaself

the lighting is harder, which makes them slightly less smooth, and sometimes you kinda can see through the texture on female athletics but this has been an issue with them ever since ive been breeding, (like 3 years) 

sadly its not perfect but i think this is the best we are going to get unless they change the lighting again. 

changes2.png

You really are understating how different your comparison shots are. The ones on the right look like the antialiasing is completely disabled. Only thing those two comparisons show it that it's less serious an issue than it was two months ago but It's still there. You also have to see it in movement. Kubrows fur literally glistened prior to the chimera update like in the video comparison and was reflecting the light like a dog fur would, it's not my memories, we have the video proof right there!

Now it's a flat-lighting doormat with coarse hair.  You also need to take it out of stasis to take comparison shots because the preview's lighting is really different than the game world's.

I've been a Crazy Kubrow Lady since 2014 and I noticed every slight change, been amazed at every undocumented improvement of the AI, I've been absolutely delighted to see the update that improved the fur and devastated to suffer silently through the myriad of bugs that even led to the loss of some of them. I grew tired of it... why should I even have to argue with people about a damn bug to begin with.

"You! You! Give us smooth!"
"Yes! You! Give us silky!"

Edited by lukaself

1 hour ago, lukaself said:

Now it's a flat-lighting doormat with coarse hair.  You also need to take it out of stasis to take comparison shots because the preview's lighting is really different than the game world's.

I've been a Crazy Kubrow Lady since 2014 and I noticed every slight change, been amazed at every undocumented improvement of the AI, I've been absolutely delighted to see the update that improved the fur and devastated to suffer silently through the myriad of bugs that even led to the loss of some of them. I grew tired of it... why should I even have to argue with people about a damn bug to begin with.

"You! You! Give us smooth!"
"Yes! You! Give us silky!"

im not saying its perfect like before Im saying I doubt they will give us another change because they'd have to rework the lighting of the whole game at this point. we are going to get a pet re-work this year in terms of breeds etc if we are lucky they will update how they look then as well. 

its the lighting thats the issue more than the texture itself at this point far as I can tell. 

Warframe8209.jpg

I'm not sure if this is the cause, but in low light missions, the texture bug can still be seen. It seems to be affected by the light from the Warframe in those kinds of missions.

Here are some reference pictures:

Warframe Light not directed on Kubrow:

Warframe0576.jpg

Warframe Light directed on Kubrow (front view):

Warframe0577.jpg

Warframe Light directed on Kubrow (side view):

Warframe0580.jpg

Edited by seedrow
Edit: Pictures didn't appear the first time

• 2 weeks later...

What the Void am I even looking at here?

zuwYU98.png

TCC1fWN.png

bvfZtZ4.png

Come on! we can see the model under the fur... it's like the transparency of the underfur got ramped up to 95%

What it looks like :

j7Z5zCL.png

What it's supposed to look like:

XB0GDqo.png

I have spent more than a thousand plats on kubrows probably more than two thousand actually, there's clearly something wrong for Lotus' sake! All I need is a few words of acknowledgement so I can move on knowing it will be taken care of at some point. I'm aware you're probably busy with more urgent stuff right now but I don't need it to be now, only to be known.

Bonus points underbrush kubrow:

What I bought :

2eSeQix.png

What I get now:

2Kl60oh.png

Edited by lukaself

On 2019-02-06 at 2:53 PM, lukaself said:

What the Void am I even looking at here?

zuwYU98.png

TCC1fWN.png

bvfZtZ4.png

Come on! we can see the model under the fur... it's like the transparency of the underfur got ramped up to 95%

What it looks like :

j7Z5zCL.png

What it's supposed to look like:

XB0GDqo.png

I have spent more than a thousand plats on kubrows probably more than two thousand actually, there's clearly something wrong for Lotus' sake! All I need is a few words of acknowledgement so I can move on knowing it will be taken care of at some point. I'm aware you're probably busy with more urgent stuff right now but I don't need it to be now, only to be known.

Bonus points underbrush kubrow:

What I bought :

2eSeQix.png

What I get now:

2Kl60oh.png

Try turning CC and bloom off. Because this wont get any better. Bloom and CC on are impossible to play with now.

1 hour ago, KairoJustice said:

Try turning CC and bloom off. Because this wont get any better. Bloom and CC on are impossible to play with now.

cWWjarL.png

I already had bloom off and I have been playing with color correction for years. Disabling it did help with the softness of the fur textures but it made the squares as visible as a checkerboard's. Also, without it warframe's engine can't even reach below 25 brightness so blacks look grey even on full dynamic range... 

Thanks for trying though @KairoJustice... Agreed the light in the Vallis is exceptional but everything with fine textures suffered from it, from operator hair to Kubrows, the kavats whiskers still look like iron shavings for instance.  When you look at the poor thing in my capture above you can see the kubrows are graphically broken in a multitude of ways and I'm afraid that in this crazy unsustainable race for content that warframe is in at the moment no developer will take the time to slow down and look at what they lost in the process.

I'm seriously considering closing my account over that and move on. It's depressing.

• Like 1

He's right, color correction gives you an innacurate representation of the beast's colors etc, so regardless of playing with it for years, if you want to see the pet properly, you turn off color correction. 

Also, the textures got fixed and look very nice now, though I think the colors were somewhat altered by what I think became an upgrade to their graphics.