Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good beginner weapons

Ingen100

Question

Hi guys, im about 30 hours into the game and id like to upgrade some of my weapons (all of them, primary, mele, and secondary).

What would you recommend at MR3 and MR4???? Also you can recommend good starter warframes to get at the beginning. 

9 answers to this question

Pretty much any Shotgun Primary is at worst gonna do ~well enough,
and there's quite the variety beyond just regular ol' boomsticks, too.

Vectis is a neat starter Sniper, you might get some good mileage out of that
not least if you're interested in diving into the Plains of Eidolon content early.

If a certain black & red edgelord has "visited" you,
you might have gotten Dread, a very good (MR5) Bow well worth investing in.

For Secondaries, how 'bout Sonicor? An AoE Status weapon
with not least an immense entertainment factor thanks to ragdoll mechanics.

While maybe not too impressive by default, if you craft a Furis,
you may want to hold on to it for when you get the Winds of Purity Augment from New Loka,
which provides Health as well as a radial damage (and Armor-shredding) blast.

At MR5, yeah, indeed do pick up Atomos, along with Kulstar. Super fun weapons.

Melee-wise, I really enjoyed Galatine back in the day,
though there are a bunch of better Heavy Blades out there
so I can't fully endorse you to commit to this one.

Atterax is a Crit monster that also provides Slash proc pwnage
(Slash procs are amazing against Armor and Shields, ignoring those completely).

Tipedo is another neat Crit / Status hybrid.

Guandao, like most Polearms, has stupid range, so that could be fun.

Definitely check out Redeemer. It's a Gunblade. Yep.

Volnus is a big ol' Hammer. Made out of glass. Bloody hell. For your enemies.

For clearing the Star Chart, Rhino is a common suggestion.
Besides Iron Skin keeping you alive, he's also got a nicely varied skillset.

Oberon was my first-crafted Frame, and I certainly don't regret it, another very versatile Frame.

There's also Frost, great for Defense missions ... and pretty much everything else, really.

From your Clan Dojo's Research (BTW, join a Clan if you haven't yet),
you can get e.g. Zephyr, who shines on the Plains (wee soaring through the open skies)
but also does well in regular content, not least thanks to being basically bullet proof.

As soon as you reach cetus, zaws. Especially the parts avaiable at the plage star event (which should've endet on pc not too recently...)

Especially the pole type weapons are god tier melee later on once you unlock the better parts and even the early versions beat most melee weapons by a margin.

Melee is wildly superior to any gun that doesn't have a min/maxed build so a zaw might be a good start.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

As soon as you reach cetus, zaws.

I mean, it'll take a little bit more than just reaching Cetus to get to the point where you have full access to Zaw creation.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Especially the parts avaiable at the plage star event (which should've endet on pc not too recently...)

... yeah, and thus those parts aren't available, and won't be for quite a while.

So, not really sure how mentioning them could help a new player right now 😛

1. Get every weapon with MK1 in its name, level it fully, then replace it with the superior non-MK1 versions. Lato and Braton are also available for straight creds, get those next.

2. Watch the invasions. Some of them will provide you with gun parts. Do the invasions, collect the gun parts, and get the non-wraith/vandal versions of those weapons to level up and try out while you're gathering the bits for the better ones.

3. Make friends with one to three syndicates in the relays, see the weapons they offer. Those are superior versions of normal weapons, get the normal versions, level them fully, and if you like them get the better ones from the syndicate.

4. Look for weapons that use other weapons as parts, like the Lesion and Hystrix. Use the component weapons before sacrificing them to the foundry in the name of firepower, and if you like them, check to see if there's a superior version (prime, vandal, or wraith, etc) for you to add to your arsenal.

5. Check your profile, and under equipment sort by rank to see what you haven't leveled up yet. Use this to find new things to try.

And where frames are concerned:

The ones you can get from boss fights will be worth trying out. A few of those are:

Frost. Useful for defending points, has good survivability.

Ember. Good at frying large groups of lesser enemies, and that ring of fire one of her spells leaves on the ground gives you bonus damage if you shoot through it.

Mag. Good at knocking enemies over, and punishing enemies that use guns, have shields, or wear armour. Less good at fighting things that use poison.

Hydroid. With the right augment, good at looting. Without that augment, pretty tanky and respectable at crowd control.

Rhino. He majored in tanking, and minored in support and crowd control at Warframe U.

Then there's the clan lab crew:

Volt. Fast, a little fragile, decent at crowd control, and useful for fighting giant monsters, since his shield thingy boosts damage of things fired through it.

Wukong. Kind of weird, very durable.

Zephyr. Shockingly mobile with some good tank capabilities.

Nezha. Most of Rhino's durability, all of Sailor Moon's hair. Also pretty respectable in a support role.

Banshee. Not durable, but also good at making the enemy much less durable. Her passive is extra-hilarious when used with explosive weapons.

Beyond that, just noodle around the starchart, doing quests and trying out whatever hardware you find on the way.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb NinjaZeku:

I mean, it'll take a little bit more than just reaching Cetus to get to the point where you have full access to Zaw creation.

... yeah, and thus those parts aren't available, and won't be for quite a while.

So, not really sure how mentioning them could help a new player right now 😛

I'm on ps4 so i wasn't certain, he may have gotten them while it was and it's good to keep it in the back of his head should he have not 🤷🏻‍♂️ they're strong enough to be somewhat of a must have imo so it's definitly something worth remembering the next time we get it.