Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best place on earth to farm for neurodes

NotTungsten

Question

10 answers to this question

On 2018-10-15 at 3:58 AM, baked00 said:

If you can bring a Nekros, do it. If not, don't sweat, it's no big deal.

Dark Sectors are your best bet for mats farming. Even though both DS nodes on Earth are locked behind the Vay Hek assassination, which needs MR5, if you get taxied to a node on a planet you've unlocked you get that node unlocked after - just get a kind soul to taxi you to one of the Dark Sectors if you can't complete the Oro node for whatever reason.

Plague Star is a recurring event that happens once every 200 or so days, I believe. It's recently finished so it won't happen again for a while, but I find that it's a fantastic way to top off on neurodes due to all of the Infested you need to kill, and you can get a lot of other good stuff from the event (exclusive Zaw parts, cool mods, fully built Forma).

Once you get deeper into the game, other good Neurode farms open up: Eris, the last planet in the system, is overrun by Infestation and drops Neurodes fairly commonly. It has a Dark Sector survival mission. Only problems are it's high level (30-40) content and takes a while to get to. And because you need to complete certain quests before you can get there, you'll already have unlocked Lua.

Lua is, IMO, the best midgame grind for Neurodes. Pick the Survival for extended visits, or Exterminate for quick runs of 1-2 Neurodes. Not only do the enemies have chances to drop the Neurodes, and are slightly lower level than Eris, the special enemies that come in every 5 minutes have a VERY good (like nearly guaranteed) chance to drop a Neurodes, and will also drop rare mods, stances and weapon parts for the War. You can also pick up a special resource from them that you can only get otherwise from Eidolon hunts, so it's useful if you want to craft the Phantasma or Revenant without participating in Eidolon hunts.

Also there's the Derelict. You'll need keys and it's high level like Eris, but you can get the Octavia neuroptics there, and do vault runs, and Lephantis runs for neurodes AND Nekros parts.

Thanks ill do what i can

High population density is best to maximize your number of chances. I would suggest Everest which is a popular Excavation mission. It also shows up as a Lith fissure relatively often and you'll have a better chance of finding a veteran team that wants to stay and grind it for a while.

Also at the start of the mission you could put in chat "I'm looking for neurodes, please mark if you see some drop", most people are nice and will help you out.

Edited by Momaw

If you can bring a Nekros, do it. If not, don't sweat, it's no big deal.

Dark Sectors are your best bet for mats farming. Even though both DS nodes on Earth are locked behind the Vay Hek assassination, which needs MR5, if you get taxied to a node on a planet you've unlocked you get that node unlocked after - just get a kind soul to taxi you to one of the Dark Sectors if you can't complete the Oro node for whatever reason.

Plague Star is a recurring event that happens once every 200 or so days, I believe. It's recently finished so it won't happen again for a while, but I find that it's a fantastic way to top off on neurodes due to all of the Infested you need to kill, and you can get a lot of other good stuff from the event (exclusive Zaw parts, cool mods, fully built Forma).

Once you get deeper into the game, other good Neurode farms open up: Eris, the last planet in the system, is overrun by Infestation and drops Neurodes fairly commonly. It has a Dark Sector survival mission. Only problems are it's high level (30-40) content and takes a while to get to. And because you need to complete certain quests before you can get there, you'll already have unlocked Lua.

Lua is, IMO, the best midgame grind for Neurodes. Pick the Survival for extended visits, or Exterminate for quick runs of 1-2 Neurodes. Not only do the enemies have chances to drop the Neurodes, and are slightly lower level than Eris, the special enemies that come in every 5 minutes have a VERY good (like nearly guaranteed) chance to drop a Neurodes, and will also drop rare mods, stances and weapon parts for the War. You can also pick up a special resource from them that you can only get otherwise from Eidolon hunts, so it's useful if you want to craft the Phantasma or Revenant without participating in Eidolon hunts.

Also there's the Derelict. You'll need keys and it's high level like Eris, but you can get the Octavia neuroptics there, and do vault runs, and Lephantis runs for neurodes AND Nekros parts.