Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Void and Tenno Void Walk Through Enemies

Duskuro

When your tenno is in void mode you can walk through enemies. its pretty useful. when limbo is in void mode, he can't. It doesn't make any sense and should seriously be fixed. I like speedrunning with limbo and its annoying when mobs decide to block the door

Limbo does not enter the Void, he enters the Rift. They're different things. The Rift is a parallel dimension that just barely touches the one that most frames interact with. Only Void energy can pass through it, which is why Warframes can use their abilities through it. 

I agree with the sentiment, though. It is frustrating to be bodyblocked by enemies that can't affect you. It'd be a nice change to allow Limbo to pass through enemies that are on different planes as him. 

54 minutes ago, Aejan said:

Limbo does not enter the Void, he enters the Rift. They're different things. The Rift is a parallel dimension that just barely touches the one that most frames interact with. Only Void energy can pass through it, which is why Warframes can use their abilities through it. 

I agree with the sentiment, though. It is frustrating to be bodyblocked by enemies that can't affect you. It'd be a nice change to allow Limbo to pass through enemies that are on different planes as him. 

Particularly so given that Limbo does phase through enemy attacks, including enemy melee attacks. There's a precedent for him phasing through things and even enemies when riftbound.

8 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Particularly so given that Limbo does phase through enemy attacks, including enemy melee attacks. There's a precedent for him phasing through things and even enemies when riftbound.

I think it's tough from a coding perspective because under-the-hood, the Rift is handled basically like a debuff. There is no separate dimension from a mechanical perspective; Limbo just gives himself and others a special debuff that limits who they can deal damage to. 

Just now, Aejan said:

I think it's tough from a coding perspective because under-the-hood, the Rift is handled basically like a debuff. There is no separate dimension from a mechanical perspective; Limbo just gives himself and others a special debuff that limits who they can deal damage to. 

Thing is, the same could be said for Void mode, and DE made it work there.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

Thing is, the same could be said for Void mode, and DE made it work there.

I mean, I could see issues happening. Enemies in the Rift might be able to pass through enemies outside of it, and then they might suddenly not be in the Rift, which means they'd have to code what happens when two enemies occupying the same space need to be shunted apart, etc. It's a lot of work for something that is basically a QoL change. 

while in Void mode, the operator basically turn him\herself into void energy, that is how they can do void dash and transference..

Limbo on the other hand still have physical body while entering alternate dimension called Limbo.. because the Limbo dimension probably operating in different frequency vs the real dimension, it make it so anything within the limbo dimension unable to interact with anything in the real dimension which is why the enemies cant hit you, and you cant pick up item or interact with console.. but you are not intangible, so the enemies can still see you and touch you, just unable to interact with you... which means you cant phase through enemies or walk pass wall..

tldr: Operator transform into Void Energy while Limbo just enter a parallel dimension so all physic still apply to Limbo..

8 hours ago, Aejan said:

I mean, I could see issues happening. Enemies in the Rift might be able to pass through enemies outside of it, and then they might suddenly not be in the Rift, which means they'd have to code what happens when two enemies occupying the same space need to be shunted apart, etc. It's a lot of work for something that is basically a QoL change. 

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard there was a simulacrum bug a while back that could spawn enemies on top of each other. In that scenario, both enemies took the damage directed at each other. I assume the same would apply for enemies in a rift scenario.

8 hours ago, (PS4)calvin_0 said:

while in Void mode, the operator basically turn him\herself into void energy, that is how they can do void dash and transference..

Limbo on the other hand still have physical body while entering alternate dimension called Limbo.. because the Limbo dimension probably operating in different frequency vs the real dimension, it make it so anything within the limbo dimension unable to interact with anything in the real dimension which is why the enemies cant hit you, and you cant pick up item or interact with console.. but you are not intangible, so the enemies can still see you and touch you, just unable to interact with you... which means you cant phase through enemies or walk pass wall..

tldr: Operator transform into Void Energy while Limbo just enter a parallel dimension so all physic still apply to Limbo..

Bullets pass directly through Limbo when he's using the Rift, but they hit the Operator in void mode, just simply doing no damage.

The blocking is meh. but can be solved by operator mode and dash -> solved

I have noticed something different tho. Limbo is now slower in casting and rolling. so I cannot get in to the rift imidietly as I leave the rift bubble. wihch leaves 2 seconds windonw, where enemies can oneshot me in any kind of higher level fights. That effectively killed Limbo for me. and I didnt even see it mentioned anywhere... =/

I think this is entirely programmatical, though...

Limbo can't walk through anything designated as 'Objects' (things you can't clip through) such as Walls, Boxes and Floors. Enemies are considered Objects so that all the other functions can work on them, such as being able to parkour off their faces and so that Punch Through on weapons is a thing. So Limbo can't walk through them because of that basic problem.

An interesting note is that even if the enemy falls over, it's still a blocker for a frame trying to run through that space, and the only time that an enemy stops being a blocker is when it's ragdolled.

I think we can agree that having Limbo bowling-ball through every enemy he encounters, ragdolling them so that he can pass through that space, might be just a tiiiiiiiny bit overpowered for a passive function (particularly when combined with melee or his other Rift functions), so I don't think it's going to happen.