Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snipetron For Grand Masters

DarkKingSlayer

Lanka. 

EDIT:

WHY NOT?!

Those 11k critical head-shots are beautiful! 

EDITx2: 

My only complaint about the Lanka is that it is no longer a Rail-gun. 

I don't like charge mechanics myself, but I use the Lanka anyway for its insane damage. Hitting 60k+ per shot with Sonar is hilarious.

The combination of charge + non-hitscan makes me sad.

Edited by gallowsCalibrator

Enjoy your shiny pimp gat and your pile of plat big enough to buy every single (non-clantech) item in the game. If I had popped down 200 bucks because I was looking for value for money rather than a desire to support the game, I would have a new computer by now.

For most employed people, 200 bucks is not a trivial spend - you should make this value judgment before you pull out your card.

Edited by UnearthedArcana

Are you kidding me?

We have...two sniper rifles which are currently available. There are a total of four, but of course the snipetron (vandal) is unavailable.

We have eleven rifles, ten of which are currently available. 

We have five shotguns, four of which are currently available.

Because the main difference between the two best sniper rifles right now is that one has a charge and one does not.  If the new sniper is going to be more than just a point and click, wonderful, bring it on; but otherwise... we already have it done.  The only thing that will be accomplished by making another sniper that functions the same as either lanka or vulkur ( /vandaltron if you have it) would be allowing players to attain another 3k mastery points.  I have no idea what the new rifle is supposed to be as I am not on the DC, but pretty much, sniper rifles work fairly similar to each other: you zoom, you aim, you click, something dies.  Further than that, you're going into non-sniper rifle territory.

As far as the current available weapons go, I think many of them are just rehashes of each other (braton prime outdoes 6 or 7 other weapons, arguably 5/17 pistols are actually different, most melee weps function as reskins), with either strict upgrades or minor and insubstantial differences, and future weapons should aim to be FUNCTIONALLY different, not statistically different.  If the difference between an old and a new weapon is purely higher stats, old weapon should just be buffed (primes are a diffrent discussion all together).  As someone who has made almost every single weapon, I can tell you right now that I pick the best of the functionally different weapons or ones that are difficult to obtain (looking at you, hate and dread) and sell the rest.  Because why bother keeping 8 rifles when one is just flat out better than the others?  Or 20+ melee weps that are just COMPLETELY outdone by another?

Edited by MeteorKing

Because the main difference between the two best sniper rifles right now is that one has a charge and one does not.  If the new sniper is going to be more than just a point and click, wonderful, bring it on; but otherwise... we already have it done.  The only thing that will be accomplished by making another sniper that functions the same as either lanka or vulkur ( /vandaltron if you have it) would be allowing players to attain another 3k mastery points.  I have no idea what the new rifle is supposed to be as I am not on the DC, but pretty much, sniper rifles work fairly similar to each other: you zoom, you aim, you click, something dies.  Further than that, you're going into non-sniper rifle territory.

As far as the current available weapons go, I think many of them are just rehashes of each other (braton prime outdoes 6 or 7 other weapons, arguably 5/17 pistols are actually different, most melee weps function as reskins), with either strict upgrades or minor and insubstantial differences, and future weapons should aim to be FUNCTIONALLY different, not statistically different.  If the difference between an old and a new weapon is purely higher stats, old weapon should just be buffed (primes are a diffrent discussion all together).  As someone who has made almost every single weapon, I can tell you right now that I pick the best of the functionally different weapons or ones that are difficult to obtain (looking at you, hate and dread) and sell the rest.  Because why bother keeping 8 rifles when one is just flat out better than the others?  Or 20+ melee weps that are just COMPLETELY outdone by another?

The new sniper rifle is concept art. That is literally it. They're doing the assault rifle and shotgun first.

The problem is that the Vulkar isn't a good gun. The Lanka is, but for those who didn't make it to the Vandaltron event, there is no good hitscan sniper rifle. Those who want a good rifle, hitscan or projectile, have choices, including in functionality. 

The only good sniper rifle for those who don't have a snipetron is the Lanka. Because seriously, who wants to use a gun that doesn't ignore armor when the Lanka does twice the damage, ignores armor, has 2.5x the clip size, and reloads twice as fast?

There isn't variety in sniper rifles. There is one good gun, and one good gun that nobody can get anymore.

the Snipetron was removed from the game due to Lore. but people liked it, so they built an event about it so people could last chance grab it.

but it still was removed from the game due to Lore conflicts. 

that's... the end of the story. 

Don't take away my feels.

the profit numbs the feeling

The new sniper rifle is concept art. That is literally it. They're doing the assault rifle and shotgun first.

The problem is that the Vulkar isn't a good gun. The Lanka is, but for those who didn't make it to the Vandaltron event, there is no good hitscan sniper rifle. Those who want a good rifle, hitscan or projectile, have choices, including in functionality. 

The only good sniper rifle for those who don't have a snipetron is the Lanka. Because seriously, who wants to use a gun that doesn't ignore armor when the Lanka does twice the damage, ignores armor, has 2.5x the clip size, and reloads twice as fast?

There isn't variety in sniper rifles. There is one good gun, and one good gun that nobody can get anymore.

If the idea is to release a better sniper because the current available ones are bad or charge, then just buff the bad one...  Why do we need a new weapon that is litereally made to take the place of another?  Why not just rework the current one to be the new one?  I've yet to make the Lanka (the charge aspect is a huge turn-off for me and the fact that it's not hitscan just makes me even more likely to delay it's production), but it is at least a functionally different version of a sniper rifle to actually give you a choice between it or another weapon.

My point is that new art is cool, but not every skin has a unique idea behind it.  If the backing behind that new concept art is "just make a sniper that is better than vulkar," then just buff vulkar and release the concept art as a skin.  There is 0 reason to keep making weapons that just make their predecessors useless.  If you're driving too slow you give it more gas, not buy a new car. Tweak existing weapons and make skins, not rehashed weapons.

Edited by MeteorKing

If the idea is to release a better sniper because the current available ones are bad or charge, then just buff the bad one...  Why do we need a new weapon that is litereally made to take the place of another?  Why not just rework the current one to be the new one?  I've yet to make the Lanka (the charge aspect is a huge turn-off for me and the fact that it's not hitscan just makes me even more likely to delay it's production), but it is at least a functionally different version of a sniper rifle to actually give you a choice between it or another weapon.

My point is that new art is cool, but not every skin has a unique idea behind it.  If the backing behind that new concept art is "just make a sniper that is better than vulkar," then just buff vulkar and release the concept art as a skin.  There is 0 reason to keep making weapons that just make their predecessors useless.  If you're driving too slow you give it more gas, not buy a new car. Tweak existing weapons and make skins, not rehashed weapons.

You might as well ask why we start with the MK-1 Braton instead of the Braton, since the Braton is a direct upgrade in every way. Why do we have four versions of the same gun?

The backing behind the concept art was probably not "make a better Vulkar," but rather "make a Tenno sniper rifle because there isn't one." The same was probably true for the shotgun.

The reason you don't build the Lanka is the same reason I want a good hitscan rifle. I have no choice but to use the Lanka because the Vulkar sucks. I would much rather use a hitscan weapon, but I can't. I do have the Vulkar, but I have no reason to use it. I keep it in hopes that it won't be terrible in the future.

You might as well ask why we start with the MK-1 Braton instead of the Braton, since the Braton is a direct upgrade in every way. Why do we have four versions of the same gun?

The backing behind the concept art was probably not "make a better Vulkar," but rather "make a Tenno sniper rifle because there isn't one." The same was probably true for the shotgun.

The reason you don't build the Lanka is the same reason I want a good hitscan rifle. I have no choice but to use the Lanka because the Vulkar sucks. I would much rather use a hitscan weapon, but I can't. I do have the Vulkar, but I have no reason to use it. I keep it in hopes that it won't be terrible in the future.

My point exactly.  Why dont we start with the Braton?  The MK-1 is litereally just around until you have enough to buy the Braton, and the Braton isn't like the pinnacle of usefulness either.  That argument aside, Braton Prime still outdoes multiple other guns, much as many weapons make a half-dozen others useless.

That's fine in idea, but if you're going to have 3 varients (disregarding prime and infested: Tenno, Corpus, Grineer) of every kind of weapon, with no real difference between them, then that's just overkill.  From what I've seen so far, Corpus are energy weapons, Tenno are striaghtforward, and Grineer are inefficient but spamable.  While this is fine for a game with, say, 20 weapons total, it doesn't work in the confines of a game with 70+.

So what you're saying is you want Vulkar... just better?  That's satisfied by a buff.

My point exactly. Why dont we start with the Braton? The MK-1 is litereally just around until you have enough to buy the Braton, and the Braton isn't like the pinnacle of usefulness either. That argument aside, Braton Prime still outdoes multiple other guns, much as many weapons make a half-dozen others useless.

That's fine in idea, but if you're going to have 3 varients (disregarding prime and infested: Tenno, Corpus, Grineer) of every kind of weapon, with no real difference between them, then that's just overkill. From what I've seen so far, Corpus are energy weapons, Tenno are striaghtforward, and Grineer are inefficient but spamable. While this is fine for a game with, say, 20 weapons total, it doesn't work in the confines of a game with 70+.

So what you're saying is you want Vulkar... just better? That's satisfied by a buff.

(Random tidbit: My most used weapon is still the Braton for some reason, even though I have the Prime version and a bunch of better guns, haha. The Lanka might have very recently surpassed it, though)

But don't ask me about the motivations of DE for making the new sniper rifle. That's my best guess, but I'm not them, so I can't be sure. All I know is I want a Vulkar that doesn't suck. (Which is currently the Snipetron/Vandal) A buff would make me happy (especially since the Vulkar's firing sound is awesome), but I like the model of the new rifle as well.

Edited by gallowsCalibrator

(Random tidbit: My most used weapon is still the Braton for some reason, even though I have the Prime version and a bunch of better guns, haha. The Lanka might have very recently surpassed it, though)

But don't ask me about the motivations of DE for making the new sniper rifle. That's my best guess, but I'm not them, so I can't be sure. All I know is I want a Vulkar that doesn't suck. (Which is currently the Snipetron/Vandal) A buff would make me happy (especially since the Vulkar's firing sound is awesome), but I like the model of the new rifle as well.

Probably because you used it more than you remember and racked up a butt-load of xp on it (kind of like I did with boltor before I started toting around my vandaltron and flux).

I understand that it's not ultimately up to you, but it's important that the community understand what it is that they're asking for.  Otherwise DE gets the impression that they should just churn out items regardless of their additive value to the game.  Quality content is what is needed right now, not quantity.  NEW isn't always better.  Sometimes people just want what they have, but better.  I know that if they went back and redid a lot of the weapons that I might (probably not since I've got some potato+multiple forma weps, but maybe) go back and remake them if they had a distinct difference and purpose.  But as of now... I'm not gonna make x when y and z are the same, and in a lot of cases, better. 

I have no idea what the new rifle is supposed to be as I am not on the DC, but pretty much, sniper rifles work fairly similar to each other: you zoom, you aim, you click, something dies.  Further than that, you're going into non-sniper rifle territory.

It can be a bolt-action one. Some people asked for that and we don't have that kind yet. Or explosive sniper. Or ricocheting bullets.

Edited by zyraconne

I would like to think that by purchasing the Grand Master founder package I earned the right to have one of the more powerful weapons in the game. 

Yes.

You would like to THINK that.

Sadly, your opinion is just = "i paid,i HAVE to get special stuff", and guess what?You had special stuff.Solar landmark?Master badge?three otherwise unobtainable prime?

Imagine if people like me,who spend money here (and maybe are closed beta tester,wich means they contributed for a long time with feedback and stuff,and mostly followed every event) but didn't spend as much as you, started crying :

"Bo-ohh, i followed this game longer than most of the grand masters, i DESERVE their stuff!I WOULD LIKE TO THINK THAT I MUST HAVE ACCESS TO THE RAREST STUFF,NO?"

That would be stupid,childish and incredibly unfair of your money value.

So is your request, i am not trying to be rude,but thread like this aren't new,first it was just for the lato vandal,then the braton vandal,and now the godly snipetron vandal.I had enough.

Because time IS money,so just because i didn't pay a zillion bucks to be founder, that doesn't make me less important than you, since i "spent" much more time on the game.

And by that,i don't mean to farm 1.000 hours xini or stuff like that.I mean that every hotfix,every event,pach and add to the game is experienced and feedbacked (Is it a word?) as soon as possible.That's "investing time" for a beta tester.

You will never get snipertron vandal, eventually they will make other good snipers (lanka isn't that bad), since you don't deserve anything more than what you willingly paid for.

Edited by JusticeJack

It can be a bolt-action one. Some people asked for that and we don't have that kind yet. Or explosive sniper. Or ricocheting bullets.

Bolt action would literally just bea slow firing rifle that everyone would put speed mods on.

Ricochet and exploding sound more like mods, but if that's the idea for the gun, I'd say that's reasonably different enough to justify a new weapon. I'd actually really like a "magic bullet" rifle. Like 50-75% damage, but if you get a head shot it'll also tag the nearest 2 enemies as well, or something.

Why are people so far off-topic? Someone willing to spend $250 is only asking that DE consider putting a snipetron in the grandmaster package. It not the strongest or best weapon in game. The fact there is still a demand for the snipetron alone should give DE pause and consider adding it back in game because people still want it. I have my original Snipetron and the Vandal snipetron and it wouldn't effect me in the least if he got a snipetron too.