Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Staticor: Splitting primary and charged fire.

[DE]Grzegorz

12 hours ago, taiiat said:

you're comparing Damage for Ammo, but the Ammunition doesn't matter. all that matters is how fast things get dead.

Given its stats, do you realize what tiny (if any) window of opportunity there is for charged shot to actually be in any way beneficial? It's 3s charge for 4x damage, the weapon can also fire 3.5 times a second, do the maths.

Edited by JuicyButthurt

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

a part of the Variable Charge - the Radius was also Variable.

Thanks. I think that makes it more likely uncharged 8m radius is unintended.

I'm not following your point about charged damage being competitive with uncharged though, unless you're just talking about burst.  What am I missing?

12 hours ago, taiiat said:

you're comparing Damage for Ammo, but the Ammunition doesn't matter. all that matters is how fast things get dead.
obviously applying Stacking Status is faster if you are firing Uncharged Shots - though needing to Strip Armor with your Weapon at all is a slow Killing scenario in the first place.

There isn't a single case in which the charged fire kills anything quicker. It has lower DPS, you can put non charged shots faster down range.

8 hours ago, JuicyButthurt said:

Given its stats, do you realize what tiny (if any) window of opportunity there is for charged shot to actually be in any way beneficial? It's 3s charge for 5x damage, the weapon can also fire 3.5 times a second, do the maths.

It is 4x damage for 4x ammo. Information on wiki regarding the charge is wrong. You can test that in Simulacrum if you don't want to believe the screenshots I already posted. And yeah, it is true that non-charged shots have higher dps.

7 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Thanks. I think that makes it more likely uncharged 8m radius is unintended.

How did it end up in the official patch notes then? It was most definitely intended, but the things which is unknown is how much thought was actually put into it.

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime

40 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

How did it end up in the official patch notes then? It was most definitely intended, but the things which is unknown is how much thought was actually put into it.

I already gave my answer on the last page.  You don't need to keep quoting the patch notes at me. 😛      

It was just a guess, just like "It was intended, but poorly thought out" is a guess.  (And I'll admit, a very reasonable one.)  The only advantage my guess has, is that the wording of the patch note then makes more sense. 

It's fun to guess!...but really I don't care about that compared to getting the balance between charged, uncharged, and partially charged shots right.  I love this weapon, and I want a reason to use all its capabilities.