Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seeking advice regarding riven mod challenge

Sigonnen

Question

Hello guys, 

So I got my first riven mod. The challenge is: kill 4 dragon pilots before they hit the ground. I have put on the weapon the mod. Looked up and down on the Internet for answers and i can not do the challenge. First I tried with my dread. I have been wondering around the Plains. Then I tried on Koro. Usually they blow up in 1 shot so there are no pilots to kill. Then I tried with a sniper. I just realized, wow I have managed to kill 1 of 4. No idea when, how, but it was with dread. Now with the sniper, I don't only kill them before they hit the ground, I simply kill them, and the dragyn doesn't even blow up, simply lands on the ground. I thought, maybe it is not done because the flying S#&$ didn't blow up, only the pilot. So I went to Koro. Machine blown up, no pilot. No progress. Now I thought... Okay maybe it is because I already made progress with dread, so now I have to stick to it(hence the different disposition) so I changed back. Still no god damn progress. Then I saw somebody mentioned, as long as you have the weapon with the mod on, you can kill them anyways. So I put on Mesa, dread, riven mod, use her 4th, S#&$ down the flying crap, shot down its pilot. No progress. So I am sooo god damn frustrated I alt+f4. And on the plains it is also sooo god damn difficult to find them. Any idea? Possibly a bug? I mean, seriously I can not get my first riven? 

Please give me some advice guys! Really appreciate your help! 

13 answers to this question

Pretty sure some say equinox maim build. 

Personally I'd be going straight up sniper you just need to hit them from 'behind' so you're hitting the pilot not the dargyn.  Pretty sure I did have this actual challenge and that's how I did it.

You can use some warframe powers like Titania's first or Nidus' second skill to lift them back off the ground after the pilot finishes falling and it'll still count for those Riven challenges.

Edited by Ailyene

1 minute ago, Ailyene said:

You can use some warframe powers like Titania's first or Nidus' second skill to lift them back off the ground after the pilot finishes falling and it'll still count for those ones.

Unfortunately I only own Rhino, Volt, Nekros, Mesa, Valkyr

Just now, Ailyene said:

I'm not sure, but Rhino stomp might also count.  Its worth a try I guess if you have nothing else.

It does indeed. I had to do a similar challenge (4 pilots before they hit the ground while sliding). Rhino Stomp them before they get into their dargyn, shoot them, profit.

do the Titania quest, if they haven't changed/nerfed/fixed it yet Titania's first ability makes mobs float. So even if you kill a pilot after they hit the ground or as they are walking on the ground when you use Titani's 1 and kill them it counts

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

Personally I'd be going straight up sniper you just need to hit them from 'behind' so you're hitting the pilot not the dargyn.

That does not work. You must destroy the dargyn and then shoot the falling pilot out of the air before they hit the ground. Or use one of various warframe abilities as mentioned by others.

Shoot the Dargyn from the front using a weapon without punchthrough or you'll just kill the pilot and it won't count. I use a very high power strength Ember to do this one personally. Just press 4 and it'll get done for me.

11 minutes ago, Erytroxylin said:

That does not work. You must destroy the dargyn and then shoot the falling pilot out of the air before they hit the ground. Or use one of various warframe abilities as mentioned by others.

Shoot the Dargyn from the front using a weapon without punchthrough or you'll just kill the pilot and it won't count. I use a very high power strength Ember to do this one personally. Just press 4 and it'll get done for me.

Tried with Mesa 4 and it still did not progress. Or does it only show progress once I have exited plains through cetus? 

Edited by Sigonnen

22 minutes ago, Erytroxylin said:

Strange as like I say I'm pretty sure I had the challenge and that's how I did it....

1 hour ago, Sigonnen said:

This is such a bullS#&$ challenge it is fantastic. Whoever thought this is a challenge, obviously did not try to do so. 

Lots of people have said that Mesa works for them but you need to shoot the dargyns when they are approaching. If you hit Escape twice, your additional objectives will pop up at the bottom of the screen. Check to see your progress on the riven.